Should DBD have children killers?

Options
2»

Comments

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

I was saying that yes it true people get offended easier now a day but it not going to stop thing it may still happen thing is killer kids got the same problem as chucky they short now fix that,I mean with chucky they say he could use his voodoo powers but other then a voodoo doll use in the first movie and his ability teleport his soul into other bodies don't help with hooks.

I still say survivors are the children of the corn.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

how Corpse Party a Nintendo IP? it on steam and sony consoles....

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326
    Options

Why did you write this. Most of this post is dedicated to telling the history of a Freddy I obviously wasn't talking about because i mention a specific plot point in the remake. My whole point of bringing him up was just to talk about his black box add on. Makes it seems like you haven't seen either of the movies which just further confuses me on why you would bother trying to write a lecture on a character you know nothing about outside of a piece of trivia lol.

Also talking about the whole "snowflake generation" really did a number on me talking about how nowadays there are really thin boundaries, there are killer children in many properties and even further movies about children killers (since you're not a horror fan I'll just tell you in the Halloween remake Myers kills kid and not even the most pearl clutching of karens gave a #########) something that would have crossed the line in any other generation. You your self actually points out how Freddy was basically censored because people would have been offended and the Freddy isnt. It also highlights how edgy doesn't always = better, being edgy for the sake of being edgy is normally a sure way of being what many would call cringe, as in the case of New Freddy. Don't know why im bringing that up, weird

Show me movies or video games that have been censored this decade out of requirement or because they were afraid of offending audiences. I doubt you could find any in america but even if you could why don't you go ahead and compare it to any other generation.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

As long as they aren't survivors I'm fine

• Mysteriez
    Mysteriez Member Posts: 4
    Options

Children of the corn, Firestarter, Samara, Carrie, the kid from Sinister, and Chucky would make great additions to the game.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,578
    Options

Seems @JimPickens666 just wishes to imply stuff, make him or herself a legend and doesn't know me, do not presumre you do and no one cares for most of the nonsesne you said :) i am 32 my horror generation trumps a lot

• leatherfav88
    leatherfav88 Member Posts: 209
    Options

How about brightburn?

• NekoGamerX
    Options

I dropped the whole offended thing I didn't even bring it up I was agree with @Mushwin this generation has got a lot more snow flakey but you know why I could care less what offended people now a day because everything offended people.

your horror fan so I'm am but bring up Halloween remake that was crappiest remake I every seen rob zombie really messed that up but I also never liked any of his horror movies with tho 3 characters in it.

no remake have been as good as the original.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

That's a can of worms that doesn't need opened. A bunch of kids in a game with Freddy, the man who wasn't just killing them even in the original script? Yeah, there's bad taste, and then there's that.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326
    edited September 2020
    Options

.....Do you not know about Halloween 2018? Also IT was better than its orginal counterpart, so was the Thing off the top of my head

And you're middle aged, a perfect age actually because it was the last time where rock and roll, horror movies, and videos were still being called "of the devil" and censored seriously. What you people mean by "snow flakey" is that you can't just say slurs and it count as jokes. The proof that any form of censor would never come to pass again was in that moment that Trump attacked Video games like people have been doing for decades before and did not get a strong reaction. The last time there was really a push to censor anything it was under Bush and a lot of it had to do with 9/11. Even at that point people had already started not to care, by 2008 the culture war had been lost and the statue of happiness stood proudly over liberty city (look it up, something tells me elders will get a kick out of it). But once you go back into the 90s you'll see movies and video games censored frequently for the sake of not offending people.

You keep saying "Oh well this generation is still full of snowflakes!" but by history and facts we see that by your definition it was YOUR generation that was the snowflakes, and every generation before was only more flakey with more censorship over people being offended. This all matters because in reality the only man that could lead an attack on video games has already failed (Attacking Dead By Daylight specifically btw) at gathering support and probably has a few other things on his plate right now. Even if he didn't the I seriously doubt "killer kids" would be the thing to set him off since im pretty sure Silent Hill, Bioshock, fable and Dontae's inferno didn't even catch attention for that AND you actually kill the kids in some of those, spoilers.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,578
    Options

Sorry but I am British I don't care for trump etc, I don't think children killers should be in the game.

• NekoGamerX
    edited September 2020
    Options

yes I own the Halloween 2018 it not a remake it sequel to the 1979 movie they made it like all other sequel never happened yes I get it he does kill one kid in the movie I thought you talking about rob zombie movies which I hated.

sorry saying no remake were as good I was wrong the child play reboot was good and no matter what other say I like the latest carrie remake tho orginal still a classic.

I didn't see the new it or the thing tho.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703
    Options

I would disagree about no remake being as good as the original, I would say John Carpenter's The Thing is much better than the 1951 original.

• OllieHellhunter
    Options

I hadn't at the time but it seems like you were on about the 2011 semi sequel, semi remake. More than 1982 remake.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

Personally I am opposed to this, as I don't think it would be cool and fitting, to be honest, much like children Survivors, obviously. Besides, it would just be annoying to not be able to see the Killer because of their size.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

I never saw John Carpenter's The Thing but if John Carpenter did it must be good. mostly talking about the rob zombie halloween movie I hated them I mean I didn't like rob zombie original movies.

• Teethgrinder83
    Teethgrinder83 Member Posts: 99
    Options

Talking about Halloween and pumpkin patches and kids reminds me of that totally out of place 3rd Halloween movie (season of the witch) - it has no Myers and little connection to Halloween except the name lol if you haven't seen it you should just for the ######### and giggle factor lol

• OllieHellhunter
    Options

I like rob zombies original films myself however I do agree he really didnt fit Halloween stylistically at all.

• Khorzad
    Khorzad Member Posts: 143
    Options

I really don’t see a problem with children killers, like they are a thing in the horror genre and we have seen them all across different forms of media without any controversy, so don’t see why it should be a big deal here. I think the devs stated in a stream (don’t remember the exact quote) that there is the door open to children killers, but no kids survivors, (and all survivors are older than 21 years old), which I find more understandable.

The real issue is animation for like taking survivors to the hook, getting hit by pallets and stuff, but that could be solved with some supernatural powers like telekinesis, them transforming or something like that.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

what I didn't like about his rob zombies original films are there like rip off of chainsaw massacre which really didn't care for the chainsaw massacre film to much but they better then rob zombies original films also LF is iconic no matter what.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387
    Options
  • PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

I think the main issue is source material. Sure there are "childlike" iconic killers.....namely only really 1, that stick out enough to even be recognizable to a franchise. They could come up with their own midgets or dwarfs or whatever, but I don't think it would have the same punch as some of these licenses because to be quite frank.....the only reason people are scared of my buddy dolls is because they resemble Chucky which without said movie for context is not a horror character at all, and turns into some paragraph about a voodoo doll....

Then you have children of the corn, who are Iconic movie wise and the only one that sticks out for most people, but.....theres dozens of those kids outside of the 1 who's the main antagonist and more in line with the devil.....but what the hell would his normal ass even do? He's literally just a normal ass kid. (since the movie is technically a psy thriller).

Then you have the Exorcist and The Omen.......The Omen "MIGHT" work.....and thats extra emphasis on "MIGHT" work, but lore wise it would require the entity to be more powerful than the devil since both characters are directly tied to the king of demons.....and I'm not 100% sure the power levels match up tbh. And as far as the Exorcist goes.....what would be her signature attacks? Vomit?... we already have plague, on top of this the possessed person in the exorcist movies would be too powerful for a trial.

So yeah I dunno Trick R Treat isn't even a kid or human, Pet Cemetery kid runs around with a scalpel.....wow.....spooky....Firestarter has really cool powers, but her resolution in the movies is to be a good guy, Wicked Little Things might work but what makes those zombie kids powerful is the fact that theres more than 1 of them. They'd have to really reach to pull some of these characters up to the level to compete in DBD.

• Khorzad
    Khorzad Member Posts: 143
    Options

To be fair, besides Chucky, I was thinking more on a OC child killer, because with that, they have the freedom to give them any power. I remember reading a fan concept of a child killer in reddit that was interesting and I think Identity V has a child killer hunter as well.