Anyone else not a fan of Breakable Walls added to older maps?

Options
Nikkiwhat
Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

Haven't played in a few months, got to play Badham and I absolutely hated having the Doors on there for the House(s) and the School :/. I didn't mind them on Maps (was it only Saloon till recently?) that came out after they were implemented as the maps were deisgned with them in mind.

I used to enjoy Badham as both Survivor & Killer but the dead zones created by them just felt so limiting to the couple times I got the map as Survivor. Haven't gotten Badham as Killer yet, but I never had an issue with it before.

Comments

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320
    Options

I'm glad those loops are shut down. I don't break any doors on Badham at all lol

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

I don't really mind having breakable walls. They're kinda decent but I wouldn't be surprised if survivors will be allowed to break them walls with a perk soon.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I dunno why I called em Doors tbh xD ah well!

But yeah, I like them overall. They add some strategy and decision making situations...I just don't like them retroactively added to older Maps and prefer them used for new ones in a sparingly way.

• Kleer_mi1k
    Kleer_mi1k Member Posts: 46
    Options

Not a fan

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

I haven't been a fan of Breakable Walls since they were first implemented on Saloon.

They're only break killer momentum and are a waste of time to break them.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    edited September 2020
    Options

Not a fan aswell. On badham, they create really harsh deadzones / dead ends. In general, they are unnecessary and just kinda lame.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

I can get behind the idea of breakable walls.

I think they need to work on making them interactive for both sides, perhaps allow a perk where survivors could also break them.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

I like them, but I also thought they would be put in places where walls originally were, rather than blocking pre-existing doorways. So I'm a bit disappointed they blocked off the school in the way they have.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

They are an easy way to balance broken loops.

Still didn't fix "the house of pain" though as there us always a window next to the stairs now.

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156
    Options

People who rely on the same busted loops every game will not like the change because they would rather not adapt and would prefer to run the same brainless loop that has 2 god pallets 99% of the time. Breakable walls are a great dynamic. Perhaps a new item added to the game like a crowbar that survivors can use to break down 1 or 2 of them would be a fun new mechanic that could be added.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,178
    Options

Its a fail of designing to me. Some breakable walls are not a smart choice to break for killer. Some others are a must to break. This leaves the breakable wall become a chore for Killers that have to remember which one should break or not. Not bring in any strats.

Only double breakable walls at the small stairs in Midwich are somehow strats that able to lure survivors into death zone (if u break only 1 wall at each stairs)

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I'm just not a fan of breakable walls in general. You either need to break them, like in the saloon, or you're better off leaving them alone, like in Badham.