Survivor queues are garbage. Even with crossplay.

I actually thought crossplay would remedy this. Silly me. Been this way since the Ruin nerf. Maybe it is just me.

Comments

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Yeah i get pretty unoptimal players. Not even funny "unoptimal", just urban evading the while match.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228

I think they're fine when I play but that could be just me. They're kind of bad when I play with a friend though.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I have actually noticed faster matchmaking with crossplay. I play during the night since that's the only time I am available to play and I am not waiting 10+ minutes anymore for a survivor match. Killer remained the same, instant.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

The issue was that the population it's probably split, those who opted in and those who opted out. At least on PS4, I think it's making things worse because the community is fragmented on crossplay. I know I personally opted out but I also know people who have opted-in. I really hope they add console only crossplay, I think that's going to be the best option.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

They're pretty good for me, but they were good even before crossplay.

Platform: PC EU.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,064

"No one wants to play killer. "<--- can we for once stop with this? It is not true at all. Besides, before Crossplay the Queue Times were instant for Survivor and longer for Killer. And nobody said "No one wants to play Survivor".

@Topic:

My Queue Times are roughly the same as before Crossplay. Usually I get instant Lobbies from Morning until Afternoon as Survivor and longer Waiting Times for Killer (5 minutes+), and in the evening/night, I have instant Queues for Killer and have to wait around 3 minutes for Survivor. The Survivor Queues got a little bit longer in the evening (instead of 2-3 minutes it is mostly around 3 minutes now).

Probably, because Console had a lot of Survivor players. Also, Console Killers dont have to play Crossplay to have instant Lobbies, so I assume that many already have disabled it to get "easier games against Console Survivors".

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

It's the truth. When pyramid head came out, suddenly survivor queues were instant and killer queues were long, because of the hype. Once the hype was gone, back to instant for killer.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited September 2020

I have the game on ps4. Survivor q was not instant but killer was.

Just to add to this. the moment i got rank 16 on ps4 it started to shove me with red ranks, what does that tell you?

• kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186

It depends when I play. I play on some EU servers, so in the morning I turn off Crossplay cause I get instantly a lobby with survivors a a killer. But aftermoon amd evenings I have To turn on Crossplay unless I'd be waiting for 5+ mins for a match (as survivor killer is instant at tis mentioned day time).

I prefer playing with PS4 players only though. If I turn on crossplay I am matched with (probably) just PC players considering their names. And for some reason I'm matched with a lot of Russians. Crossplay killers aren't my favorite thing either, I ALWAYS end up facing someone eho tunnels so bad, or plays Canibal, One-shot Huntress or Freddy 🤷🏻‍♂

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,064
    edited September 2020

So if you turn off Crossplay in the Morning, you get instant Queue Times as Killer? Matchmaking is also fine?

EDIT: Ah, you are probably on PS4... A shame, thought I would be able to get fast Killer Queues over the day with that.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

The times are faster, but the player skill is really bad.

• Neferium
    Neferium Member Posts: 9

Upon crossplay, my personal experience is 4x-5x longer wait times and incredibly bad teams. Additionally, I almost NEVER see a PC player anymore.

Maybe I was always lucky beforehand and got matches super easy... but I am never lucky so this boggles me.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

My killer queues have gotten better but I suspect that's because there's so many survivors queuing up.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I'm on EU servers myself and I get pretty much Survivor lobbies under 1 min during the day, but up to 10 mins as killer. Once night comes around, surviovr queues leap up to near 15 minutes waiting, but killer becomes instant. It's usually at night you see far more SWF appearing as during the day which in turn makes it harder for people to get a lobby

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Sorry you getting lost in the crowd. Except for yesterday morning I've been getting pretty much instant matches. Surprisingly I even see the same people alot. I thought I'd never see the same guy twice once crossplay was started.

I bounce around rank levels a lot so maybe that helps me find matches more ?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

My killer queues on PS4 are instant with crossplay on or off. With crossplay on as survivor I only go against pc killers and with it off my queues are horrible. Playing killer on console is just not a great experience, even worse right now than it is usually and you feel like your opponent the frame rate as much as the survivors. If you've played against console survivors you've probably noticed they usually go for 360s a lot more which right now on indoor maps is kinda like having infinite dead hards.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited September 2020

Believe it or not it does help the queue times, but they still won't be instantaneous because there will always be far more people playing survivor than killer. I for one stopped playing killer because the matchmaking was getting out of hand. I'm at rank 13 killer, but the last match I had it put me up against two rank 1 and a rank 5. After that happened I threw in the towel.

• Neferium

So is it that killers are more in need?

I been tempted to try a killer, but I am a pretty bad DBD player as is. That's not too exciting for others. Like... I might kill more people from boredom than hooking.

But I been eye'ing the Plague... and Legion...

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

It's a 4v1 game, so yeah killers are in short supply. But I wish there was a practice mode like there is with the mobile version because this game can be downright punishing for newer players, or players new to certain killers.

• Neferium

I don't mind the idea of messin' around with survivors and not taking the game too seriously... But when I say I am bad.. I mean, I may try my absolute best and be so bad as to never once ever hit anyone. lol.

I can play the game for many hours during a "season" or whatever and get finally to rank 12 (my current and highest rank... played game since launch) while a friend of mine gets to rank 2 within 2 or 3 days.

Hmm, maybe I should try a killer... could be my problem is I am playing for the wrong team this whole time ha ha.