are real life people/historical figures a possibility for dbd?

Options

would it be possible, and would they be daring enough to potentially add controversial figures like a German leader who I won't say the name of?

Comments

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703
    Options

I think they said before that they weren't including real people, hence why clown isnt John Wayne Gacy.

Also I really dont think Kaiser Wilhelm III would make a good killer or survivor anyway.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,644
    Options

You dont want games to be political. Especially not with certain German Leaders who would attract a community you dont want in any game.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    Options

Angela Merkel would be a good fit as survivor.

Every time she loads in the campfire she says: WIR MACHEN DAS

Just kidding btw.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I could maybe see Jack the Ripper? I don’t think most actual historical serial killers would be popular in a game other than him.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,943
    Options

There would probably be an issue regarding whether BHVR would be glorifying or celebrating real life murderers. This would be a road to controversy they would most probably not survive.

I'm fine with using myths or urban legends such as La Llorona, Spring-heeled Jack, or The White Death. There would be plenty of scope with those and many more.

• Teethgrinder83
    Teethgrinder83 Member Posts: 99
    Options

Yep I think that's probably the reason as well as maybe some legal issues even if the killer is dead. I'm with you for using myths and urban legends-imagine a bigfoot dlc lol not sure what his powers would be though!

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

wouldn't mind lizzie borden

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

Nah.

The devs should remain opposed to ideas like these and continue coming up with their own, original (or community-made) ideas and licensed Killers/Survivors/Chapters.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    Options

The real question is, would the certain German leader be a survivor or a killer?

But speaking seriously, I think the "realest" character they could add would be Jack the Ripper. Would make for an interesting chapter