Im suck after crossplay

Options

i play on switch and im Red rank killer i have minimum 3 kills per round but after crossplay i suck a lot every fu@#&g survivor are a toxic every can do 360 and i with very bad fps after 360 i dont know what happening! Im very sad because dbd is my favorite game but after this im felling like noob and these survivors treat me like garbage. After tuning off crossplay i have no Players and i have lobby after 2 hours. Im sad and very angry at the same time i never disconect but this toxic guys make me disconect 3 times im felling like a garbage.

Comments

• Lusiem9
    Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Im mostly play hag Myers Wraith and Doctor. Im play on Nintendo switch what perks you say? For Hag spies from shadow, devour hope, hex ruin and derrstalker For Wraith Predator, bloodhound, deerstalker and bitter murmur. for Myers Save the best for last, bitter murmur, deerstalker and spies from shadow. And for doctor Overcharge, sloppy butcher and deerstalker

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,975
    Options
    1. You're not garbage.

You said you play on the Nintendo Switch, which I remember was the very last system to get DBD which probably means you have a lot less hours in the game that most of the people you're going up against. There's probably also a very small group of people you've played against on the switch so reaching red ranks was probably easier.

Also based on the perks you run, it sounds like you have issues tracking people which I guess just comes with time. But you really shouldn't need Predator, Bloodhound, Deerstalker, and Bitter Murmur on you Wraith. Wraith has a built in Bloodhound when he's invisible and 4 tracking perks is overkill unless you're really bad at keeping up in a chase. Switch 3 of those out for other perks.

In fact I'd argue deerstalker is never needed unless you make a habit of slugging a lot but you seem to have it on all of your characters. Idk if that's because you don't have anything else to equip or if it's because you can't find people after you leave them on the floor. Either way. I promise there's better perks out there.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

I have no idea what it's like for you guys on the switch we get alot of 360s on ps4 best way I found to counter it is to back up alittle or try to 360 yourself into there 360 it's hard but with practice I'm sure you can adapt!

But yeah frame rates are such a factor to do with this issue tho so don't be to hard on yourself for something completely out of your control.

Never be hard on yourself like this!

{boop} 🐷

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

First and foremost, you are not garbage and nobody should make you feel like you are. How long have you been playing killer? How many perks do you currently have access to? These are important factors. When I started playing killer, I got destroyed constantly. I started running NOED just to get some kills. A killer main who played survivor in one of my matches had a very constructive conversation with me after a match one day and I decided to change some things. One, I dropped the crutch (darn you NOED for hobbling me!), two, I stopped worrying about winning and losing. I started focusing on what exactly survivors were doing and what mistakes I was making. I'd film my matches and run them alongside well-known streamer's matches (Otzdarva mostly) in order to best identify what mistakes I was making. I did this casually over a few weeks. I started noticing a difference. I was getting a lot better. I got whipped quite a few times, but I improved.

That said, you are at a handicap in a way going against higher fps players. I'm sorry, but this cross-play is an absolute disaster. For PC killers, we are facing absolute potato survivors from consoles who think Urban Evasion and Selfcare are winning routes. I have never gotten bored getting constant 4ks until this weekend. I turned off cross-play, but have not tested the wait times. I don't know what to tell you as far as the optimization difference goes. BHVR should never have done this until they optimized console play. It was foolish and many on these forums tried to say so. BHVR is infamous at ignoring advice, even when it is sound, so we should not be surprised.

Keep your head up and don't concern yourself with the opinions of those who would act so brave behind a keyboard. Most of them have horrible lives and are just too afraid to make changes, so they lash out where they know they can't be touched.

• Lusiem9
    Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Thanks for the support guys now im felling better thanks for tip about 360. I have 200 hours on both sides i use Bloodhound to easy find injured survivors who dont run for others perks im open for changes. Did you have any tips about perks? You know good builds

Ps sorry for bad English im only 13 yr old kiddo from Poland

• Tro
    Tro Member Posts: 223
    Options

I have over 2k hours, rank 1 killer and survivor on Nintendo switch before play and rank 3 killer/surv on pc. Now after cross play, you cannot play killer on the switch, period.

Lag and FPS makes a huge difference. I resorted to play only on pc, and if I do play on the switch I play survivor and drop pallets hella early.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280
    Options

Also, you can disable cross play (at least on PC). It is a setting in the main menu (not the survivor menu, the main menu). I hope it is available on the switch.

If you believe your enjoyment of the game has decreased because of cross play, consider turning it off for a while. You may have slightly longer cue times but if it improves your experience, then I think it is worth it.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

Don't let people ever make you feel that way. People who go out of their way to make others feel like that are lower than low. Nobody should be made to feel like that when they're just trying to play and have fun. I can imagine Switch is much tougher than PS4/Console where we always get 360'ing and I know how you feel. It does get to you, but try just enjoy yourself. Don't focus too much on getting kills/winning. Just enjoy the game and ignore the toxic players. You're better than them 100%! 😀

• Captain_AAhab
    Captain_AAhab Member Posts: 37
    Options

This.

Don’t let a few scummy player turn you off the game. Some people just enjoy bullying weaker killers. It says a lot about their IRL character.

My advice would be to start learning a new killer. Myers isn’t strong at higher ranks. I would suggest using a killer with gen pressure. I’m not sure if Freddy came to Switch yet, but he’s a good option, and easy to pick up and play. Doctor is always a good killer to learn.

Id also strongly suggest getting pop as an add-on. This means you might have to level up clown, as the shrine just had pop in it. That’s a staple add-on that should be on most killers, IMO.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Become a spirit main 😁

• NoObzBoiYT
    NoObzBoiYT Member Posts: 198
    Options

I’m on switch too. I’m a killer main but I’m not turning into a survivor main. Since it’s more easier and chill. It’s like everything is on my side as survivor

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I'm guilty of being a booli to globe killers, but don't feel bad. Console players are just used to a specific type of play/counterplay and PC users in general tend to be different sorts of players.

It'll come to you. There's a definite difference between Rank 1 PC Huntress and Rank 1 PC [anything] by miles, but that doesn't mean you're a bad player.

• wownicedeadhard
    wownicedeadhard Member Posts: 35
    Options
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,759
    Options

It makes me sad to read this post. Kid was having a blast on his nintendo playing against other kids on their nintendos. Now he's forced into the deep toxic end of the pool without his consent. Feels bad man. I'd like to tell you it gets better but I'm not entirely convinced it does.

• BillIsBestBoi
    BillIsBestBoi Member Posts: 30
    Options

Don't worry Im also suck