Hatch complaining.

Options
2ยป

Comments

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

Maybe, I play mostly with friends though so I don't wanna get cocky. I also try new killers like every month so I'm not exactly trying to be competitive, unless I'm playing Ghost Face.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

The problem is the mentality of players in this game. This "I have to 4K" or "I have to survive" is just stupid. Yeah, of course you dont think that you will lose this game when you start it, it would be dumb to play or enjoy a game where you think all the time that you are losing, but thinking that you deserve to win (whatever a win is), is equally dumb.

From the Killers side it is sometimes brought up with "I am the Power Role" or "I am supposed to be the Power Role", which is again, not relevant at all, since it is a Multiplayer Onlinegame and this means that both sides should have (and have) the chance to win a game.

That being sad, the part "The worst Survivor gets the Hatch" is also nonsense. It could be easily possible that the guy who gets the Hatch is the one who did the most for the team. Yes, it could be someone who was hiding all game, but it also could be someone the Killer was not able to catch. At the very least, he avoided the Killer to get the Hatch.

And even IF that guy is the worst Survivor - what does it matter to the Killer? Do Killers feel some injustice and want to help the other Survivors (who got killed) by also killing the last one, who played badly? Like, if anyone should get pissed that this guy gets the Hatch, it should be the Survivors, but not the Killers concern.

If players would just see this game as a game and not as some competition, it is a party game, a casual game. No reason to make it competitive.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I like the high stakes hatch hunt. Bit of tension at the end of the game.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340
    Options

Something that is heavily RNG isn't a crutch. The killer got screwed by RNG. As you said, RNG can be a #########.

And no, my scenario is exactly the same scenario that you described, only for killers; the elusive survivor that completely earned his escape yet can't because the exit gates spawned within eyesight of each other.

This just in: Killers aren't entitled to a 4k and survivors aren't entitled to an escape.

• teamdehn
    teamdehn Member Posts: 222
    Options

OK! you laughed at noed being compared to hatch, then brought up a completely different scenario. Hatch is a gift for survivors that requires no perk to utilize. And you agreed that a perk that is RNG isnt a crutch so thank you for agreeing that noed is not a crutch.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,228
    Options

I dont mind 4th survivor escape through hatch after 3K.

I mind 3 survivors with 1 Gen left, silently for a good while then suddenly 3 escape.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

Yeah but keys shouldnt even be part of this topic because they are there own category of bs

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,228
    Options
  • Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122
    Options

It's funny to see you talking about the killer - like they're SUPPOSED to care about the survivors and what they think/want.

Ever since crossplay as killer I get nothing but gen rushed and tbagged.

Neither side is going to care about the other anymore apparently when it comes to the fun of the game.

Because no one tries to have fun anymore, they just want to win.

Personally I don't give a flying fudge about hatch, but I think people have right to complain.

• Komodo16
    Options

Not if they expect thw other to care, and how is it funny that im talking about killer?

• maxkidd
    maxkidd Member Posts: 21
    Options

Imagine running a god tier match as a survivor-good mind games, looped the killer got gens done quickly, made some hook saves then as you go to walk out you get hit by noed and camped and your team leaves. That's how hatch feels with a good killer game except noed can be countered , hatch is rng and that's why I hate it. As survivor vs oni, Billy or other mobile killer hatch is borderline useless and some maps feel like you can just memorize the 2 or 3 spots itll spawn. Lile half the ######### in this game its flawed and needs some work but good luck ever getting that* cough* decisive strike*cough *

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

The hatch is fine as is. The only reason anyone complains about it is because they themselves feel entitled to the 4k or the escape. I prefer to have a hatch than not have one because I don't want to play cat and mouse forever. I prefer this hatch to the hatch stand offs - thought I usually just smacked them and walked away. I don't care if they get the hatch before me. Don't get me wrong, I'll try to scope out the hatch during my patrols/chases and will try to get to it and shut it, but I'm not going to lose any sweat over a hatch escape. Congrats, next match. If I pushed the game to 1 hatch escape, I clearly won that game. Not that I care much on that either.

The only thing I think that needs to truly be changed about EGC is:

1. The doors need to be set further apart and no in easy LoS. I've had many matches where I can stand and see both doors. It is nuts. Nobody stands a snowball's chance in he** of getting out. Why have the ruse at that point?
    2. DS and BT should be disabled once the 5th gen is completed. I get tired of going out of my way sometimes to not tunnel someone, just to get a DS when I have 1 on the hook and the door is open/99%. Gee, do I hit the uninjured person and wave good-bye or do I down the injured one and try to secure a kill? Well, crap, had I tunneled the tar out of them earlier, they would not have DS, but because I tried to be a decent dude, I will get hosed. Guess what I'm going to do next match? I'm going to get those DS's gone early. This function encourages tunneling and I absolutely hate that.
    3. The killer should have the option to damage the gate lever, thus putting it into regression. Just like a gen. If it is 99% and I hit it, it should start regressing. Let's make it interesting and truly put a risk on the side of survivors using the tactic. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the tactic, but there is little risk to it. There should be something the killer can do about it.
  • cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2020
    Options

I'm not bothering to read through 3 pages of whining and cringe arguments; I had some ttv bad word get their buddy to switch survivors to one with a key at loading screen so I didn't spot it so then 3 survivors got to hatch exit with 2 gens left because they couldn't outplay me. Is this the thread to moan about that in? OH MAHN BUT I CAN MOVE SLIGHTLY FASTER THAN SURVIVORS SO I SHOULD'VE SEEN THE HATCH AND PLAYED BETTER! DERP DERP DERP

• Komodo16
    Options

Are you comparing losing ONE kill to the feeling of being left to die due to something easily counterable?

• Komodo16
    Options

Agreeable. Doors are unfair for both sides because they are close or car and in between is whoever plays it smarter.

• Komodo16
    Options

Keys are a different problem buddy. If they couldnt outplay you that key wouldnt matter. Either way hatch is fine but could use a little change keys need the major change but as I told someone else this ISN'T about keys

• Komodo16
    Options

I ain't gotta love game mechanics to agree that they are fine. I HATE getting camped at endgame and I will be talking crap but in the end I know that I cant blame the person and it was the right strat. I dont got to like or favor anything to agree or disagree

• cloudface
    Options

๐Ÿ˜‘

"So I love how people complain about hatch."

"I love how just because a game goes in your favor you NEED that 4k."

"I dont got to like or favor anything to agree or disagree"

๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜

K.

Well, you just keep doing your survivor main "I'm right and that's definitely right and it doesn't matter about my logic" thing buddy, seems to be working for ya ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™

• Komodo16
    Options

Its almost like sarcasm is a thing and I thought you were talking about hatch. Next time make your sarcasm more apparent when there are more than ONE thing you could be talking about

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited September 2020
    Options

If you have successfully hooked and sacrificed 3 survivors but have failed to consider and take into account the existence of the hatch then you deserve to lose the 4th survivor. I donโ€™t care how well of a killer you were up to that point. The hatch is part of the game play. Instead of complaining about it, adapt and strategize. You arenโ€™t owed anything.

• Komodo16
    Options

THANK YOU it is so easy to find hatch for tbe most part. If you down one then the last surv has to come save or they lose regardless. I dont like slugging for the 4k but I will slug for hatch

• Athanar90
    Athanar90 Member Posts: 123
    Options

I have three problems with hatch.

1. It appears before the last gen has popped or there's only one survivor. If it didn't appear until you were at 0 gens or 1 survivor, you couldn't find it early on either side and that would reduce hatch disconnects.
    2. It opens immediately on a disconnect. Should be a timer, like the sacrifice animation. Even maybe the same animation as EGC collapse finish.
    3. It should provide points to the killer as if they'd sacrificed the survivor. The survivor didn't complete their objectives, so they didn't win.
  • cloudface
    Options

๐Ÿ˜ฏ

I still can't tell if you love it when people complain about hatch but I think you don't actually love how killers like to fulfill their raison d'etre and get as close to 32k bp by getting 4 kills when a game goes in their favor.

๐Ÿ˜ž

"when there are more than ONE thing you could be talking about", well there's always more than one thing anyone could be talking about really. Sometimes though, when you're posting on an internets forum and you hit that quote button thing and make reference to the first sentence of what someone else posted you're referring to that.

This is all getting too complicated, I'm going to go waste time not being able to get a "kill all 4 survivors" challenge done and think about how using a key to get through a hatch isn't somehow related to the hatch.

Hopefully you do actually love people complaining about the hatch and someone else will keep fulfilling that need for you ๐Ÿ˜ฌ.

• Komodo16
    Options

No keys are not related to this post. Keys are b.s. and survivors are supposed to escape but lord forbid we say we deserve an escape

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I don't typically have a problem with hatch more have a problem with with the gameplay styles it tends to cause.

1) slugging for the 4k I can fully agree it is not funny for the person being slugged to have to eat dirt for about 4 minutes whilst the killer tries to find the 4th Survivor.

2) Where's the last two immersed Claudette. This is when the last two survivors basically enter an immersed competition and do nothing hoping the other one dies. The killer is then forced to play an annoying game of searching every possible nook and cranny hoping a luckily bump into that stupid Claudette.

Both of these outcomes of Hatch are incredibly unfun for either party but the Hatch itself is not really a problem it just has very annoying symptoms

• TitanByDaylight
    TitanByDaylight Member Posts: 169
    Options

Tbh I kinda understand both sides with the hatch, if a survivor DC's I think a hatch is fair, but if it's just because survivors r doing poorly I do feel like there shouldn't be any a hatch. Idek I feel like a argument could b made for both sides if I'm being fair.

• Perfectsavage_13
    Perfectsavage_13 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Unfortunately not even the hatch can guarantee you'll not de pip. Even if everyone DCs, so I wouldn't say it rewards bad survivors. Not to mention it punishes the killer for no reason, they should have it where it one person DCs, it should give you more score than it already does, that way if 3 DC and one gets the hatch, it guarantees a black pop, same should go for survivor too, I hate when people DC it screws up the rest of the players, killer included.

• Komodo16
    Options

I think hatch needs balancing and D.C. needs to guarantee a black pip depending in how many

• SavouryRain
    Options

Where did I ever say that noed is a crutch?

Go on, I'm waiting.

• SavouryRain
    Options

That's a problem with keys, not with the Hatch mechanic itself.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

Being able to close the hatch doesn't bother me near as much as the exit gates spawning so close together. In most cases when the hatch is closed, it's game over, because the gates are so easy to patrol. They should spawn on opposite sides of the map in order to give the survivor a chance to open the gate, instead of being almost certain death. I say this as both killer and survivor. A 4k should be earned by effort, and hard work, not given..

• rogueplayer00
    rogueplayer00 Member Posts: 110
    Options

My only issue with hatch is keys. I think hatch is fine, by the time the killer gets a 3k or someone DC's to give hatch, you should pip at least 1 as a killer. So i don't give a damn. What I do give a damn about though, is the fact that I've gotten MULTIPLE games where 2 die, and the other 2 leave with a key. I think only one person should be able to leave through a key hatch, and the hatch should break when one person escapes with it. But thats just me.

• dungforever5
    dungforever5 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I've been playing for two months and honestly, I don't understand why anyone is complaining about hatch. Like just let the last survivor go. It's not that serious. Are you getting paid to okay this game? Does your kill record affect your pay? When I'm the killer, I always let the last survivor get hatch. It's not a big deal. Calm down.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited September 2020
    Options

I had a match where I was crushing the survivors. I downed the 3rd and the 4th was injured somewhere. I didn't feel like slugging for the 4k so I hooked the 3rd right away. Then BBQ shows the 4th person making a beeline to a spot and crouches. "I wonder what could be there?" Despite the hatch being so far away, I actually get there in time to close it as Nea is standing on top of it. She was pissed. Worst part is I had no idea the hatch was there. Had she used her brain and jumped into a locker to hide from BBQ, I wouldn't have found her. I bet they wanted to send me several angry messages but then they realized I am on PC and they are on console.