Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can No Mither start me in the dying state plz

I want to be able to fully recover with it at least once in my lifetime.

Comments

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

Hahahah.

Any tips? I'm about to try a No Mither build on a Feng.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

You need to learn how to take hits for others. I can regularly get one self revive per game by simply understanding killer psychology and taking a hit at the right time. For example, say the killer already got a hook on you and is seriously tunneling a dude that's been looping him for a long time, if you run up and take a hit right when they were about to get that person a lot of the time they will leave you and keep chasing them because they REALLY want to catch them. You do that the right way and that dude escapes the chase while you crawl away and get up. If you know what the killer wants at any given moment you can really screw them up.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    edited October 2018

You might wanna take a look at this, maybe it can inspire you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gewbR10ekeo

Btw, sabotage is gonna get buffed heavily next patch

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    @No_Mither_No_Problem
    Have you tried using Tenacity yet? I find that it works wonders. Especially if paired with Bill's slug perk.
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

@thesuicidefox said:
    You need to learn how to take hits for others. I can regularly get one self revive per game by simply understanding killer psychology and taking a hit at the right time. For example, say the killer already got a hook on you and is seriously tunneling a dude that's been looping him for a long time, if you run up and take a hit right when they were about to get that person a lot of the time they will leave you and keep chasing them because they REALLY want to catch them. You do that the right way and that dude escapes the chase while you crawl away and get up. If you know what the killer wants at any given moment you can really screw them up.

Oh fucksake this bullshit again

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    edited October 2018

@Eight said:
    Hahahah.

First and foremost: DO NOT waste a Perk slot on Iron Will. The 50% could be better, but the 50% is still good. You already have to use up a Perk slot just to turn on hardmode; Iron Will simply isn’t worth having essentially two Perks while always injured throughout the entire game.

Learn how to stay safe. By only having one hit on you and the Killer being told to tunnel the hell out of you, your survivability is viciously cut. Everything is working against you when you have No Mither: You’re always injured, the Killer wants more than normal to get you, other Survivors will assume you’re going to be useless because you have No Mither and are more inclined to try not to help you. You need to learn to get away in chases and you need to learn to keep the Killer from discovering you.

If the Killer wasn’t dropped on their head as a child, they aren’t going to slug you when you have No Mither, so unless you’re playing at rank 50, don’t even think about the dying recovery stuff.

My current build is NM, We’ll Make It, Resilience, and a wildcard (Empathy right now). We’ll Make It is a considerably underrated Perk imo. Double healing speed for 90 seconds? Yes please. It makes getting Altruism points so much easier because you can unhook and instantly heal them. One of those is already 20 points. Two of those will net you an Iridescent.

Repair gens, stealth, and heal others is your safest bet for getting pips with No Mither. If someone is repairing a gen with you, go to a different one and use your Resi to more quickly get lightbringer points for yourself. If someone else gets the unhook before you, work together to heal them so you can get points. If someone gets farmed, this is one of the few times it would be a good idea to take a hit for someone, to get those sweet sweet benevolent points. You may always be injured, but getting hooked once isn’t sealing your fate unless you get camped.

And, of course, if you are good at chases, being injured won’t even matter since you’ll go forever without getting hit anyway. So if you can pull that off, that’s some Evader points right there.

Post edited by No_Mither_No_Problem on
  • Eight

@No_Mither_No_Problem

Wow, that's awesome. I really appreciate you taking the time to offer so much advice, mate. You're a star!

Sounds like it could be worth a few shots, if for no other reason than to force me to play a little better (or, at least, less lazy).

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Eight said:

@No_Mither_No_Problem

Wow, that's awesome. I really appreciate you taking the time to offer so much advice, mate. You're a star!

Sounds like it could be worth a few shots, if for no other reason than to force me to play a little better (or, at least, less lazy).

You better appreciate this after roasting my precious thicc boi
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited October 2018

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

Sabotage hooks near a corner and go there when the killer chases you. Then prepare to get facecamped and smacked on the hook when eventually you'll get hooked. Works everytime.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    White_Owl said:

Sabotage hooks near a corner and go there when the killer chases you. Then prepare to get facecamped and smacked on the hook when eventually you'll get hooked.

Inb4 I try that once and the Killer has Hangman’s Trick
  • Eight

I do! The last time a Jake was nice to me on this forum, I let a Jake in-game have an easy ride and escape, in their honour.

I shall do the same for you.

(Then punish the one after twice as hard.)

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Eight said:

I do! The last time a Jake was nice to me on this forum, I let a Jake in-game have an easy ride and escape, in their honour.

I shall do the same for you.

(Then punish the one after twice as hard.)

Watch me be the second Jake
  • Eight

Watch me be the second Jake

Hahahahaha.

Awww. Hope not, that'd make me regret my abusive behaviour.

• Eight

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    You might wanna take a look at this, maybe it can inspire you:

Oh that's clever - everyone running No Mither and Empathy so they can see each other!

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    edited October 2018
    Eight said:

Hahahahaha.

Awww. Hope not, that'd make me regret my abusive behaviour.

Better to be abused physically and emotionally by Amanda than abused sexually by Freddy.
  • Eight

Better to be abused physically and emotionally by Amanda than abused sexually by Freddy.

That is certainly true. Heh. Not a nice thought though (the latter part, obviously).

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Eight said:

That is certainly true. Heh. Not a nice thought though (the latter part, obviously).

Fredward Scissorfingers please don’t scissor-finger me
  • Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

Balanced

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Soren said:

Balanced

Finally

b a l a n c e
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    @Eight @No_Mither_No_Problem Hi there! Jake main here about to tell you some lesser known knowledge about Iron Will. The noise reduction while injured only applies to the injured state. The minute you go into the dying state your survivor will start groaning at full volume.

", The more you know."
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    Peasant said:
    @Eight @No_Mither_No_Problem Hi there! Jake main here about to tell you some lesser known knowledge about Iron Will. The noise reduction while injured only applies to the injured state. The minute you go into the dying state your survivor will start groaning at full volume.

", The more you know."
    I already knew that. Only NM reduces dying sounds.
  • thesuicidefox

@thesuicidefox said:

LOL dude it works. If the killer is chasing the obsession and about to get them and you take a hit, they will leave you and keep chasing. I've done it many times. You just have to do it at the moment the killer really wants someone else. Obviously you take the risk the killer just hooks you, but you can make them slug you if you take hits at the right time.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    edited October 2018

@thesuicidefox said:

LOL dude it works. If the killer is chasing the obsession and about to get them and you take a hit, they will leave you and keep chasing. I've done it many times. You just have to do it at the moment the killer really wants someone else. Obviously you take the risk the killer just hooks you, but you can make them slug you if you take hits at the right time.

It works at rank 20 where Killers were dropped on their heads as babies and will actually slug a guy with NM.
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited October 2018

@Eight said:
    Hahahah.

-Bring sabo and the best toolbox you have with the best sabotage addons
    -Create a no hook zone in a map corner
    -???
    -PROFIT

• No_Mither_No_Problem

@Eight said:
    Hahahah.

-???
    -PROFIT

Are you aware that hook respawns exist?
  • Dragonredking
    edited October 2018

Dragonredking said:

@Eight said:

Hahahah.

-???

-PROFIT

Are you aware that hook respawns exist?

Are you aware that hook take three minute to respawn and less than 10 second to sabo with the best tool?
    Are you aware sabo is getting buffed in next patch by making the hook take even more time to respawn depending on your sabo level?

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    edited October 2018
    Eight said:

Also, forgot to mention a small but also big thing: When you have No Mither, Make Your Choice is actually a good thing for you. A very good thing, in fact. It encourages the Killer to keep a far distance from the hook in order to get the proxy, which allows you to go in for an unhook heal. Meanwhile, once other Survs know the Liller has MYC, they’ll be discouraged from unhooking because they don’t want the Exposed effect. Meanwhile, you just don’t care. It literally doesnt affect you. A kind of double altruism: Lets you get more safe unhooks and lets you tank the Exposed for other Survivors.
  • Dragonredking

Here it is put into practice by a whole swf team

• No_Mither_No_Problem

Here it is put into practice by a whole swf team

A whole SWF team.

Not one solo Q Survivor, which is how I play.
  • Dragonredking

You don't need to be 4 to destroy all hook of a corner of the map and make it literally impossible for a killer that don't have agitation and or iron grasp to hook you.
    By the way...
    ARE YOU AWARE that next patch hooks cluster won't spawn anymore wich will make it even easier to make no hook zone

• No_Mither_No_Problem

You don't need to be 4 to destroy all hook of a corner of the map and make it literally impossible for a killer that don't have agitation and or iron grasp to hook you.
    By the way...
    ARE YOU AWARE that next patch hooks cluster won't spawn anymore wich will make it even easier to make no hook zone

Killers can still carry you pretty damn far. If one corner of the map is sabo’d, they can easily take you into another corner.

And even if it was that powerful, you know what everyone would do? Run IG, Hangman’s, and/or Agi. Boom. No more sabo.
  • thesuicidefox
    edited October 2018

It works at rank 20 where Killers were dropped on their heads as babies and will actually slug a guy with NM.

No it works at rank 1 too. Like I said it doesn't always work, but it can when you do it at the right time. You have to know what a killer is thinking and feeling though. You can't just take any hit and get slugged, you have to know when they really want someone else. If the killer already has a hook on you they look at you like a free kill anyway, so they WILL leave you down because they think they can get the other guy and you at the same time.

You can also get them to slug you in case where you can force their hand. For example, if the killer is chasing someone around their Ruin, just go over and start doing the totem. This forces the killer to 1) hit you or 2) grab you. If there is another survivor nearby there is a high chance they will slug you since they know that by taking your hook they give up Ruin. A normal survivor can't do that because being in dying state is a bad thing, but for NM guy it's not. It's a bit of a kamikaze play, but if done right you force the killer to trade a hook for a totem, and some killers won't take that trade, meaning they slug you.

You can also force them to slug you if they really want to camp a hook. Run up to rescue, it forces them to again hit or grab, but if they take your hook then the other guy gets away. They might not want that so they slug you, thinking that they can just hit you down again if you get up. A lot of killers underestimate the power of NM. If they are in a position where they have the advantage they will slug you because they don't think you will actually get away.

If you take hits and never get slugged then you are just doing it wrong.

• No_Mither_No_Problem

No it works at rank 1 too. Like I said it doesn't always work, but it can when you do it at the right time. You have to know what a killer is thinking and feeling though. You can't just take any hit and get slugged, you have to know when they really want someone else. If the killer already has a hook on you they look at you like a free kill anyway, so they WILL leave you down because they think they can get the other guy and you at the same time.

You can also get them to slug you in case where you can force their hand. For example, if the killer is chasing someone around their Ruin, just go over and start doing the totem. This forces the killer to 1) hit you or 2) grab you. If there is another survivor nearby there is a high chance they will slug you since they know that by taking your hook they give up Ruin. A normal survivor can't do that because being in dying state is a bad thing, but for NM guy it's not. It's a bit of a kamikaze play, but if done right you force the killer to trade a hook for a totem, and some killers won't take that trade, meaning they slug you.

You can also force them to slug you if they really want to camp a hook. Run up to rescue, it forces them to again hit or grab, but if they take your hook then the other guy gets away. They might not want that so they slug you, thinking that they can just hit you down again if you get up. A lot of killers underestimate the power of NM. If they are in a position where they have the advantage they will slug you because they don't think you will actually get away.

If you take hits and never get slugged then you are just doing it wrong.

If you take hits and never get slugged then the Killer isn’t trisomic.*

ftfy
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

That's awesome!
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I truly believe that No_Mither should not have that visible icon displayed to killers. The survivor using it should start the match healthy but be unable to be healed at all once hit, this way you can hide the fact you have the perk at least once if they slug you and maybe twice if they think it was just Unbreakable.

I honestly don't care if this perk gets a change though as it is meant to be a "hardcore option"

• SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246

I like this idea! Make this happen!!!