Pretending to let a dying survivor get hatch is the same as T bagging at exit gates.

I main killer, but I dabble in survivor as well. I know both sides enough to know it isn't fun to get t bagged at an exit gate by survivors, especially if you got rolled the entire game. Flipside being, killers, don't be a toxic gamer and let a survivor crawl towards the hatch, making it clear that you'll let them have it, only to close it in their face, or carrying the last survivor around the map so you can find hatch, drop them, close hatch, and hook them.

Lots of killers didn't want the last survivor to have struggle state because it was a waste of time? Well, pot calling the kettle black, you're going to waste a survivors time by carrying them around so YOU can close hatch.

Going off topic there, all I'm saying is please don't be that person and choose to offer false hope to a survivor just because you want to be a prick. Same as I would hope any survivor players who care about the community to not tbag and bm killers.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

That is a good equivalent I suppose

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

I do that if i know for sure the survivor dont have a key. I get t bag enough in ormond and red forest i can probably do that another 60000000 time and i still had BM less than any survivor in this game if they stop BM right now

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

Only time I ever closed hatch in someone's face was for the points, and I still let them get the door

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

Actually, there are rift challenges that encourage pretending to give the survivor the hatch and then close it in their face, just so you can hook them afterwards.

These challenges are "Sacrifice x number of survivors during end game collaspe" and "Close the hatch x number of times".

I'm going to be honest when I had those challenges active, I carried a lot of survivors to the hatch just to close it in their face. Although, I would always apologize and explain my actions after the game.

• Nutty_Professor
  • MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

It doesn't encourage it, but it's one of these quests that almost call for it.

Like the 'kill all survivors in a match' challenge. lbr, how many of us do those with noed and ebony mori in tow?

If a challenge that doesn't really reward anything calls for being a douchebag, it's badly designed.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

Gotta say, never done any of this nonsense. Just end the game and move on to the next one. Stop wasting time trying to be annoying. You're not 5.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

Oh that flexing ;)

For the kill in EGC you could run an end game build, which gives you the potential to get more than one kill towards the challenge. For hatch close challenge, it's sure easier to kill them before end game, yeah.

• Nutty_Professor

Not really flexing, but I rather just play normally then playing and get the challenges as I go. Playing around the rift challenges like I have to do for survivor can get really frustrating

I rather be somewhat toxic to the last survivor and apologize afterwards, then put myself through unnecessary stress due to me trying play around the rift challenges.

• CaulDrohn

I do "Kill all" challenge without any precautions. It's not so difficult to get a 4k if you play killer somewhat regularly. Sure there are lobbies with highly optimal survivors where you won't get it, but there are also trials with rather uncoordinated potatoe teams not getting anything done, esp. with crossplay lobbies. There's really no need to use a mori, imo, and noed rarely swings the match for you when you weren't already winning. All in all, neither of the mentioned challenge "call for being a douchebag" for me, it's the players who play it in a douchy / toxic way. We had some really stupid challenges in prior rifts, but the challenges in the current one where all perfectly fine so far.

• CaulDrohn

I really like selecting a challenge and composing an idea / build around it, it brings variety. E.g. the challenge for hooking the obsession made me discover the Nemesis+Furtive Chase+Make your choice combo, really nasty if you get it going (you gotta be fast with your first down, since you have no gen control perks). I like to play that on Freddy or Doc, since they have tools to end the chase of the exposed rescuer earlier.

For the hatch close challenge, it's pretty normal "slug for 4k" or atleast "slug for hatch", so that wouldn't be "playing around the challenge". Did you taunt them by letting them crawl to the hatch and close it in the last second, or just drop them near hatch to close it and then hook? Bc the first is rude and unnecessary (I only do this with toxic fellas), where the second is perfectly fine, imo.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Not everyone plays regularly etc, keep that in mind. to go and say '4k ez'...

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Or you could not go to the gates for the free tea. They eventually have to leave.

And just crawl away from the hatch. If they want you to have it they will drop you on top of it.

• Nutty_Professor
    edited September 2020

I just dropped them at the hatch and closed it, and hooked them. Like I said I didn't like doing it, and I would always apologize and explain why I did it after the match.

EDIT: I'm actually a fair killer most of the time, unless you're playing as a Nea. I don't go out my way to play fair against Nea's.

• CaulDrohn

I'm not saying 4k is ez. I'm saying 4k will come eventually, since not all lobbies are hardcore 4-man swat teams.

Everyone NOT playing regularly will likely play in lower ranks, with a higher chance at getting potatoe teams. Yes matchmaking is messed up, so you could still get red and purple survivors when you are only green or yellow. But that does not mean you are doomed, there are SO MANY bad players in higher ranks in the recent weeks (never have seen so many red ranks with a skill of a brown ranked newbie), that it really shouldn't be an issue to get a 4k eventually. Just play some rounds and I bet there will be a managable group for you.

The thing with mori / noed is, they do not even help you that much if you are simply "not good enough" yet. With mori's, if you already struggle in downing the survs to get them to a hook, you likely can't put it to effect more than twice, cause then the gens are done and the remaining got out. Noed often doesn't help you much when all survs still live in end game. So instead of relying on both of them, you could just play a few rounds with your killer-of-choice, learn something about their power and have it easier for upcoming challenges, since you get used to "the art of killing". Regardless of challenges, playing killer can greatly increase your insight on survivor play, making you a better survivor yourself. And vice-versa.

• Athanar90
    Athanar90 Member Posts: 123

I agree with the title, toxic is toxic no matter which side it's on.

On the flip side, making a survivor think you're going to hook them right by the hatch then turning and letting them escape is kinda funny. I did that as Trapper one recent match, set 3 traps around the hatch, backed off, and waited. One snapped on the last survivor and I picked them up, walked to a nearby hook... Then turned and walked to the hatch and let them go. They knew the match was mine and it surely made them tense for a moment, knowing they were so close only to get caught.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I once had a Killer down me, drop me in front of the gate and proceeded to open it himself. He then let me crawl almost all the way out, the implication he was letting me go. Then he picked me up and took me to a hook. I was the last Survivor, so it wasn't bait for anyone else. It was just being a jerk. Likewise, I recently had a Killer (I was the last Survivor again) down me and then proceed to watch me bleed out instead of hooking me so he could Tea-Bag me for the entire time. Again, there was no game purpose for this; he was just a jerk. Well he or she was jerk. Who knows. This kind of behavior really shows the very worst of humanity, bad sportsmanship, and so on. They aren't even rats; they are fleas on rats. Fortunately, they are the exception, not the rule. Pretending to let someone get the Hatch is kind of the same bait and switch, a weird sort of cruelty that has no game purpose but really makes you wonder about the person on the other end.

When I give the Hatch, or a Gate, I carry the Survivor directly to the point of exit and drop them there so there can be no doubt.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

I never take the bait. If they dont drop me directly on top, I just crawl back towards the Killer. πŸ’–πŸ’–

• SmileBigGrin
    SmileBigGrin Member Posts: 8

Wish I could've been given hatch

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,113

"sorry i t-bagged you in the exit gate i needed chases for my challenge/ritual."

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I had this happen the other night. Two people dead, one person slugged, and the killer downed me for the first time before I could go and pick them up. They hooked me, I pulled myself off the hook (kobe) while they were hooking the last survivor (who was on death hook), and then ran them around some more looking for the hatch. They closed it first, downed me, then carried me to the door, let me wiggle off, watched me open the door, then smacked me as I started to walk out. THEN, they watched me crawl most of the way before picking me up to hook me. I'm sure they found it hilarious -- as you said, it makes you wonder what type of person is on the other end to act like that. Just end the game and call it a day at that point.

When I play killer, I often give hatch/door, especially if it's been a rough match for the survivors and no one has been toxic. I've seen survivors hesitate to move towards the hatch -- I think they're honestly expecting me to close it in their face half of the time, which makes me wonder how many killers actually do this.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277

Killers tend to do this a lot. If you're not dropped directly on top of the hatch then they're most likely baiting. I'd rather crawl away or not crawl at all.

Same with doors.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

I've had a Myers do this to me with doors. Let me struggle off, stood back to let me open the gate, then downed me. Took me a few feet from the gates and everytime I'd crawl close to the gates they would pick me up and drop me back in the same spot until EGC got me. No Hatch nearby, just a person with some obvious issues that felt the need to torment another.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Point noted for the future. I'll have to make sure to drop people closer than I currently do.

• BadgerT40
    BadgerT40 Member Posts: 48

this makes no sense. one is being toxic, one is a objective of the game. you cant compare them. this is coming from a survivor mainπŸ˜•

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Nah not the same.

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

What did we do to you. Rather, what did Neas do to you.

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

Difference is, one BMer gets to win the game, the other only gets to decide.

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93

Well, if OP says it's the same, time I start doing it then-THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION PAL πŸ˜¬πŸ‘

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

Based on the title of this thread, I assume that means I should do it every single game I ever win? Because 100% of the time the survivors win, they wait to teabag at the exit gates.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

I wouldn't for the same reason I dont go out of my way to give hatch a lot of the time, just cant be arsed looking for the thing. Then again I also dont tbag on the survivor side so maybe I'm the odd one out.

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

I'd take you seriously if you offered any sort of argument to prove your point. I assume you're just being petty?