"small pp build"

behave_pt
behave_pt Member Posts: 84
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

First I have no idea how this term came to be and why it only pertains to 2 perks. Also is it really a build if it is only half of your available perk slots? I must ask, if you don’t like these perks then what should I use in replace of them? What else do survivors have that can increase their chances of survival to the extent of ds and unbreakable? Oh right I can use borrowed time and adrenaline instead but I guess killers don’t like those perks either. Every strong survivor perk which is like only 6 killers complain about. You also must realize that as a rank 1 survivor you are only hurting yourself by not using these perks even though you may be able to escape without using the “meta” perks. Each of these perks in the situations they bail you out of can be the sole reason you survived. Escaping the trial is worth 5000 points, that is the most points rewarded for any action between both roles. I would love to try some random builds, but I must assume that the killer will not give me the luxury to do so. You think camaraderie will help me against being slugged? Do you think dark sense will prevent me from getting tunneled? Will Better Together help my teammate who is getting camped or tunneled? Meanwhile we just recently had some killer perks buffed I dont know why. Killers already had a better selection to choose from. The Devs need to buff these survivor perks to make them worthy of at least trying out.

I also had the idea of combining select perks as like a devotion reward. So, the way it works is one you reach a new level of devotion you get a menu to select 2 perks to combine. The available combinaitons are limited and exhaustion perks are excluded. Some examples are combining botany knowledge and self-care, Iron Will and Calm Spirit, Dance with Me and Quick & Quiet or Plunder’s Instinct and Ace in the Hole. It works in the devs favour assuming they plan on releasing new chapters every 3 months as they can make mediocre or average perks with the purpose of allowing you to combine them through playing. These perks can also have their own rarity like legendary. It also removes an extra perk slot and the frustration of getting these separate sub-par perks in the bloodweb forcing you to obtain them until they reached tier 3. In order to do this with teachables you would have to have them unlocked for all survivors. Even though I created this Idea around survivor perks killers can do the same too although with less options for obvious reasons. To be honest I always wanted Pop Goes the Wesel and Overcharge to be one perk, I’m not exactly sure how this will work for perks from licensed characters, but I hope it could one day be implemented.

edit: combining 2 perks and making them legendary will create a single perk that has the abilities of the 2 used to create it.

Post edited by behave_pt on

Comments

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

This is what you worry about on the game 🤣

• XXTheCh0senXX
    XXTheCh0senXX Member Posts: 23

In my opinion they should buff all bad killer and survivor perks and nerf all the "op" ones in order to level all perks to the same "effectiveness".

Meta perks will still be a thing, but underused perks would be more frequent and forcing totally different playstyles.

I get your point, but you have to agree that DS Unbreakable kinda of let people get unpunished by bad plays as Insidious let's a bubba get unpunished by bad play.

And to be honest, I believe everybody should exploit these kinds of OP combinations, as killers should be playing Stridor Spirits. This way it will be a huge problem that will have to be dealt with.

This is a game design flaw that allow a SWF to run this "small pp" build that has to be addressed.

P.S.: Please, use paragraphs to arrange your text, it's hard to read a wall of letters.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

I don't see the reason not to call it small pp build, they use 2 meta perks that combined are very strong and that shows little skill. Even I sometimes use this combination because it is OP and I admit that I disgust to use something that everyone uses because it is a very strong combination. So it seems to me correct that they call it that. I'd like to meet the player who mentioned it like this.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Who cares what people say it's a video game, don't not have fun or do something you feel like doing just because of the way people perceive it , I run meme builds or a hole builds all the time sometimes it gets me smacked and other times it helps but I have fun either way and that's all that matters to me

• RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

honestly rank 1 as survivor is super easy with some game knowledge... You can run it of course, no one has to play by any rules, but its just not true that they are needed.

Im Rank 1 survivor with a max of 80 hours on survivor. I only play survivor when I do challenges and I still win the majority of my games without DS.

My favorite Build:

Dance With me

Lightweight

Lithe

Quick and Quiet

You can run most killers for ages without any perks involved

I really dont get why people think meta perks are needed.

Guess its because DBD is a casual game and people refuse to get good (both sides tbh)

• XXTheCh0senXX

Meta perks are not needed in many many matches, specially for survivors.

Some killers are balanced around some perks: Try playing trapper without gen control perks and you'll see.

Some strong killers don't need meta perks too.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Killer main logic: if you dont turn the other cheek, you have a small pp.

Also 99% of killers: basement camp or proxi/semi camp, tunnel the first guy to death or if no obsession=tunnel everyone 1 by 1 (ez), mori everyone if anything is not to their liking, always slug for 4k and never ever let 4th survivor to have the hatch even if survivor was polite and didnt waste killer time hiding until EGC is over.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

"Each of these perks in the situations they bail you out of can be the sole reason you survived"

Yeah, that's why they're crutch perks

•  Antares2332

Lol, literally anything the killer does is wrong for you. I think you've forgotten that their objetive is to kill survivors.

• The_Krapper

It's because they want to have fun, that want to interact with the killer and not end the game in three minutes by holding m1 not doing anything else, those second chance perks give them the ability to have some fun and play more risky because like you said you can already win without them easy so why not throw them in the mix and get a few good laughs?

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

^This. The issue with this combo is it leaves the Killer with no Counterplay other than camping the slug and hence throwing the game. But even this has gotten harder, thanks to soul guard.

It´s kinda comparable to a skilled stridor spirit with an ebony, which is BS as well.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Someone else who runs dance with me and lightweight <3 I usually have one on, rarely together tho

• 28_stabs

I do ~not~ say its wrong. I say that survivors have plenty of reasons to run DS, BT, Unbreakable and other perks that (usually) 4k chasers hate. No, its ~you~ who forget it all or dont play the other side at all.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Because they want to tunnel with impunity. I'm not saying the combo isn't super strong. Or that DS doesn't need a look. But the majority of those who complain about the combo are simply mad they can't freely tunnel.

•  Antares2332

But all that you mentioned are valid strategies for the killer. Since there is Mori, there are also keys.

You also speak as if all the killers play like this and you are not noticing that they also create strategies to counter those perks. Do not generalize. Also, I play on both sides, so I think the game and the strategies on both sides are fine.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Look. if you want to bring DS+Unbreakable in a game it's ok. As long as you accept killers bringing ebony moris. That way everybody has it's second chances and broken combos :D

• VSchmitt

That's the thing. If you camp, probably gonna lose, as survivors with at least 2 brain cells will rush gens. If you slug, unbreakable (plus if you slug not necessarily the slugged will waste the unbreakable, he most likely will 99 himself and wait for somebody to pick him up, so he'll get ds+unbreakable in the next hook as well) and if he waste his unbreakable, he'll probably have soulguard so you can't even wait for the unbreakable plays anymore.

That build just states how overpowered are survivor's perks since it can be used by all the four (at least 2, all the games).

• behave_pt

Well... perks in general give you an advantage in some form or another. Also many meta survivor perks can be countered by killers. I never mentioned skill in my post because thats not the point. I can't use my 3,000 hours worth of experience to pick myself up from being slugged nor can I use it to get off the killers shoulders in the endgame collapse 30 seconds after my last hook. I also do agree and said that they need to make some changes to the way perks are now but I guess everyone ignored the second half of my post.

• VSchmitt

Yeah, but ebony moris ARE stupid (as keys and small pipi builds) and if the killer decide to use it on the first hook it's a 100% lost game to survivors. But hey, since the small pipi build is rising (almost all the games have at least one) so will ebony moris.

I myself don't mind unbreakable + DS as I play mostly as Oni, my snowball isn't hooks, is pressure, but a really good team (doesn't even need to be SWF, just competent survivors) can delete any pressure that I make in the map with this build.

And now, with cross-play, I'm not even playing Oni that much, since all I got from console survivors is gen rush (they don't care healing, even aginst Oni) and this kind of playstyle hurts every killer besides nurse and spirit.

• VSchmitt

The thing is, besides ebony moris or being pyramid head (wich is f. up, you should never be forced to play as a designated killer just to be able to do something about survivor's perks) there's nothing a killer can do to counter ds+unbreakable.

• 28_stabs
    edited August 2020
  • XXTheCh0senXX

I read it, I understood what you have written but I didn't understand the reason to do so.

What's the advantage of combining perks? Just getting the ones you want from the bloodweb faster? The main reason there is a limit of one perk per level of the bloodweb is that it takes a lot of playtime to get every single perk.

• behave_pt

I also want to say that I main Spirit and this week I played against a swf that all ran ds and head on, can't remember what the other perks were. I remember those too distinctly because I got ds'd 3 times and head on'd 2 times that match. Still got 4 kills and I dont use moris on Spirit because... well its Spirit. If I did it would be an absolute slaughter because a mori counters both ds and unbreakable as well as removing a survivor from the game early. At that point I hope someone finds a key or brought one because those cheeks are inevitably getting clapped.

• behave_pt

with the amount of content their releasing and the lack of objectives and interaction within the game there will only be more and more useless perks implemented int o the game. This will decrease the chances of someone getting the perks they desire and increase the tedious grind to do so. There is obviously a point and its touched on within my original post. There is no way you are telling me that if this were in the game you just wouldn't use it.

I dont think I made it clear but combining 2 perks and making them legendary will create a single perk that has the abilities of the 2 used to create it.

Also their isnt a limit of one perk per bloodweb. that is usually for levels 1-5 after that you then have the ability of getting 2-4 perks per bloodweb.

•  Antares2332

So if it's not wrong, I see no reason to complain. :^)

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

It's called like that because a content creator came up with the catch phrase, so it must be true.

Don't worry. The game is not called measuring pps by daylight. Play survivor or killer however you want, within the official rules, ofc.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

The name really bothers me tbh. Unnecessary BM.

• Bunnyraider
    Bunnyraider Member Posts: 4

This would be very nice. I've wanted this for ages. it would finally add more playstyles and ruin current meta's to enforce more builds to be seen. could be very exciting

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

if you run Unbreakable, DS, Soul Guard, u prob have a smol pp

hence the name

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

here's the question that must be answered what would be a big pp build? hmm.jpeg

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Killer can counter it by camping the slug - as if he wasn't going for the tunnel and camp in the first place anyway.

Or killer can grow a pair, get rid of the DS and not worry about it the rest of match. Survivor will be hell of a lot less brave after that as well.

If you cannot counter this combination or know how to get fresh hooks that it does not matter, you were fated to lose the match anyway.

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206

It is a build that gives you immunity for 60 seconds, without any skill required.

So yes, it will be called small pp because that is what it is.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

You don't get rewarded for using non-meta perks. The killer will still camp / tunnel you by sheer bad luck and survivors will still hooktrade you without borrowed time, both things you have no control over. So just pick those perks, it does not matter.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I would say a big pp build is something OP af like no mither, self care, inner strength and MoM.

• behave_pt

why would you commemorate somebody for using a build that gets them killed faster as opposed to one that gives them a better chance at survival? lets just say you are a god looper and can evade killers with nearly any build, would their pp fluctuate in size due only to the perks they select? lxl idk this whole thing is just funny to me. I personally dislike unbreakable more than ds because I slug as a tactic.

• The_Krapper

Didn't you know by now the people who call you out for the small pp are the ones with that issue, they have to find some way to relieve all that pressure and what better way than to take advice from a guy that looks like he came from oscar the grouch's house and then going out spewing that nonsense everywhere