2 DCs, entity displeased

Erk
Erk Member Posts: 230

Really ? I killed a person and the last guy escaped from the hatch. I got 0 hooks out of one DCer and 1 hook out of one of 'em.

Why ? WHY ? It is already not fun to see a DC and now you PUNISH me for it ?! WHY ?

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,064

Yep, no player should depip if one player disconnects. Blackpip minimum for all Survivors and the Killer, IMO.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

The emblem system is meaningless with mmr. The devs literally stated that they're gonna leave ranks just for bragging rights.

You can happily stop caring about pips and their inconsistencies.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

But it's not going away. They'll go through with it, you might as well get used to the fact that ranks and pips will be totally worthless.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 955

I only get annoyed by a DC if when it kicks all of us out of a trial. Considering that ONE single DC just wasted 4 others time. If someone is gonna DC. Let them DC. Leave the rest to continue playing. Dunno why One single Player can DC and take all out of play.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited September 2020

As far as we know it's not going away, but ever since they announced that they were turning it off, they haven't mentioned anything about when it might be coming back. And right now games are back to being set up by rank, which is one of the worst ways to set up a match.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

^^^ this.

I mean, the game already recognizes someone dropped out during loadup. so... it should be possible for the game to reduce the number of needed gens and start the game with 3 players or even 2.

or AT LEAST show WHO disconnected and give everyone else their points

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 955

Well. Sorry for your loss. I dont bother caring for rank. Considering it's all screwed up right now.

• Neferium
    Neferium Member Posts: 9

Killers get the red carpet. They roflstomp survivors left and right and complain about not being able to rolfstomp harder.

Reason you get DCs is because roflstomping too hard.

Play with your food. Let them get points too. (Should actually get more points for the killer for this sort of stuff IMO...)

Or you go super unlucky and the world took away the internet from 2 of your survivors... but most likely they had enough of killer-focused gameplay and left.

Survivor Logic: I am going to de-pip and get almost no BP. Should I leave now or waste 20 minutes of my life for no reason? Hmmmm.

• Erk
    Erk Member Posts: 230

I downed the guy, a meg messed up the pallet save and he DC'ed. Explain to me how I could have prevented that.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

People say these forums are killer biased, but holy crap some of these DC excusers are disgusting.

"You did too well, I deserve to have an easy game and escape, why should I have to wait"

Most team vs games have DC penalties because it screws everyone over. Try playing LoL or Paladins or Identity V.

These games have DC because rude people dodge the game because someone gets mad and doesnt want the other side to have fun.

Thats ultimately the reason for DCs in this game (With exceptions of system errors and outages.) Its ok for survivors to DC because the killer was having fun and they got mad

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

That totally sounds like what humans will do... not care about the ranks. That didn’t back fire or anything when MMR was released....

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

I depiped after doing half a gen, get chased for 4 gens, got downed, got rescued and scaped. I guess I'm not that good to keep the rank 1

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited September 2020

Cuz ranks do not matter. :^)

EDIT: and maybe beecuz devs like grind.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

It's just as bad when your teammates first-hook suicide the first two minutes into the game. Had that happen yesterday. Luckily the Clown was nice enough to farm with us. He'd hit us, we'd heal. He'd hook us, we'd unhook. Then he led us to gens, and we'd let them kick them. I've done that as killer before. Caught this Meg in a locker. Cheryl tried to sabo the hook. I hit her. She didn't run away. I hit her again. I hooked Meg, then hooked Cheryl. They both killed themselves on the hook. I felt bad for the other two, so I growled to let them know I was down to farm. They understood I wasn't going to try to kill them, and wound up with a safety pip instead of depipping.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

I didn't play last night, but the night before I had survivors DC four matches in a row. Each time because they were so damned easy to find and down before the first Gen was done.

I ended up making them farming matches (the survivors went along with it) for the BP and the remainders thanked me at the exit gates.

When DC penalties were in place, it would just be a first hook suicide. So, nothing really changed except I got the sacrifice points. It still blew that match for everyone.