The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Your first day impressions on the patch pls

Medkits are PINK AND ALMOST SCREAM KILL ME PLS

killers have a SUPER LOW red stain its hard to dead hard without looking your back now, before if the red stain was in your back he could hit you.

generators sound are TOO HIGH like i can find my teammates on gens pretty far from its location idk if the sound bubble got bigger.

As killer the grass should get transparent in contact of your hitbox low killers cant see

Super powerfull loops that you cant mindgame just break the wall and then the pallet.

(console player, didnt had lag but i didnt played a lot of matches in a row)

Comments

• Fyrenice78
    Fyrenice78 Member Posts: 1

I have loved this game for the last 3 years. After today's update...... I honestly am not sure if I will be playing this game anymore. It's always had quite a few bugs, but I could get over that. Today they have made the game play so much more in favor of the killer that I honestly can say what is the point of playing survivor. I am a survivor main, and play killer rarely. So, if you enjoy playing killer this game would be great for you, because it is definitely over powered in your favor.  

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Quick thoughts:

• Blight is fun. I'm terrible but that's my fault, not his.
    • For whatever reason I was getting really bad jitters or frame rate issues tonight and I've never had that before, and I run the game on Ultra on 4k. I had to turn it down to High or Medium and stop using Shadowborn to make it more playable and I still had some problems.
  • Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

its been pretty decent

survivors still really fun and i love felixs perks (except Visionary), his skins are cute too

i like Blight but theres a bug that makes it so you just cant perform certain actions at all. cant hook, cant kick pallets, cant vault windows. its really infuriating so im not playing killer until its fixed

overall: the chapter is cool, one of my favorites in a while, but the bugs have made the game literally unplayable

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

The updated Badham map is nicer, but it's really dark and hard to see when I played with Freddy. Half the time I couldn't see where the survivor ran off to after I hit them.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I don't like the medkits brightness. I'm all for nerfing stealth, but they pop so much I'm surprised there's not a notification bubble. I can see them from miles away.

Other than that, I think it's pretty cool. Killers decent, the map redesigns seem okay and look real pretty. Perks are cool.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I played several games as survivor. First impression on Blight he has no terror radius. But then I realised it's a bug and any killer has no heartbeat sound.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    • I am having a really really hard time with blight, he is possibly nurse levels of difficult
    • The new badham is absolutely atrocious, I hate it.
    • The new yamaoka is also bad but not as bad as badham
    • Felix perks are not that bad
    • There are bugs everywhere
  • konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I've been loving the new killer, haven't played the new survivor or his perks yet. My build that I've been using has been undying, haunted ground, noed, and bbq. I wouldn't say it's a good build for him, but it's nice to get some insta-downs through out the match and if you can get undying + NOED end game, that totem isn't going anywhere.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

What are you even talking about? This game has been massively survivor favoured. With the list of SWF, crutch perks and god loops at your side. Play killer at high ranks FFS before you come to an opinion.

If the Devs are trying to make killer side easier then they are on the right track. It weeds out survivors who get carried and make a lot of weaker killers a bit more viable.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I got my Adept Felix and Adept Blight within 2 games, which generally means the killer and survivor are good for casual play.

I'm going to miss the old gens and chests and maps that are gone, but I get it. Everything constantly has to be looking prettier. People like a fresh coat of paint.

I've never been good at hearing things so my head has always been on a swivel or I'm running something like Stake Out or Diversion, but you can tell something's wonky with the killer terror radius. I've been making jokes about the 420 patch being full of people that aren't paying attention and zoning out.

Overall it's pretty spiffy. I'm not having any lag or anything like some are having though.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Surveillance was murdered. Why? Nobody knows. Now it pretty much needs another perk to help it out.

Console optimization seems to have gotten worse with this update (which brought in a couple of really bad bugs for some reason).

That DS stun timer change that was planned after the Enduring change but it never happened? Looks like the game did that on its own.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I like the blight but there is only 1 thing I personally dislike which is no flick at all, I'm just trying to get the adept.

Map wise, I dislike that sanctum of wrath is basically a big deadzone, I saw around 4 pallets on one side and didn't went to the other (protecting a 3 gen just in case).

Oh also the new bugs, the one in badham, if you go through the house of pain on the side, there is a chance you will get stuck as the killer (not sure about survivor) I went twice, I got stuck twice.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Yeah Blight will have a learning curve, but he’s not awful like everyone freaked out about. Badham is awful. Yamoaka looks weird. Bugs are crazy.

As killer, unless you are perfectly lined up with a hook, you can’t hook (animation starts, then stops). Bloodlust is awful. If they’re keeping that effect just turn off bloodlust. On console it’s just a free escape for the survivor, because FPS drops right when it procs, then you get this weird tunnel vision...I don’t get the point of it.

This game really is turning into a hot mess. I’d love some working sound again, it who knows, that’ll probably delete something

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Give the blight more turning in his attack and all will be square

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487

My first day impressions?

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338

First impression: Unplayable on Win7

• brother_dude
    brother_dude Member Posts: 9

The heartbeat sound no longer plays in the killers terror radius, that isn’t in the patch notes 😕

• HatchIsMyMercy
    HatchIsMyMercy Member Posts: 219

My only problem so far is how much the sound is bugged, and unhooking people is also bugged, they will be able to move after 2 seconds of me after unhooking them, but I've only played 4 games so far, but I can tell that there are soooooooo many bugs

• HatchIsMyMercy
    HatchIsMyMercy Member Posts: 219
    edited September 2020

Yes they really need to fix this game, but one positive thing is the graphics update, I really like it (except for medkits). They made the game look nicer and more polished, but they need to fix the many bugs that come with it. Also the new hatch spawn offering needs to be removed, there is no reason to have it and it just buffs keys

• Avarice
    Avarice Member Posts: 65

I played the game and found lots of rubber banding as killer. closed the game and decided to buy the new chapter through the steam store, and now the game won't run because owning the new DLC gets flagged by easy AntiCheat.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

FPS is MUCH better on my Xbox and the game looks a lot better! Very happy with this patch. 🙂

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Game seems to run better. Still has some frame rate drops at bad moments (Skill checks particularly), but when I played killer it felt as good as it did before Crossplay came around.

Also the DS nerf will probably be fixed very quickly, though it'd be funny if it took them a week to fix it and interesting to see how that tournament goes with DS nerfed into the ground.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Blight is very weak, but that's less my problem with him. He's unoriginal and boring.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

The content is fantastic, first good chapter since Oni.

The bugs are ofc terrible, but the worst is the FPS issues - I get micro/macrostutters rendering my game virtually unplayable sometimes

also making flashlights not work for no reason after everyone said this was ######### in the PTB was an awful change. They were perfect beforehand