I miss old Bubba.

Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Anyone else feel the same?

I haven't lost a single kill since the Bubba rework so it's certainly not his power that bothers me.

Not even one single person has escaped so far - yet I don't feel happy about it. There's something I miss about old Bubba but I just can't figure out what it is.

Sorry if this seems like it makes no sense.

Comments

• GeorgieT
    GeorgieT Member Posts: 30

na i quite like the new rework, some quallty of life changes was needed back on old bubba but rework quite worked out in his favor

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

Because new bubba is strong af and really not fun to play against.

A basic potato can down half of a decent swf team just because of how his power is reworked.

Assuming bubba is running bamboozle then its really just a matter of time before you run out of pallets and then its just easy downs.

Example : You run to a long wall jungle gym but the pallet is broke, if bubba hits the window on bamboozle you are 100% going down unless bubba is brand new.

My biggest thing against bubba is if your doing a gen that's further than 3 seconds from a pallet of window your going down.

His new speed along with the new token mechanic makes bubba really really strong and with bamboozle once the pallets are gone the game is over.

Old bubba took real skill to really get a 4k and while he did need a buff he feels pretty dang strong now.

Rip the chainsaw boys :(

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I enjoy the new bubba. I played him a bunch before the buff, and I still play him a lot now. I don't get the feeling of playing a supposedly weak killer well anymore, but his power feels a lot smoother now which is nice

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

I miss the "o shi-" factor seeing him at high ranks. Cause if you saw old Bubba at red ranks, you knew someone was getting basement camped or facecamped; it was just a matter of who.

As far as the power rework? I am a huge fan. At the end of the 2017 "Leatherface" movie it has the Cannibal doing a super long dramatic chainsaw chase. I remember thinking "Why do I have to play Billy to do what Leatherface does in the movie?"

I could only find it in Spanish. 😅

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Hey man, I'm just happy that Bubba is on par with other top tier chasing killers now. If survivors can't beat you, you're a really good LF player and you deserve to win. Bubba isn't so all powefull that best survivor teams couldn't beat him so the players you face need to step up their gameplay.

Also you can always use just the first charge of your saw and pretend the other don't exist and you'll be basically playing old bubba if you miss his old reach since that's the main thing that changed.

• Yamaoka

I was about to say "is this what all the original Freddy mains felt like after his rework?"

I remember I had to make good reads and zone people smartly to get decent chainsaw hits or even multi-instadowns like these:

I used to record "legit" multi-instadowns all the time as they were EXTREMELY rare outside of camping. Now they happen almost every match.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Not really but I get where you are coming from. I really enjoyed playing old bubba, but I enjoy new bubba more.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 225

Old Bubba had personality.

The new one is just another run and gun killer. I honestly think they could of tried and played with the numbers a little before doing a rework.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited September 2020

Probably how i felt when Fred changed. Challenge is gone. He's not top tier but outside of the best survivors you're probably not going to lose much if you have a good grasp of the power. New powers fun to use but feels kind of brainless. Then again, old LF was pretty brainless too.

Outplaying a good team with a low tier killer felt real good because it meant you were smarter/better at a base level. I don't really get that feeling with most high tiers. Even if the killer is still pretty skillful in excecution.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Yes. I always went onto these forums and preached about how I loved the old Bubba and how he was A tier. Since his change I don't feel like he is as good as before. Maybe I haven't played him enough but I personally find him less fun to play now.

• Pricefield
    Pricefield Member Posts: 112

No, pre rework he was boring and innefective. I love TCM and seeing him be a worse Billy broke my heart. Now that i dont struggle and struggle to not just play an M1 killer I find I'm having fun with him again

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I wasn't a fan of new Bubba's new basekit, but Carburettor Tuning Guide and Primer Bulb really helped me.

Makes him more like his old self and less of new Bubba: which for me has generally been quite a lot of looking at the bottom left to see how many stacks I have and making sure I press M2 at the right time so I can keep chainsawing.

Granted CTG's an Ultra Rare add-on now, but I found it made him more like how he used to be. Maybe it'll provide some small measure of comfort to you too?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

It's because you played him before it was cool. ;)

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

I agree. I loved him before, just because I enjoy the character and I guess I liked the challenge. It was always very satisfying to do well with an underestimated killer, and I often got messages from people surprised and pleased that I played bubba, didn't facecamp, and still was a challenge.

But I'm also very glad that he's much stronger. I find his power fun to use, I stand a better chance against the stronger survivor squads. I do think it's a little on the strong side though, but I also think survivors are still working out how to play around it.

Also speed limiter is tons of fun now. You can chainsaw ontop of them and then catch up after their speed boost.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Ok,those survivors in your clips were textbook potatoes.

Even new Bubba shouldn't get any multi downs within one saw against somewhat decent survivors (except maaaaaybe with both ultra rares)

I can't compare Freddy with Bubby,because Bubba got a buff while Freddy got a whole rework.

And if you really want to get the old Leatherface back then you could just not use your second and third chainsaw dash token if you'd like to challenge yourself.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Please tell me what the major difference is between new and old Bubba.

They are still almost the same power concept wise

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

I like the new bubba.

The people who think old bubba was better, it's because they miss having another weak killer 😁

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,386

The only thing I really miss of old bubba was the synergy he had with Play with your food. I've heard you lose a stack each time you use a stack of your chainsaw so it's not as good as it was.

Otherwise I do like being able to start a chainsaw without already breathing down the survivor's neck first.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I know what your missing - simplicity.

Old bubba was simple in what he did and how he executed it. Rev, chainsaw away.

Now he's simple on what he does, but far too complex on how he executes it.

You gotta look at the tokens and press at the precise time or you wont get full efficiency, you also have to look at whats in front of you and cut around corners.

Add an extremely long tantrum on top of all this and it makes you wonder: "I'm literally just revving a chainsaw, why does this take so much effort?".

They've somehow managed to make the most simplistic ability in the game, complex.

• Yamaoka

I haven't tried his ultra rares yet (as I don't want to get used to addons that aren't sustainable) but I will give them a try. I think one of the factors that I dislike about new Bubba is his charge up mechanic. It's Hillbilly's charge up mechanic which makes him even less "unique" than before.

It's just a small detail but it contributed to a different chainsaw "feeling" if that makes sense.

Haha yeah perhaps that's a factor as well. With his changes he has become a lot more mainstream as his chainsaw is an extremely reliable chase tool now making it easier to perform well than before his rework.

• Yamaoka

Maybe you're right. His original rev mechanic made everything feel smoother and simple/enjoyable in my opinion. I genuinely liked charging it up, then holding it for a brief moment before releasing it and going into paintrain mode. The fact they copy/pasted Hillbilly's charge up mechanic makes him feel less unique and less smooth.

Don't get me wrong I don't struggle using new Bubba but he really does feel unnecessarily "complex" if that's the correct term.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited September 2020

Yea, I'm also not a fan of how Bubba's Chainsaw now charges and activates exactly like Hillbilly's.

Being able to feather it is basically worthless given how it works in a chase and it makes cancelling harder than it was before. He's a lot stronger in other areas of course, so it's not a big deal, but it's not what I'm used to. It's just different now and I don't really see why.

And, unfortunately, there are no add-ons that band-aid that.

(Also, if you haven't you should try his Iridescent add-ons together, it's just hilarious how far and long you can go.)

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

You excelled at a killer that was often laughed at.

This is how I feel about old Freddy. I miss him. I would regularly decimate at red ranks, but of course the usual response to that it “tHeY mUsT’vE bEeN pOtAtO’s!!!”