T bagging-why?

Options

Obviously t bagging is a thing in many other games, not just here but I see it far more here than other games I've played and I just don't get the point of it. Is it to show disdain? Because its funny? To frustrate other players? Because t bagging has been a "thing" for so so long now I can't imagine it frustrates other players and surely it can't be funny still, so I guess that leaves me with showing contempt and personally I don't get that mindset since we all want to keep players playing dbd and not annoy them so much they end up leaving.

Think of this as a sort of cultural/sociological question, I'm genuinely intrigued with peoples answers lol

Comments

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

Bit harsh there but honestly you're not wrong. xD

I seriously hate tbaggers, flashlight clickers and other toxic types of players, but I'm going to confess here that if the Killer plays in a really absurdly annoying way, I also tbag and click with my flashlight. But I swear, I don't do it because I want to, it's because I also get tilted.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

It's such an unnecessary thing to do. I really don't understand. You know it's to annoy the killer but the thing is why? He pays the same money as you to play the game. Why be offensive to someone who you never have met before? It's not even funny when people do that. It's annoying.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

it's funny probably for the same reason why it might be funny watching someone slipping or gettin lightly hurt (make yourself the psychological explanations). As for the game, t bagging is "useful" to break focus, as well as flashlight clicking.

• Teethgrinder83
    Teethgrinder83 Member Posts: 99
    Options

Oh I didn't mean to come across harsh haha I just find it weird because everyone is so used to it now it's impact is neglible at best. I can get doing that to a killer who's playing unfair but I don't get why people do the clicky clicks and t bagging for no apparent reason

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,099
    Options

People tbag generally cause they're jerks. That's about it. People can make up all kinds of justifications for it about how they're trying to get under the killers skin to get them to play on tilt or that they're trying to get the killers attention to chase them but ultimately the base reason is they're mocking the killer.

But hey, Tbag away dude. Sure it's only a second maybe of you tbagging at the pallet or whatnot but that's an extra second that I don't have to make up anymore when I chase you down. All you've really done is made it so that I don't give you Hatch/Escape at the end of the game if I was feeling generous when the game started.

• Teethgrinder83
    Options

Yeah I understand they are trying to frustrate the other player I just didn't think it still bothers people. But that's why I started this thread and I'm finding out it does still frustrate people

• Teethgrinder83
    Options

But heres the thing, it doesn't annoy me and i sincerely presumed it didn't annoy most people till now. I mean I guess it annoys me like "urgh another one doing it" but that's about it. I totally agree with what you said about both paying the same etc...

• Teethgrinder83
    Options

Hmmm maybe I'm just old because the funness in tbagging for me has long gone πŸ˜‚ I see your point about breaking focus though, that's not something I'd thought about (although I'd thought about it with the flashlights), thanks

• Teethgrinder83
    Options

Well that's the conclusion I'd came to but I was really interested in what people had to say about it. Someone talked about it making the killer lose focus and I can sort of get on board with that but I generally think it's just people being jerks as you say. What is interesting though is just how ingrained it seems to be. But yeah, as a killer main I'll take that couple extra secs too lol

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

Trying to tilt the killer off. when you tilt you lose focus when you lose focus you lose games.

Its all about getting inside your head

• Teethgrinder83
    Options

Yeah I didn't think about that till I opened this thread-which is why I started it lol I guess though I was thinking more in times where its not going to effect gameplay-at the exit gates for example, i'm just surprised at the fact people still find it funny and it does still annoy people. I dunno, I've always wanted people to enjoy their games and not wanted to annoy others so I suppose there's been a little bit of naivety on my part insofar as how much certain people just want to be d***s for the sake of it-so long as people react to it (and I understand my post is reacting to it lol) then people will do it I guess is the take away from this thread

• Liddy
    Liddy Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2020
    Options

People who t-bag usually think they're better than they are.

It's actually kind of awkward seeing them t-bag and then go down the second after, lol.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    Options

That's why you need Ghostface, then you can t-bag them afterwards 🀣

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

One main reason I bought him. They T-bag me at a pallet, I T-Bag them on the floor. Karma repaid in full! 😁

• Teethgrinder83
    Options

Yeah it really is kinda awkward downing then a sec after lol

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

I love when people teabag at exit gate with 5 gens up and they lost hatch then they get all salty in your dms like they beat you πŸ˜‚

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

yea I got tbag at pallet down them started tbaging on them they dced.πŸ˜…

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

This thread doesn't need more explanations.

Just this, solves everything.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

Nah is not harsh is pure reality.

That's the same thing why I sometimes just play killer in a way to try to get salt and hate from survivors.

And I'm not ashamed to recognize that I do it for the same reason.

Sometimes I'm messed up? Yes, and I know it.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,943
    Options

Teabagging has been done so much up to now it's now an action empty of impact.

Anybody who's quick or temperment would be sucked in, but if anything a teabagger is ignored and caught at another juncture during the trial. One thing about certain teabaggers is that a small portion are good and want to antagonise a Killer into a chase so that the others can get gens done.

Oddly, there have been a select few who teabag during the game, but in chat are genuinely nice guys. They admit they do it as a tactic, rather than "beating his chest" as one guy put it.

But by now there's nothing that affects seasoned (and even newer) players, unles they're easily tilted.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Trying to get in the other players head

It is widely known as a mocking gesture so you will play differently when they do it, even if it's just on a subconcious level

And making the killer go after you when you know your in a strong position leads to the 5 minute genrush games

Trying to antagonise the opposition into making mistakes.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Lot of people still get tilted by it, so confident loopers do it to get attention.

I've never cared, you teabag and flashlight click all you want, you're wasting time. I will get you eventually.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942
    Options

Usually I only do it if it's a Pig or Ghostface, it's our form of communication.

I used to do it when I was a toxic survivor main but now I am hella nice no matter how #########/toxic my teammates or the killer is. I also learned, if you are nice 9/10 times the killer will let you go (especially if your teammates are scumbags.)

Or sometimes when the killer is chasing me and I am dead on, I will run to a hook and teabag under it.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641
    Options

It's still mind boggling that tapped crouch can bother people so much - are they graphically picturing male genitalia being lowered into their open mouths repeatedly? It never bothered me in Halo and to this day has never illicited an ounce of emotion from me because it IS absolutely NOTHING even visually (Ranks right up there with pointing at you to "taunt").

It's not like some magical psychologic attack from an MMO that gives aggro - people are going to be fragile themselves then try to attribute things like, "People who Tbag must be insecure, sad and lonely"... sure, if that makes your world go round then keep that thought process up I guess.

Flashlight clicking and Noise bubble explosion spamming (Iron Maiden Lockers, Window or Pallet Vaults) is mildly more annoying only because it can obscure something else you are trying to listen for like survivor breath or footstep noises but sort of in the same category of wasting their own time not doing generators or objectives. You get plenty of games where stupid survivor behavior will result in more hooks/kills for you - just keep improving and playing this "amusing esports ready" party game because bugs and hackers should be more aggravating than built in processes.

• Mysteriez
    Mysteriez Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2020
    Options

I rapidly teabag other survivors to thank them for heals or just to goof off. I never bag a killer because I just think it's silly. When I play killer I just laugh when I get tbagged at the exit gate.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    Options

I do that, too. Or when I'm in close proximity to another survivor I do a quick double crouch as a way to acknowledge them and say, 'Hello there!'

But I've also used a slow double crouch with head nodding to the Killer as a 'Thank you for the game/Hatch'.