MMR killer matchmaking

Options
Alpha8512_Xbox
Alpha8512_Xbox Member Posts: 34
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

I've recently started playing huntress and trapper and I've maybe played them both 2 or 3 times before the whole MMR system was put into place. I've played around 5 or so matches as both killers each. Should I be going up against new players? If so, I'm getting put up against red ranks and I'm not even able to practice huntress. I'm not new to the game but would like to try some new killers without getting bullied. Wasn't the whole point of adding the MMR matchmaking supposed to encourage people to play new killers?

Comments

• Akhaten
    Akhaten Member Posts: 125
    Options

MMR was disabled shortly after release because it was not working correctly (what a shock). It kept matching new players with veteran players even after a few days so they reverted it back to the old matchmaking algorithm based on ranks.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475
    Options

Sometimes the waiting time is extremely long...

But for some unknown reason the matchmaking is longer in killer, while survivor in less than 10 seconds I have a game...

It wasn't always like that. A few months ago it was the opposite, 10 seconds as a killer and 5 minutes as a survivor...

There are people, a lot of people, with the crossplate there should be millions (I think), so why is it so long ????

• Alpha8512_Xbox
    Options

Ah I see, I knew they disabled it for like 2 days or something then put it back up. This makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

• Alpha8512_Xbox
    Options

Depends on your server. You'll on get matched up with people on your server so it depends on time of day. There would never be a million players on at one time btw.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

If you wait longer than 1min, probably, the system will throw at you any players. Maybe its better than never finding anyone to play with...