Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

June 12th

Sooner than I expected.

Thank you everyone who participated and gave feedback on the PTB! We are excited to announce that our target date for the 2.0.0 release on PC is June 12th. Due to the certification process, PS4 and XBOX players will get the update in the upcoming weeks. We will keep you informed.

Comments

• Treyze
    Treyze Member Posts: 4

Patch 2.0 with the new chapter?

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

@BOSS242 said:
    Man who dropped the ball on that one? Not happy about the way console players are treated like second class citizens on this game!! We've been waiting just as long as the computer folks and we've had to watch as they all got to play the PTB!! Now they get the everything live first!? This is a HUGE slap in the face!! You should have filed sooner or now make us all wait!!!! To care as much as I do about this stuff and to have you guys just not care about us is very hard to read and makes me very sad :( 

So you would force PC players to wait as punishment because Microsoft and Sony require a certification process while Valve doesn't?

Seems fair.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

There are a lot of games that release patches and DLCs on pc before console. This is nothing new and its not a slap in the face. While many games will hold off pc release until they get console cert, does not mean they have to or should. I see no problems with PC getting the release first.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@BOSS242 said:
    Man who dropped the ball on that one? Not happy about the way console players are treated like second class citizens on this game!! We've been waiting just as long as the computer folks and we've had to watch as they all got to play the PTB!! Now they get the everything live first!? This is a HUGE slap in the face!! You should have filed sooner or now make us all wait!!!! To care as much as I do about this stuff and to have you guys just not care about us is very hard to read and makes me very sad :( 

Easiest way to show your displeasure is to not buy the chapter or buy the packages for the store. Grind your way through. Don't fund the game is the only way your voice is heard. People may not like hearing that, but all the complaints people have about balance changes, nerfs and buffs can be heard if you refuse to sink another dime in to the game until real progress is shown to change these things. It has been two years. Two years of the same arguments and problems. Two years of being ignored. Time to make a statement.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    I stopped caring who gets what first. It’s annoying, but at least this means I can watch some Streamers play Clown and such and get an idea of what works and what doesn’t work at high rank play. That way I’m not going in blind with a new Killer. 

Let the PC players be my little guinea pigs and test things for me. 
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@BOSS242 said:
    Man who dropped the ball on that one?

S O N Y - M I C R O S O F T

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4pwedj/why_do_console_patches_take_so_much_time_and/

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    BOSS242 said:
    It’s probably money reasons if I had to guess.  
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@BOSS242 said:

You know this is not due to Behavior, but because of Microsoft and Sony right ?

• BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Sorry guys you're right, no reason everyone should have to suffer. It was just not what I wanted to wake up and read. I know it sounds goofy but i was really hoping for the 12th, 13th I had even taken those days off from work and I know that's dumb so spare me :) just plain old jealousy 
  • Tepiglover88
    Tepiglover88 Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2018

DELETED

Post edited by Tepiglover88 on
  • Runiver

@BOSS242 said:
    Sorry guys you're right, no reason everyone should have to suffer. It was just not what I wanted to wake up and read. I know it sounds goofy but i was really hoping for the 12th, 13th I had even taken those days off from work and I know that's dumb so spare me :) just plain old jealousy 

Well, no one denied it truly sucks.
    Because it does. Especially since there's not PTB on console.

I hope you get your stuff in due time!

• BOSS242
    Runiver said:

@BOSS242 said:

Yes kinda but I kinda think that maybe (and I could be wrong, admittedly I dont know the details) Behavior has had 6 months to prepare for this DLC and maybe someone should have turned in the paperwork to get the ball rolling so everything could release on time?? It's not the first add to the game, so NOBODY there seen this issue coming?? I've already said sorry, I over reacted and was wrong i know it and i mean it, sorry, but maybe?...
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    edited June 2018

@BOSS242 said:

If you have to complain about when an update comes out to a game, just get a pc. You have a console for a reason and they have reasons to why they can't release updates right away on consoles. Cause they are not through steam.

Edit: Just read the rest of the thread and you saw your mistake.

• ThePloopz
    BOSS242 said:
    Runiver said:

@BOSS242 said:

Yes kinda but I kinda think that maybe (and I could be wrong, admittedly I dont know the details) Behavior has had 6 months to prepare for this DLC and maybe someone should have turned in the paperwork to get the ball rolling so everything could release on time?? It's not the first add to the game, so NOBODY there seen this issue coming?? I've already said sorry, I over reacted and was wrong i know it and i mean it, sorry, but maybe?...
    It does make you regret getting on console though at least for me it does
  • Runiver
    edited June 2018

@BOSS242 said:

They did talk about this in a previous stream.
    The main issue is that it's not only paperwork. They need to give a full patch package IN ADVANCE to Sony and Microsoft, so they can check it out if there's nothing faulty or offensive or anything, in their own rules, for several days.
    So they basically can't "prepare" for it, sadly.

They just finished the patch a few days ago, after the PTB, so they couldn't "prepare" for it :/

The only way would be to actually delay the PC release because of Sony & Microsoft tantrum.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    @Runiver I think this one of those situations where nobody is at fault because I think everyone here would do what Sony and Microsoft does with the patches if they owned the consoles so I don’t blame them and Behaviour obviously isn’t at fault. I personally would just hold until everyone can have it but that’s just my opinion but given how long it’s been since anything new come out along with money reasons I understand why they’d just push it out to pc faster. I still regret getting it on console though lol I’m so used to games releasing everything at the same time for all their platforms that there’s a little bit a salt there ya know how it is
  • BOSS242
    Runiver said:

@BOSS242 said:

They did talk about this in a previous stream.
    The main issue is that it's not only paperwork. They need to give a full patch package IN ADVANCE to Sony and Microsoft, so they can check it out if there's nothing faulty or offensive or anything, in their own rules, for several days.
    So they basically can't "prepare" for it, sadly.

They just finished the patch a few days ago, after the PTB, so they couldn't "prepare" for it :/

The only way would be to actually delay the PC release because of Sony & Microsoft tantrum.

Thank you makes total sense. Still a bummer though ( said under my breath as I look and feet and lazily kick at the ground like a child) :) lol
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    BOSS242 said:see
    Man I feel ya, I was so pumped for next week. The sad thing is that I play killer main, and this is the worst I felt being a dbd gamer yet.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    BOSS242 said:
    this is mainly a pc game. you are lucky you got a port. stop whining.
  • ThePloopz
    Lowbei said:
    BOSS242 said:
    this is mainly a pc game. you are lucky you got a port. stop whining.
    He already apologized and explained himself so your comment is irrelevant 
  • Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

@RemoveSWF said:
    Nerf incoming on June 19th.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

June 13th hotfix: We found the clown's repeated laughing was too triggering for some players so we removed him from the game.