Options

'hi i just came on to say that i am a new player and this game is extremely difficult. not noob friendly at all. when im spotted by the killer i have ASBOLUTELY no chance no matter what i do and i actually managed to get rank 8 somehow. everythhing about the marchmaking system is ABSOLUTELY flawed and there is no learning curve whatsoever. i either breeze through the game or get annihilated instantly there is no in between. yes i realise that i am not good at the game but that doesnt mean im not allowed to have fun. what can be done about? this thank you

Comments

• basszombie
    basszombie Member Posts: 9
    Options

the game just isnt fun in its current state. i known you're all pros but for a noob like me there is 0 insentive to play this game.

its just not fun at all.

• Suvakita
    Suvakita Member Posts: 67
    Options

Try to convince your friends to play with you. I usually play solo but sometimes I play with friends or even with people I add as friend on ps4.

• Trial_By_Scythe
    Trial_By_Scythe Member Posts: 61
    Options

You should have seen it back in the day:

.Characters didn't start with their personal perks unlocked, you had to get them at lvl 5, 10, and 15.

.You could lose pip at Rank 20.

.No tutorial

.Blood point offerings gave next to nothing compared to now

If you stick with it, you will definitely improve. You could even find some players to play Custom games to get use to the game.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I'd drop survivor at first and play killer. I started as a killer and it showed me what survivors do in order to survive.

You don't have to really play well as a newbie killer, you're playing against newbie survivors. Watch what they do. See what works and what doesn't. Take them out and win a few games.

Then you can either take the bloodpoints you get from killer (you get more playing killer on average btw) and either level up your survivors and get teachables at level 30, 35 and 40 and make a good build or toss those points on a killer you like.

Out of the base five I recommend Trapper. The other ones are okay but they play different and the moves you learn on Trapper can be applied to any M1 killer while chainsaws and stealth plays can only be used on that specific killer. Plus catching someone in a bear trap is satisfying.

Just worry about bloodpoints. I could be a god survivor and hold the killer for 10 minutes but if my team doesn't do gens then it's all for nothing. Surviving is a team effort. You just have to try and be part of that team.

Give it time.

• Wongrath
    Wongrath Member Posts: 17
    Options

I'm also fairly new to this game, having started playing just two months ago. There's definitely a steep learning curve, but I promise you it will become better if you stick to it. I recommend trying to find people to play with, whereas the official DBD discord is a great tool for that.

Things that also might help in learning the game is watching streams and videos of other people playing it, as well as playing killer to see things like their field of view as well as how other survivors run.

• basszombie
    basszombie Member Posts: 9
    Options

my point is that without people to communicate with, there is no chance for the survivor. so finding people to play with isn't exactly sound advice. then that probably just ruins it for the killer which i would also would like to avoid.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

It's difficult to get into dbd. It's just like LoL or Overwatch, the games are just out for too long.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I play as a solo survivor because I'm really whimsical on when I'll actually log in. Survivors can get really, really strong, but your main base of operations are the tiles. Don't run into open fields with nothing. If given a choice between an open field and a structure, always choose the structure. Open field is guaranteed down. Structures give you wiggle room in this game.

Besides, just focus on bloodpoint harvesting. Rank reset is in one day and you're going to get a wild variety of players and the killers are going to chew up a lot of them. It's the wild west every month in this game from the 13th to the 20th.

Dying means literally nothing. Make your own goals.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

This game is brutal to learn, but that part of the reason that I love it. Now that I actually know the game, I even love being in the lower ranks on an alternate account to try new things and play with weird perks.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Funny, because I recommend Survivor first for a similar reason.

And for those wondering, David King for smurfs to get WGLF and Dead Hard, but for actual newbies either Dwight or Claudette.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341
    Options

This game is not new player friendly, but it is fun with friends. So you can convince your friends to get it and play with you, otherwise you might want to wait a while for anything good to be added to the game.

• Wongrath
    Wongrath Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2020
    Options

You're putting yourself into a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation if you think of it like that. It's more so for getting advice and such, I'm sure there's a lot of people who are willing to help if you ask. I'm not gonna touch the discussion around communication between survivors and how that affects the game, but I will say that having someone to talk to is really helpful when you're still learning the game.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582
    Options

There is a really steep learning curve to the game, but I promise you it isn't too bad. Watch some good content Creators like OhTofu, Scott Jund, and Otzdarva to learn about how to play the game. I'd also recommend hopping onto the official DBD Discord and getting some more experienced players to help you out in learning the game in a SWF, that way they can help you out with learning the game, especially if you can't convince any of your buddies to join.

The game is super fun, and has gotten much better balance-wise then it used to. Just stick with it, and just try to sit back, relax, and learn from past mistakes in games. Learn from better players like Otz. and you'll get there.

• Crewszpoo
    Crewszpoo Member Posts: 28
    Options

Try growing a pair hahahaha

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,198
    Options