Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

An easy way to make the DS change not a buff

So I see a lot of people talking about the new DS change and how it will be a buff, and the simplest fix would be: DS doesn't work when exit gates are powered. Right now that change would be unnecessary but after the change it would be very much necessary.

Comments

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250

Neat idea. Simple and straightforward.

+1 for dropping their rock when they hear the last generator powered. ;p

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

I came up with a similar but more complex idea a couple of weeks ago
    The skill check size will be the way it was in the PTB, but only when 0 generators are complete. For every generator complete, about 13% of the skill check gets removed. when all 5 generators are powered, there is only about 35% of the huge skill check left. A very important thing, however: Only the end portion of the skill check stays. After this change, when the gates are open the survivor can possibly still get out, but the killer also has hope because he can do extra long dribbles without the chance of a survivor getting an early skill check and escaping.
    This change will also stop SWF on comms from being able to get the last gen at 99%, and wait until the downed survivor has been picked up to pop the gen.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

+1 Fixes every problem I had with the rework to DS.

• 51uk4y
    51uk4y Member Posts: 34

I came up with a similar but more complex idea a couple of weeks ago
    The skill check size will be the way it was in the PTB, but only when 0 generators are complete. For every generator complete, about 13% of the skill check gets removed. when all 5 generators are powered, there is only about 35% of the huge skill check left. A very important thing, however: Only the end portion of the skill check stays. After this change, when the gates are open the survivor can possibly still get out, but the killer also has hope because he can do extra long dribbles without the chance of a survivor getting an early skill check and escaping.
    This change will also stop SWF on comms from being able to get the last gen at 99%, and wait until the downed survivor has been picked up to pop the gen.

But the skillcheck was not supposed to be a skillcheck. The devs intended it to be a button but just hadn't made that yet when they showed us the change. 
  • Vampire
    Vampire Member Posts: 90

It would be nice! DS should have its pros and cons, saving it tell the end for a free escape isn't fun for the killer... and having it happen multiple times will kill any enjoyment. This change would force survivors to plan and think 'should I use it now? or wait and see?" and plan instead of 'This is my first hook, I'll just save it tell the end;

• FallenRanger0
    FallenRanger0 Member Posts: 26

Why not just make it only able to be used if the survivor hasn't been hooked, along with the new change? That way, if they haven't been caught the whole match, sure free escape at the end, but if they got caught early they either don't use DS at all, or risk being injured the whole game.

• Urgaan
    Urgaan Member Posts: 10
    This would be great! Would make DS a lot more balanced
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited May 2018

Queen said in another thread that the DS changes previously proposed did not go through, so they will be looking at a different way.

THANKFULLY

http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/179/#Comment_179

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

My idea about DS was pretty simple :
    Get the original skillcheck back.
    Make the skillcheck harder for non-obsession.
    Using DS gets you in a state where you cannot be healed.
    Everytime you let the skillcheck "to go" without using it, the next skillcheck will be harder to hit. Make this extra hard for non-obsessions.

Basically, the skillcheck would be somewhat decently easy on the first pick-up, but would become harder and harder as the game goes on if you want to keep it for the lategame. So you'd have to make the choice of either getting away and be wounded for the rest of the round, or keep it for when it could actively save your life, but risk to miss it due to its actual difficulty.

That's it.

This discussion has been closed.