The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Vigo's the new killer?

Slump
Slump Member Posts: 1

The Blight = Tome 1 Guy = Vigo?

Comments

• LegitLegendary0
    LegitLegendary0 Member Posts: 18

if you have read the archives and the lore, we dont actually know whether vigo is the alchemist or not, it states that vigo and the alchemist were one or the same person but beyond that thats the greatest amount of lore in dbd history. Talbot Grimes may be vigo OR possibly a failed apprentice as seen with the cosmetic for dwight and claudette being vigos apprentices. Perhaps Talbot left vigo and took his notes to study the blight to eventualy do the entities bidding. (or possibly not and he is still performing his experience which the entity has allowed and talbot is actually not killing FOR the entity, but for his research on what the blight does and what it can do.) Any Questions go ahead.

• End_of_Slayer
    End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 146

Talbot found the journal as seen in the lore from 2018's Hallowed Blight event. He was never an apprentice to Vigo as no one knows what happened to him except maybe The Observer. The cosmetics for Dwight, Jake, and Claudette are most likely ties to what Vigo's apprentice, his marauder, and his pupil would've looked like. Or they helped Vigo before he disappeared. After all, Vigo can do a lot of things in the fog, would make sense for survivors to help him if they want to get out. And if you read the Archives for The Hunger back last year in Tome 1, you would know that our dear Alchemist has said that he would tear the limbs off both killers and survivors just so he can get more of the serum. Maybe our Scottish Alchemist didn't read far enough into the journal and just thought the serum would work. But upon knowing what the serum does to killers, there's no way it would work on a survivor and turn them into something that would help him escape the trials. Maybe the void, but he just wen from a survivor losing all hope, to being thrown into the void, to becoming the thing he once experimented on.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

This is turning into a Frankenstein/Frankenstein's monster situation, innit?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Vigo is a completely different person in fact the 2018 blight event pretty much confirms it.

20 October - Vigo

I discovered a hidden laboratory while running away from a monster. Its stocks are uncommonly plentiful. I observed shelves of alkaloids, crates of silver syringes, piles of protective clothes and a journal signed “Vigo”. Its pages are filled with notes on an ancient force that controls the nature of this place—that shapes it. I also noted a few drawings of the growing cankers I've seen on trees.

This basically describes how the blight got a hand on the journal in the first place.

30 October - Vigo II

I looked for Vigo. I shouted his name with no concern for the monsters lurking about. I need to find him… I picture the scene, etching a canvas of wild lines in my mind, focusing on the moon and I know—something is off. I fed the dead rodent under my pillow.

All of this is from the blights or Mr grimes' point of view.

It pretty much explains that firstly he had absolutely no idea who Vigo was until finding the journal if he knew it wouldn't have had to put the name of Vigo in quotation marks and if he was his Apprentice he would have at least been moderately familiar with his research which he clearly isn't.

As for the second entry the fact that he goes searching for Vigo and calls out for him pretty much implies that he's not him Vigo with a complete stranger to him he just needs him to get a better understanding of what the hell the serum is

• LegitLegendary0
    LegitLegendary0 Member Posts: 18

thats not what i PERSONALLY said, that is what the LORE itself actually states, they are the devs words not mine. I know they are not the same person which is why i said that talbot could have been a failed apprentice, gone wrong and began his own testing of the putrid serum. You COULD read the backstories but i read the official lore of the site instead as well as the backstories. Anyway what is said was a theory and it does state that they were once the same person, which is why i believe he is vigos aprentice possibly before dwight.

• BSNightflow
    BSNightflow Member Posts: 81

"the official lore of the site"... if you are referring to the "official" dbd wiki, NAH.

That site is not at all official and what it claims to be legit information can be awfully outdated or out of pure speculation. Even today the wiki page saying Benedict was the author of the Hallowed Blight journals is still there, not corrected.

The only legit source is the game itself.

You may check for perks and character bios on the wiki, but beyond those, nah.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited September 2020

The devs confirmed Benedict wrote the journals in one of their streams, which is why it's on the wiki. I guess you must've missed that.

• BSNightflow
    BSNightflow Member Posts: 81

I've watched the dev stream before the Hallowed Blight event in 2018 and I believe they didn't say that.

It's okay though, Dave recently confirmed on Twitter that the protagonist of Hallowed Blight is the Blight (Talbot).

• Orion

Retcons have happened before and will happen again. That doesn't mean the wiki is unreliable.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

The wiki is notoriously unreliable and I'd love to see any evidence that suggests that Talbot from 2018 is said to be Benedict. Even back then, it was pretty clear they were different people because the guy from 2018 was snatched in an opium den while Benedict wandered into the MacMillan estate searching for answers himself.

• Orion

The wiki is notoriously unreliable

No, it's not. A small minority of people like to claim it is, but it's the most reliable source of information out there. At best, you could say new or retconned information can take some time to be placed there, but that's what happens when there aren't enough people contributing to the wiki. A handful of users can only do so much.

How's this: instead of claiming that the wiki is "unreliable" because they didn't update what I presume to be multiple entries within 3 days of an offhand comment on Twitter by a dev, why don't you contribute to the wiki? You could've helped to fix the issue.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    edited September 2020

First off, I don't appreciate the pedantic and self-righteous tone you're using with me. Second, the wiki IS wrong about a disturbing amount of content. Here's an example: breakable walls. It says TWICE on the breakable walls portion of the wiki that each map has their own unique variation of the walls. So, Midwich and Glenvale both have unique walls according to the wiki. Wrong, they're identical. And that's just two instances I've outlined for you. Don't forget the ridiculous "leaks" that used to show up on the site which led to the wiki being locked from contribution by any outside the wiki team. Yes, I would contribute to the wiki if it was even remotely feasible; but it's not and I don't care enough to harass some dude on Twitter to let me onto the team. Even though I added content to both Ash and Doctor's page back in the way, my edits are still up there, just so you know.

It's kind of hilarious how wrong you are. Before you come at my throat acting like god himself, make sure you're 100% accurate about the information you're spouting.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Vigo is most likely not the blight, as we know that Vigo was within the entity's realm in a sane state (Having a lab, capable of making tools and notes, etc). A more plausible explanation is that the entity is pulling timey-wimey ######### again and vigo was carrying on the research that the blight may have brought over, and thats assuming there is a connection. There's every chance Vigo simply discovered pustula himself and conducts research on it in case it could lead to an escape.