Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Disconnect Penalty

Does anybody know why they keep removing it and putting back and then removing it again? Do you guys think it's needed? I do.

Comments

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

Because of hackers giving people up to 72 hour long penalties. Happened to big streamers but also happened to normal players. They keep turning it off to try and fix it, but have failed each time.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

With how awful a lot of maps are for either side and the constant introduction of bugs (DS bug makes it now is beyond useless for example) it’s hard to support dc bans.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

The reason they keep removing it is that hackers found numerous ways to get others banned using exploits and loopholes in the game's code.

DC penalties are under review for a second time to compensate.

• Avarice10
    Avarice10 Member Posts: 482

I do not support DC bans, people still dc'ed even with bans, and rage quitting is just a part of this game. It's not really a problem you can fix because it's a user reaction to something instead of a bad game mechanic. It also slows queue times because a portion of the player base is getting time outs, and it already can take awhile to find a game even with cross platform on.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

There needs to be a mechanic in place that makes life easier for the remaining survivors who don't disconnect. I played a match as Freddy the other night, and two players disconnected within the first two minutes with five gens left to be done. I brought in a cake too which really surprised me. I felt bad for the other two survivors so I let them farm, and because of the cake we walked away with quite a few blood points.

If BHVR isn't going to incorporate bots into the game to take over for people who disconnect, then at the very least you should be guaranteed a safety pip if half of your team disconnects.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I thought this was the third time.

I recently did the same on a Mikey game where two people killed themselves on first hook.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

That was nice of you. At the very least they let themselves be hooked, but I know that's little comfort for the rest of their team.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

There really needs to be a disconnecting penalty. Too many people I've been in matches with have the attitude of

• Got a particular map, Gone
    • got a particular killer, Gone
    • I don't like how the killer plays, Gone
    • Oh the killer caught me. Gone
    • oh the killer downed me when I don't think they shouldn't have. Gone
    • The killer hooked me and is watching me period. Gone
    • the killer knocked down someone and is still chasing me. Gone
    • I'm looping them and they're still chasing me, Gone

These are all things I've run into playing as both killer and survivor.

I don't play killer as much as I do survivor but on both sides you toxic players Killers who destroy a team and say they're too easy and laugh, as well as survivors that toy with a killer and just enjoy being jerks and then call you trash.

The only time I've DC'd from a game is when the game kicks me out. I know that happens but you get 2 per game sometimes that is intentional. I almost had a legit 4K the other day but the person DC'd on my shoulder. So yeah I think there should be a disconnection penalty or if not make the quitter bonus more then 100 points.There should be something to deter people from quitting and no a de rank has no teeth.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

As long as the rock glitch remains in the game (it still is in the game, I've witnessed it in one of my games a couple of days ago), then the DC penalty should not come back.

I'm not going to stay in a game where I'm stuck and I cannot move.

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 462

Every single online game that uses a rank system should have a DC penalty, this is what I think, letting people DC as they want only encourages it, and there is no upside on it, you just screw your team.

• Avarice10
    Avarice10 Member Posts: 482

The rank system doesn't really mean anything, it also resets too so meh.

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 462

It doesn't, but you're screwing your team regardless, that is my point.

• Ryan489x

They could always make the quitter bonus bigger and give it to everyone still in the match not just the killer. That's if they don't plan to bring back a real penalty

• Harlekin
    Harlekin Member Posts: 12

or you could just play the game and not disconnect

and if you don't feel like playing just uninstall it and you will make other players very happy 

that will not be so difficult 

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

please explain how midwich or ormond are well designed maps, or how bugs that cripple players should be allowed to remain unfixed.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,176

Dc punishments are needed, but it's clear the previous iterations were quickly and easily abused by hackers. BHVR need to rethink how best to approach this. Maybe it all needs to be based on data and done manually, but that feels to me like too much of a slow and cumbersome approach, come to think of it.

• Harlekin
    Harlekin Member Posts: 12

i never said that you must not fix game errors

but it is still ridiculous because of what the connection is disconnected 

as you can see in this article and this is not even exaggerated but hard facts

• deadbybums
    deadbybums Member Posts: 82

DC punishments are not needed when you can literally suicide on hook instead of quitting the game. The game offers people having a bad game an easy way out and if someone raging is going to be given a time out chances are half of these players will be turning the game off anyway. A 5 minute penalty isn't going to bother them if theyre signing off for the rest of the day.

• Ryan489x

We're talking about a penalty not bans. no banning someone for a set time is not the solution but to have an in game consequence for doing it would be nice.

• deadbybums
    deadbybums Member Posts: 82

I never mentioned a ban my guy. Sometimes this ######### just happens, like sometimes people run annoying perks and like when killers tunnel and face camp. This game gives you a lot of annoying crap to deal with.