Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Broken Matchmaking

Exoreath
Exoreath Member Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

######### BHVR I'm so ######### sick of this.

Comments

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    edited February 2020

I have exactly same every game now. Im rank 9-10 and still facing 1-3 rank survivors. I see problem in decrease of killers numbers. System cannot find enough killers so its taking every rank to fill game so survivors dont have to wait long times. But again, this system si only punishing killers again. BHVR is mostly nerfing killers, this leads to decrease of killers numbers and this leads to unfair matchmaking. Yes, this system needs to be fixed but first they should fix maps (delete infinites), fix gen repair speeds, focus on problematic survivor perks and then more players will play killers again and matchmaking will have enough killers to fairly fill games. By fixing matchmaking BHVR is only curing symptoms but not source of problems.

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156

I'm a red rank survival. I will face only 1 or 2 red rank killers in 10 games.

Match making is not broken, but the rank system is broken now especially red rank.

Do you know? Red rank survivals are always waiting a match more than 10min+. Then, matchmaking system will match them with any killer.

I feel the same with https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123839/ruin-nerf-literally-killed-solo-survivor-queue-times/p1

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,521

Game is unplayable as killer now, every evening is rank 1 SWFs, I'm a mid-rank player playing a bottom-rank killer having zero fun and heavily regretting buying the Rift pass.

• vikuryu
    vikuryu Member Posts: 15

im a 300h Killer rank 10 and i always face red ranks or purple ALWAYS.

in 10 games there is like 1 or 2 wihout one or more red survivors.

as a survivor i managed to go straight to rank 1 but with killer i cant get forward because of that..

this is really frustrating..

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Bring Devour Hope. They rush gens so fast, they won't notice it until it's too late. Managed to get multiple Moris with this evening's games. This one was one of the few that felt solid in terms of Matchmaking:

Most of the others had at least 1 red rank, multiple purples. The usual sort of riffraff. At least I'm prestiging my Spirit though, so they can't take too much advantage of the Baby Killer aspect.

• candyflip
    candyflip Member Posts: 3

I don't understant how this matchmaking works AT ALL. I doubt they even have one. I've played this game for 1 week and just look at this. Never in my life have i experienced such HORRIBLE matchmaking. And they are swf 80% of the games. How the f am i supposed to climb?

• Vraixen
    Vraixen Member Posts: 30

fix this trash or i am done with this game

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168

That was my really enjoyable evening... I got one kill during the endgame, because they tried to rescue each other. And obviously this is a SWF, which doesn't make the game easier...

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

😬

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168

LooooL, really, 🀬. Invert the algorithm for matchmaking please.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
  • Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

Does anyone know what is happening with the new matchmaking system? One thing I've been wondering is how will that new algorithm deal with the people who purposely depip?

The matchmaking does need fixing, but how do players who do that invertently affect the rankings? Is that making a significant impact?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Throwing games at random won't do anything, if the MMR is done properly. Assuming the MMR to be representative of skill, then they should be able to discern whether or not you're "faking" it based on certain metrics.

• 0Siegfried0
    0Siegfried0 Member Posts: 1

Seems fair

• ME_WeT_SauZe
    ME_WeT_SauZe Member Posts: 12

Dude what in thee actual #########. I've been playing this game for a couple of days now and I haven't gotten a single fair ######### match yet. I mean look at this horse #########.

Can you guys fix this bullshit, this isn't fun in the ######### slightest. These higher ranking ######### just dance ######### circles around me.

• jdesrosier
    jdesrosier Member Posts: 1

Why fix problems when they can just add new cosmetics? That will solve everything right, broken matchmaking, bugs in perks, unbalanced perks? Just give them new charms and call it good. That said out of every 10 matches (being a mid level killer, varies between 10-13) I personally have at least 9 with a red rank or clearly a SWF group with 1 my level and other 3 rank 7 or above. Easy fix for this is to match a killer the same rank as highest rank survivor on team. I also think this is why matchmaking takes so long is nobody wants to play killer when the matchmaking is so messed up they don’t have fun at all.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Been getting this nonsense steadily, everyday

...feel bad for that Trapper tho

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

my belief is that the killer is checked against every survivor and there is a +/- 6 ranks that they can be matched, EVEN in a SWF. it's supposed to be the average of the SWF but I don't know. also the ones that are 1-2 ranks out of that range can mean that the killer had to wait a while, or the survivors were waiting a while and the game starts opening up that window. we don't know the time frame of that nor do we know the exact matchmaking algorithm.

• Neebo
    Neebo Member Posts: 4

All the patching, balancing, nerfing, buffing and everything means nothing as long as the matchmaking is as bad as it is... But if they fix the matchmaking then they reveal all the real problems that will need balancing ... I'm starting to believe they don't want that.

Also I can't fathom how the matchmaking has been this bad all these years while literally any other game can handle matchmaking adequately.

• bugsbunny23
    bugsbunny23 Member Posts: 3

I am a killer rank 15 And they came across a survivor level 2, 5, 14, 10. And I also would like to comment that they need to fix the Legion bleed out timers take way too long I have played at least 30 games with him/her and only one died to bleed out and that is because they were AFK. And it still came to the point thatI had completely forgot that I had sliced her

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

Survivors are not supposed to drop because the timer goes down. It doesn't go down while running, the point of this timer is that the survivor has to run into safety, mend and waste time doing so.

Sometimes someone drops because they don't know how to mend. It's a clear indicator that this survivor is very new.

• himheart
    himheart Member Posts: 100

And this is happening every evening. I have 70 hours and sometimes my opponents have 2k or 3k and red ranks. How is it fair

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

I hover around 14/15 for killer and have only one killer max levelled with tier 3 perks, and I get red rank survivors and SwF teams all the time. It is frustrating I think on both sides because they have an easy match which probably isn't that fun and I have an incredibly hard match that isn't that fun.