Pyramid head is overpowered

Options

It’s been a couple days but I’m already hating this new killer you would think he’s slower since he has a ranged attack but no he is super damn fast he’s even faster while digging a trench and also the cage thing is ridiculous for one ds and bt don’t work with it which makes ph free to tunnel people and camp people these devs are fools they say they don’t encourage camping but they literally make this mans power perfect for it I’m tired of deranking because of this dumb killer please change him

Comments

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839
    Options

Git gud? Lol.

• dhealy646
    dhealy646 Member Posts: 462
    Options

I cba to even argue with this

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    Options

lol

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    Options

Maybe if the killer is rank 10.

Red rank killers have been using him to devastating effect from what I have experienced. You almost can't do anything in the PH's face. You just drag M2 whenever they are near a vault or pallet and boom, denied. Then you can tunnel them into the floor because cages definitely can't spawn like 20 seconds away or anything.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TsunderePoisedLemurResidentSleeper

Don't believe me? Here's some rank 1 PH gameplay demonstrating how not to be a noob with him.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited June 2020
    Options

That clip proves Pyramid Head is weak.

He needed half a minute to down a noob that ran in a straight line and dropped a pallet at point blank distance which obviously resulted in going down (no dead hard, too unlike all survivors I go against) and the second person he downed was afk/not playing. What is that clip supposed to prove? That Pyramid Head can win against bad survivors?

EDIT: Also notice how it's 2 gens left and all 4 survivors are still alive even though he's cage-tunneling survivors.

Also2: He has STBFL with 6 tokens during the first chase which allowed him to get the second hit through the pallet.

Without STBFL the chase would have been even longer.

• Shocktober
    Options

What else can you do except run in a straight line? He says "checkmate" because if the guy goes into an animation lock, he unleashes the M2 and they take a hit anyways. That's literally a full lobby of red rank survivors he is playing against.

He doesn't cage tunnel either; I am assuming he went over there because of the discordance proc that happened to be nearby. The guy plays super nice in like 95% of his games, to a fault. That's why he is like "should I even kill this guy?" It's just a good demonstration of how you could cage tunnel and someone is dead literally within a minute. Consider you can do that to someone who gets off the hook if you just make a circle of torment around it and force them to run through it as you return to the hook.

That's also him playing without what he considers an optimal build; since he is still leveling him up.

The guy plays pretty godly in most cases and is putting this killer above spirit, and I agree with him from my own experiences.

Anyone who thinks PH is bad just doesn't have the skill to play him. It's that simple.

• Yamaoka
    edited June 2020
    Options

Again:

- This clip shows nothing impressive. The first down took almost half a minute even though the survivor ran no exhaustion perk, didn't run the loop correctly and dropped the pallet at point blank distance like a rank 20 which resulted in a down.

- the hit went through the pallet because of STBFL with 6 tokens and NOT because of the streamer's "skill".

- The second survivor was afk.

- only 2 gens left and all survivors are still alive despite playing like yellow ranks.

What - is - that - clip - supposed - to - prove?

Yes, Pyramid Head can zone survivors. So can Gunslinger but that doesn't make him a strong killer.

• HexNerfNoed
    HexNerfNoed Member Posts: 2
    Options

Doesn’t matter he can run to the cage and face camp you also I do agree his ranged attack is easy to dodge but why does he have a ranged attack and not 4.4 speed or 4.2 like huntress and that dumb cowboy with a gun he’s very annoying to play against

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

Sis has been out for 6 days can we stop asking for nerfs, literally hold W. Without add-ons his ranged is awful at most loops, his torment only works if you don't know how to crouch, and his cages spawn on the opposite side of the map so if you need ds and bt your team are ######### for not saving you in time.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

I love it to play as and against him. Also he is 4,6 because his ranged attack doesnt have that much range (only 8 Meters i think without addons)

Also there is a heavy penalty if you miss + you can dodge it easy.

Also getting others tormented isnt that easy

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
    Options

So what if the cage spawns on the other side of the map? He can still go to the cage and instantly down you again and rinse and repeat.

• Shocktober
    Options

A down in half a minute is impressive unless you are playing spirit/nurse or catch someone totally out in the open with an instadown killer or huntress.

"Doesn't run the loop correctly" when you literally cannot vault or drop a pallet in front of the pyramid head while he is holding M2.

The hit going through the pallet has NOTHING to do with save the best for last. STBFL applies after the hit is made; not before. The fact you don't know this makes me question why I am taking the time to explain all this to you.

Gunslinger cannot down people who throw safe pallets. He can only injure. He is also 110% move speed, and that's all his power does for him. Pyramid head gets some of the best parts of his power, as well as a ton of extra information and also the ability to tunnel mori people to death within under a minute.

I have played no other killer in the game where I can routinely be hit by DS from someones first hook when I am going to put them onto their death hook.

It's a case of "git gud". Pyramid head is crazy OP in the hands of a good player. Maybe you are just not one?

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    Options

he is weak actually but his power gets me sometimes. it results hard to me fo dodge it.

• Yamaoka
    edited June 2020
    Options

Seems like YOU don't know what STBFL does. It reduced the cooldown of the first hit as the streamer was at 6 stacks already. As a result said streamer closed enough distance to get the second hit through the pallet. If it hadn't been for STBFL with 6 stacks that streamer would have had more distance to close so that hit wouldn't have connected through the pallet.

As a result that half minute chase would have gone for another half minute.

A killer who is all about chase power should NEVER have to chase for up to a minute especially if it's a survivor that seemingly plays without an exhaustion perk.

Anyways think what you want. If you think Pyramid Head is fine or even "strong" so be it.

EDIT: As for the skill yada yada. Don't give me that bs. Pyramid Head is easy to play after a few games. Even Bubba requires more practice.

Woow, so difficult!

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

Most of the times the cages spawn almost near my mates. Also if you know you play against PH, you could just split up so if he puts anyone on the cage one of you can almost always save him right after he got caged.

Besides that, just because players play him scummy, thats not a reason to nerf him. There are also players who dont camp or tunnel.

• Shocktober
    Options

The fact he closed the distance faster because of it is besides the point? The point is that PH can pull up M2 at literally any pallet or vault and deny it. It's like doctor but it actually does damage. And he can tunnel mori people out of the game in literally under a minute? And that's just what he can do with minimal skill. With predictions you are nailing people through walls entirely. But keep telling me he is a bad killer.

• Nikotiini
    Nikotiini Member Posts: 77
    Options

Of course this was explained from a survivor's perspective. Why don't you play as him yourself and see how "overpowered" he is then?

• Avarice10
    Avarice10 Member Posts: 482
    edited September 2020
    Options

Pyramid Head is fair and balanced,

Ignore the fact he has a free mori, doesn't have to hook survivors, and can hit survivors through walls making any window or pallet unsafe.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

its almost like he dosent care about your metta perks maybe try a stealth perk to avoid him

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

"t’s been a couple days but I’m already hating this new killer ..."

The epitome of "I don't like it so it must be broken."

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416
    Options

Well good news for you then!

Phead is getting a bullet to the hea- Sorry i mean nerf.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327
    Options

baitposter

• thepyramidhead
    thepyramidhead Member Posts: 59
    Options

No

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301
    Options

Don't say "ez" ever again. You Ochido followers are annoying.

• Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473
    Options

BOI, the cages now change place if Pyramid Head stands close to it for 5 seconds, 5 MF SECONDS he cannot facecamp like before patch, get real, he is mediocre at best, he massively lacks information, so it's good we have a good side to him and that is his power

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

PyramidHead has no counterplay. PyramidHead counters DS.

It's funny because if you're tormented and come off a hook, you can just jump into a locker and in most cases there will be one near by. No Pyramid doesn't counter DS, and you know what happens when the survivor does that?

No counterplay to it 😉

But of course it's fine to have zero counterplay because it's on the survivor side. Nerf pyramidhead btw

• ArcticWolf
    ArcticWolf Member Posts: 44
    Options

PH isnt OP I play survivor more than killer and i think him along with every other killer are pretty good where they are.

• JAZC_CR
    JAZC_CR Member Posts: 207
    Options
  • pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235
    Options

Ochido is a toxic survivor main if you didn’t know.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266
    Options

PH is okay, one his trails are easy to avoid just crouch over them ,if you get tormented trails are useless as they only active killer instinct and that's it, it's only a real threat is when your on deathhook and you get downed ,Which you are already dead already.

His cages can help him bypass ds and bt however he cannot use hook perks either and the cages often help the survivors more than him as one they teleport if he is too close to them for like 5 seconds and the fact they often spawn near other survivors away from almost guarantee a free save thus losing him pressure.

His m2 has a hefty stun whether he lands or misses his punishment of damned and is telegraphed ,its only useful when people are locked in an animation such as dropping a pallet or vaulting a window and healing.

Other than that m2 isn't that effective, it requires skill to successfully predict movement and land a hit without outside of animation locked survivors.

He lacks mobility which he makes up in chase.his mind game is useful as it allows him to pressure a survivor into moving away from a tile.

• MissRememberMe
    MissRememberMe Member Posts: 37
    Options

How tf can be camp the cages... they are places on the othwr side of the map from him.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Relax guys, nerf is around the corner.

• pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235
    Options

Yeah he is known in the community to be a bullying killers and being toxic, which sucks because this community is already toxic enough

• BOT_Ethan
    BOT_Ethan Member Posts: 29
    edited September 2020
    Options

I think it's ridiculous for so many killer players to agree with PH's ignorance of DS. Before debating whether DS should be nerfed, no killer should be able to ban survivors' perks, DS should be activated after survivors are saved from cages and they should count into survivors' saving challengesXD. Then it's totally fine if PH can torment the survivor again to avoid DS.

Other than that, I don't think PH is overpowered when you always assume he is 2m closer and keep the distance to avoid the M1 or M2 situation under pallets. And his M2 is easy to juke unless you are looping somewhere with narrow space to juke. I do believe that Death Slinger should be nerfed since M1/M2 happens only under pallets for PH while that happen anywhere without a pallet for Death Slinger.

PH is op in doctor's map though since cages' locations are easier to predict in this map and most "usually safe" pallets are in narrow corridors.