The effect a MORI can have lol

The load out comes up on screen and the killers offering does not turn over (so probably Mori).

Game loads up and as soon as I am in, the 3 other survivors DC. (OH DEAR)

Had this happen a few times to me. One time killer felt sorry me but am guessing survivors making a stand against MORIs.

Have you guys had it where the other survivors have DC'd straight away thinking there was a MORI?

Comments

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

No most I've seen either DC on the loading screen or after being downed

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I'm on pc and Everytime someone plays a Mori a random will DC in the loading screen and I'll have to wait for it to finally load in to leave because I don't want a DC penalty, it's gotten pretty ridiculous lately to be honest

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

As far as I know penalties are off for the third time since they can't get the hacked penalties under control.

But this gives shroud offerings a purpose ;P

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

the difference is that there is no set penalty for using a mori.

And yeah, if I take mori, then I want an easier game with cool animations, I don't see anything wrong here though, I am not obliged to sweat every game.

Yet I don't insta DC when I get another [MLGPRO] squad with all kinds of overpowered and annoying bs, I play through the entire match with that and don't give up, while most mori complainers instantly press DC button when they see that the game isn't going to be easy.

• Justalittlepeeck

Noone wants to play against meta, but somehow everybody is running the meta :thinking:

• OllieHellhunter

I dislike playing against the meta, hence why I just play stuff I find fun. The closest I usually get to meta is running lullaby on doc the odd time, and Unbreakable in my build dedicated to being and getting slugged.

• fordragos
    fordragos Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2020

Lol I love how all the killers have their heads up their own behinds about mori and think it's even remotely comparable to keys.

Mori instantly put survivors at a severe disadvantage within the first minute of the match by taking out one out of 4 survivors. Theres literally no effort needed here on killer's part AT ALL.

Key at least needs a little more effort, first survivors have to do gens then maybe one or two of them have to die depending on gens remaining for hatch to appear in the first place. Then finding the hatch takes time too. Killer even tunnels the survivor with the key and killers are basically playing the match from START till FINISH compared to taking out one out of 4 players who only got to play the match for 40 seconds and causing the other 3 to be at a severe disadvantage by reducing their chances of escaping by 75%.

Seriously, I mean I'm a solo que survivor and as killer I've only seen few SWFs coordinate for the hatch and even then I did enough hooks, hits and chases for me to get a pip AND get a good amount of points. The Survivor who gets mori gets a depip because theres no way to outplay a mori unless you're an swf and even then it's difficult. Guess what? The system thinks you're a garbage survivor player because you couldnt outplay the mori and do enough to help the team AND you got only 3k bloodpoints for breathing......

In conclusion, killer mains that compare mori to keys are absolutely shameless.

• OllieHellhunter

Okay I just want to know how bad someones got to be to be downed, hooked, unhooked and downed again in the space of 40 seconds as you claim.

• aEONoHM
    aEONoHM Member Posts: 208

I will always dodge moris. They're complete bullshit.

• fordragos
    fordragos Member Posts: 20

Okay for your convenience, let's assume that he goes out in minute and 25 seconds, the second teammate gives said hooked person BT and even takes a hit for him but the killer KNOWS that now he can take the hooked person out of the match. The only thing that happened here is that it worked in the killer's favour since only 2 people are working on gens now. Add in the fact that it is the first few minutes of the game and people are not completely sure yet whether the offering was indeed a mori or not and what the killer is intending to do since as I mentioned it's still the beginning of the match.

Oh and btw, in solo que you will see plenty of teammates who get downed pretty quickly. Maybe it's a new concept for you but it's more common than you think in red and purple ranks.

This still dosent invalidate the fact that the survivor only played the match for an extremely low amount of time compared just because the killer wanted to 'have fun' or 'enjoy the view'

• OllieHellhunter

Couldn't the second teammate wait till the killer was further to go for the unhook? Giving more time for gens to be done and possibly working on one themselves while also increasing the chance the unhooked will get away further.

Also you've switched from them being out of the game in 40 seconds to the 1st chase being 85 seconds.

Yes I play solo queue and yes plenty can go down quickly but when i see 1st hook moris it usually happens when one of my teammates follows the killer to the hook and immediately unhooks.

When did I say it invalidated anything, I was wondering how terrible someone must have to be to be downed twice in 40 seconds.

Also I cant speak for anyone else but the only time I use a mori as killer is for daily rituals, not to have fun or enjoy the view as you put it.

And all this considered how does that put the other survivors at more of a disadvantage than the instant DC that the OP mentions, in this case the ones that DC play even less and put their teammates at more of a disadvantage.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

In my experience both as Killer and Survivor the main differences I see between Keys and Moris are a Killer using an Ebony almost always gets to use it to the fullest potential (killing 3 or 4 people with it) and the Solo Survivor bringing a Key gets to use it like 1 of every 5 matches, SWFs have a higher success with Keys for they know where it dropped and can coordinate finding the hatch. Also against a Mori the usual result is noone gets out or the last one found hatch or opened Exit Doors during EGC, against Keys is rare for the Killer to not get at least some kills.

On the topic, lately Ive never seen any match where there was an obvious Mori offering (if the offering doesnt flip and you start near another Survivor is a Mori 99% of times, especially in big maps) and noone dcd, I dont DC but I do suicide on hook, Moris against Solos are usually used to vent up frustration because last match the EVIL SWF were meanies and someone wants to avenge his pride, Im not anyone personal punching bag.

• Justalittlepeeck

at least I don't stoop to meaningless demagoguery which indeed proves that you are the one running out of points and trying to cover the lack of arguments.

Also, you seem to think that "tendency of killers play the certain way" isn't the same as tendency of survivors bringing in the same perks, which is incorrect since this is just different manifestations of meta which people seem to despise.

You are not allowed to complain about meta if you run it, unless you admit to be a hypocrite. It's pretty simple. I personally play meta on both killer and survivor and don't complain about neither of these.

• DerFan
    DerFan Member Posts: 42

i make it short:

playing a mori means that you are bad as killer.

also, in most matches with a mori, the killer just tunnels one person off the hook so i can understand why ppl want to have fun and dodge it.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I personally dont play meta on survivor.

And I don't use Moris as a killer. Like you stated earlier, it just makes the game ez.

My point has always been moris are ez mode that many don't want to play against. You have already stated that they make for an ez game, so you yourself support my point.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

Countering a mori requires strategy. Unhook only when the killer is far away, heal up the moriable player, the rest of the team takes body blocks to protect the moriable if needed. Then split up and do gens.

Keys and moris shouldn't be compared. Moris allow you to remove a player or players from the trial early. While keys let open up another avenue of escape once other conditions are met.

But lets also not forget that you can find a key in a chest, you can bring add-ons to keep your key on death, and if you escape a trial with a key in your hands you keep it.

So the real question is: What should a Mori do?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Keys don't hold a candle to moris. A key would be like repairing only 2.5 of all the gens and being able to open the gates.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

Is mori fun to play against? No, but I'm not going to NOPE out and DC over it. Killers who bring a mori aren't always looking to make your life miserable. It's a daily challenge as well as Rift. I'm not going to begrudge someone using it for those reasons.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Moris should work like devour hope. You get 5 hooks, you can Mori whoever you want. Also, if 4 gens get done. That way survivors are at least given some time in a trial. (Well, usually. Had a Hag match yesterday where I got caught after finishing the first Gen. Then my teammate got hooked. Then the person going to save them got hooked, and the person coming for me was grabbed as they tried to save me. That wasn't fun.)

Keys on the other hand should have the hatch spawn one gen later. Meaning it can't spawn until at least 4 gens are done (if two survivors are left), and that means no 3-man escape during a 3-gen.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Moris should only work after hooking everyone at least once because right now you may aswell let people die on their first hook because 99,9% of players that are using a mori will immediatly tunnel and mori the first person they managed to hook.

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193

See it alot - either they DC before it loads, when they are about to be mori'd or they kill themselves on the first hook to prevent the killer getting the mori. Thing is, if the killer is going to camp the hook then tunnel the unhooked player just to down them for a mori, survivors think it's not worth playing and just give up - these are horrible matches to be in.

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206

If a survivor brings a key and the killer responds with a mori.

Then it's the survivor whom is pathetic.

• Justalittlepeeck

Using strong stuff doesn't mean someone is bad. That means they are using strong stuff.

However if they are losing with strong stuff, then yeah, they are indeed bad.

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206

That's the point.

They both reduce the length of the game, which is unfair considering a key can be found in a trial, whereas a mori cannot.

• xEzekanarioX
    xEzekanarioX Member Posts: 378

I dont want any challenge this match as survivor so i will go with unbreakable, ds, soul guard and adrenaline. I want to have godmode in every match with no limits, since they are perks.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

I'm going to disagree with a requirement to hook all survivors in a trial. Locating a super immersed survivor can be a hassle. I've had killer games where I never saw the 4th survivor just because they chose to live in a locker or a bush.

Perhaps a hook number requirement would be a better compromise. Such as 4 hook states. But I would count Dc's and hook suicides against that number. Survivor Dcs, that eats up 3 hook states.

• JLew
    JLew Member Posts: 160

Ya....its 4v1....anyone can bring whatever they want....i think everyone just expects to escape every single game...or on killer side to have a 4k every single game...just doesnt work that way

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

at least the OP's 'teammates' had the decency to wait till the map loaded...

As for moris:

It's messy, but truth be told:

We see it with PH: PH has to do something special to 'unlock' a mori, something that can be avoided by survivors.

This is a concept that could work, but how to do this fairly? For both killers and survivors? Like, that concept would run danger of having the same issues as the iri offerings, where some are overpowered while others are useless.

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208

I do sort of laugh when Survivors DC and it's just a shroud of separation, though that leaves the others at a disadvantage so I feel obligated to at least help them out a bit

• Clevite

I still wouldn't compare keys as strong as an ebony.

But at least you brought a counter argument in defense of bringing a mori that I can understand.

I still prefer to just tunnel key holder tho, more points that way.

• Clevite

My feelings on DS are the same as NOED. It gives unfair advantage for failure.

Although I believe your argument is what many on the forums refer to as whataboutism.

The debate is really how Mori makes the game ez mode.

And IMHO once you bring one you lost the right to complain about other OP stuff in the game.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

if you dc on loading screen you arent affected by dc penalty

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Well I didn't know that I just assumed once the offerings burned anything after that was considered a DC

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Problem with that idea is,that now survivors could be moried that haven't even been hooked before.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    edited September 2020

To most Survivors, an Ebony Mori is the killer saying they just want a short game where they win. It has the bonus negative of almost ensuring a derank for the entire Survivor team, and no BP. I don't mind the yellow and green ones as much because they only hit one target. It gives the rest of the team room to still make plays. I also understand that Moris are often part of objectives, so in that regard I don't blame Killers using them for rituals or the tomes. That said, I just wish Ebonys weren't in the game, or were retooled to work as a replacement for death hook.

I often tell people that want Survivors to be overly buffed "It's a cat and mouse game. If you give the mouse a gun or remove the cats fangs and claws, you don't really have that chase mechanic anymore." In this case, an Ebony Mori is handing the cat a grenade launcher. There is no series of cat-and-mouse chases. There is no big brain plays. Just tunnel someone onto hook, tunnel them off hook, collect the kill, repeat. It reduces the match to little more than 2-3 minutes of nothing. I LOVE when Killers are decent and give good chases or use big brain plays to dominate a match. Moris rob the Killer and myself of that.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I mean 90% of the time, DCing against a Mori will give the same result as everyone playing the match out so I don't blame them for doing it. If you wanna get out the match faster... not worth staying around for a useless amount of BPs.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I rarely play against mori's cause someone usually dashboards in the offering screen

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642
    edited September 2020

How does a key shorten the length of the match when if all survivors are still alive you still need all gens before hatch will spawn? That to me means the match lasted just as long.

If a mori is in play the killer can hook then tunnel kill and repeat this is normally how it goes and the killer will normally tunnel to get the kill as well. No killer wants to bring in a ebony mori and not use it.

I am not saying Keys are not strong but the level in strength when comparing the two are much different. The Ebony mori can clear a game fast where a key in order to work EVEN IF FOUND IN GAME needs as many gens as people alive plus 1 more. Then you need to find the hatch which can be a pain in the butt.

The ONLY real reason killers get mad keys can be found in game is because then you cannot tunnel the player from the start like most killers will do. If they see a survivor bringing a key 9 out of 10 chances they are going for them first.

Survivors do not get any warning and honestly no real way to counter a mori besides just not getting hooked. The killer gets a few chances to counter a key user UNLESS that rare key spawn in a chest and then oh no a survivor got away damn this game is survivor sided. I mean I know the survivor did 4 gens and managed to find the hatch without me finding them once but yeah this game is survivor sided. lol

I would suggest to make it fair then to make using ebony moris on the same level as using keys. It takes so many gens to make a key work then maybe it should take so many hooks before the Mori can be used.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

if people understand this more(stop thinking just them selfs) the game would be a lot more fun on both sides.