I’m struggling to understand the point of Blight.

I’m yet to understand what advantages (if any) choosing Blight over Nurse, Billy, Spirit, or Oni would be?

Other than an early pallet drop...

Comments

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited September 2020

I guess the devs tried to make a killer that countered M1 gameplay, but he isnt even good at that because his flick when lunging is so atrocious you can not hit anyone unless they keep running in a straight or catch them completely by surprise.

Post edited by Todgeweiht on
  • Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    edited September 2020

He has high map mobility. And you can hit people with his ability. It seems to be more about prediction though. And he gets people outpositioned. You can use his ability in certain tiles as well. I've found some good ones but I feel it'll evolve as time goes on. You can even use his ability for killer shack but you need to be precise. The addon that helps you directly look at survivor after slam should help there.

Edit: There are some creative stuffs you can do with him. Like launching yourself on TOP of a loop/pallet. Takes time and only works on some locations (like pig). But he isn't as good as oni for example. It's just whatever you prefer.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

The idea seems to be to catch up and get a hit in between tiles. That said idk why i wouldnt just pick legion or billy

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

That would be true if a simple 360 didn't counter him.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited September 2020

I can just use Clown and stop them from ever reaching the next tile.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

Why does their need to be an advantage over a different killer?

Just play them because they're different. Play because they're fun.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Because all the hold-W players out there can just go die. Or, rather, I can kill you. No other killer can boast that except Spirit, and maybe Huntress, and I don't find either of them particularly rewarding (Spirit's too strong for my taste, Huntress really isn't my style even though I find her fun to play on occasion.)

Plus, he's just super fun. I like being the chaotic pinball. No-one ever knows what I'm about to do, me included.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

He can traverse the map and you can't just run him around as easily by waiting until the last second to start looping from just running straight.

thats it and if he had a better lethal lunge i would say he could do that well but he doesn't because the devs are too scared to make him be able to reliably do the thing he was designed to do.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I don't know, but he is fun as hell to play and that's all that matters to me.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

He is kinda fun to play as but a literal migraine to learn and master him. I've heard some people say he's better than demo at times, I am doubtful because demo can do a lot more than blight can do, and a lot easier to control. But we'll see, I did try to not use his power in chases and instead use it only for traversing around the map, and found it quite successful but if that's it then there are a lot better choices, like Demo, Oni, HillBilly, Nurse, and if his power attack only causes the survivor to take a normal injury, than I'll say he's a bit overrated like he and legion are close to the same in tier wise. But we'll see