FPS DROPS and stutter anyone?

Options

I cant play right now bc its dropping fps every 10 seconds and my screen is stuck in this time. Do you have this problem too?

Any way to fix this?

I am on PC

Comments

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

I am having this issue on badham

• Lazor
    Lazor Member Posts: 17
    Options

Same here, it only happened after the update today.

• Lazor
    Options

Thanks mandy. Pls let us know if the team needs more informations about the issue like our specs. Just played the game fine before the update and now its unplayable :(

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 551
    Options

Actually I asked some of my friends and everone who had the problem has a nvidia graphics card and amd processor. Idk if this helps :)

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I’ve gone from 120 fps before the update, to about 80 now post-patch. Not game breaking or anything but there’s been a noticeable drop in performance for me as well.

• LowSpecGamersMatter
    LowSpecGamersMatter Member Posts: 485
    Options

One side question: How can I disable AA in this patch? It seems like the old method doesnt work anymore?

• WinWIn63
    WinWIn63 Member Posts: 23
    Options

yes, its happening after the new update!

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

My FPS usually drop on any indoor map and Ormond. Idk why those maps are problematic, every other map works fine for me.

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    edited July 2020
    Options

Having the same issues on PS4, low frame rate on all maps. @MandyTalk any update please?

• Lazor
    Options

Not many reports about this issue guys. Im scared that we will be left behind or need to wait 6 months for a fix :(

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    Options

We have been waiting years for the console optimization which the devs promised, they have swept it under the rug...

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413
    Options

Came here for the same reason. Game stutters like clockwork every 15 to 20 seconds. I completely disabled the Steam overlay which helps but doesn't fix it completely. When I was running it to monitor FPS it would go from 62 (Assuming this is a 60 FPS cap throttle) to 25 or 30 for a second, which is enough to fail skill checks, get hit, miss swings, etc.

I7 3770K Win 7 Ultimate x64

1070 TI 8 GB

32 GB DDR3

Game on SSD, with a 32 GB pagefile.

• Achenar459
    Achenar459 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm getting a single video stutter with FPS drop every ~9 seconds.

Windows 10

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz

nVidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER with latest drivers

This is SUPER annoying. Any ideas on how to fix?

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Have had this issue real bad since they updated the tick rate. It's seriously out of control

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415
    Options

No they didnt, they just disguised the optimization for consoles as a new dbd chapter designed to just lower everybody elses fps to match consoles.

Bam! Optimization completed!

Lol im enjoying reading all the comments from pc players complaining about their fps.

Everybody kept saying ahh its not that bad ect ect and now the pc players actually realize we werent just blowing smoke and it does effect the game majorly.

Enjoy the new dbd.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

No fps drop for me but sometimes stutter, first time something like that happens to me.

• DebAsteR
    DebAsteR Member Posts: 13
    Options

Yea, for sure bud. I'm getting this same problem. My fps drops to 50 to 15 & the cpu usage is beyond 50%. It always stays at 94%. How can you suppose to press a normal skill check when you have this horrible kind of problem.

• nytkim
    nytkim Member Posts: 102
    Options

I'm not getting this, but pallet breaking and survivor wiggling looks like 10 fps animations

• MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124
    Options

I played on PC most the day and PS4 Pro tonight and both platforms were very smooth. I didn't notice any frame drops, even on the new maps with lots of fog. I have a high end PC, so my machine can easily handle this game.

However, on Xbox One X, which should perform better than the Pro, I noticed a ton of stuttering and frame drops. It is very noticeable.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

I was getting stutters when I first started playing. After 3-4 matches, the stutters went away luckily. (PC)

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    Options

I am getting tons of stutter from this game's recent update patch.

I am also getting killers that seam to be cheating and maybe they aren't. - The problem with Crossplay and cross platform is; If the killer is from another network that is different than the players they are facing off. It is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. Because nobody wants to be struck or hit by someone that actually wasn't behind them on screen.

• myers_obsession
    edited September 2020
    Options

I must say, that its even worse than before after this update. I had perfect 60 fps on the standard maps like macmillan. Now it drops from time to time.

gtx 1070 8gb, ryzen 5 1600x, 32 gb ram, win 10.

Happens against every player.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

I'm on PC and my game seems even smoother than before.

Maybe we can post some specs/Windows version/who you were matched against? (Like, cross-platform, same platform, etc)

I've got a 1080 Ti, 64 GB of RAM, game's on an nVME SSD, and a 3900x, on the most recent version of Windows 10.

Might help to establish a pattern of who is getting performance losses.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

Freddy always caused me to stutter, but since the update, its been far worse.

I will randomly, but not too terribly often, stutter at the start of the game

Opening chests causes me to stutter sometimes.

• bigfootismydad
    bigfootismydad Member Posts: 86
    Options

Got the dlc and updated to the new version today. According to the Steam overlay, my framerate has tanked to 1 fps while in the main menu.

32gb ram

Nvidia gtx 1080 8gb graphics card

Windows 10 pro

I sent in a ticket. Haven't heard back yet, but hopefully they can sort it out soon.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

Stuttering is unbearable when playing the blight on Hawkins. EVERY time you use the power, there are huge stutters after hitting a wall. (PS4)

• TF_Ryuu
    TF_Ryuu Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2020
    Options

I have hard Frame Rate drop after the new patch, first of it i go for 45/50fps for every maps (LOW Resolution 0%), right now in all maps i have for 16/29fps (LOW Resolution 0%). It's impossible to play.

Pc spec:

Intel Core I7 5500u 2,4 GHz, cache da 4 MB, 2 core

16gb Ram DDR3L 1600 Mhz

Nvidia GeForce 840m 4gb

1 SSD 240gb + 1 hdd 1tb

Ethernet 200mb Download, 20mb Upload

Windows 10 Home 64bit v1909 Build:18363.10.16

• Fattyclown
    Fattyclown Member Posts: 73
    Options

Welcome to the console club, nice to meet you lol

The fps are more trash than ever after this update. No terror radius, i can't hook survivors, i can't unhook survivors, massive frames drop, laggy games, DS is bugged, Pallets are bugged

Hurray!

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475
    Options

I'm on Xbox one S (a model probably under PC) and I don't have any FPS problems... except in the asylum, that's old ! So don't expect a change.🤗

• pepperoninipples
    pepperoninipples Member Posts: 90
    Options

Im not having frame issues, more of a sync issue. Seeing line scrolls going up on screens. Some times the audio cuts out. Start happening with up date.

Ryzen 7 3700x

Nvidia 1060ti

16gb ddr4 win 10

• TF_Ryuu
    TF_Ryuu Member Posts: 76
    Options

New record Silent Hill = 5 fps. I fix the issuse

• LaMeR
    LaMeR Member Posts: 47
    Options

Literally unplayable on me : Freezing, stuttering and microlag every second,especially when i'm close to the other players ( kilelrs os survivors ) it start lag badly and it freeeze for some seconds.

Wtf happened?

• myers_obsession
    Options

Does the Game run smoother after the mini patch for anyone too? I had a full match 60 fps on ultra

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

I gotta repost this here because I think it's relevant:

I think there's some (more) memory leaks or some other things like processes never getting disabled, because I've found that framerate gets worse and worse the more games I play.

For example, this was Yamaoka with the Blight. In certain loops the framerate was the worst thing I have ever experienced

I mean, the worst until I played this game as Myers (and trust me, watch it until the end):

after the Myers game I decided to restart the game and I played with the Huntress - fps seemed much, much better! I don't even know if and how to report this issue though, at this point.

This is all on PS4

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options
  • Coldhockeyboy20
    Options

Try turning off auto adjust, worked for me

• moimv
    moimv Member Posts: 12
    Options

I get this specially at the start of the game, i have never experienced this and every game I played after the last update stutter a bit and is kind of bad.