Why is blight getting gen rushed so fast?

Seriously I down someone and tinkerer goes off twice I did like him but I’m starting to think I was wrong this has been happening very often and it’s getting frustrating

Comments

• StereoHEAD43
    StereoHEAD43 Member Posts: 53

this game is easy for survivors if you don't pressure. And applying said pressure is even harder if one guy decides to loop you for a minute or they use hacks. Genrush is actually the meta, that's why I run Discordance to keep them off

• BowlofTofu
    BowlofTofu Member Posts: 45

Discordance is your ally my friend

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited September 2020

Survivors are just adapting to his power by trying to get all the gens done before he starts killing them, and with the builds most players are using on him, the matches feel much faster and more intense. His speed enables him to apply so much pressure that matches against him become a race between gens vs kills.

Unfortunately this means that playing as him will always be a frustrating rush of chaining downs, pressuring gens, and juggling survivors, which is only exacerbated by the fact that you have to keep splitting your focus between 4 survivors all over the map. Billy/Oni, Spirit, and Nurse have similar issues because they are high mobility killers, but in all honesty, Blight feels more mobile than them, or at least on par with Billy.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

When I was doing adept I would've agreed but not now. Once you get Tinkerer, Ruin and Undying you shouldn't get gen rushed.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’m not sure why strategy of splitting up and doing gens in different areas simultaneously is specific to Blight, it’s a generally good strategy against any killer honestly. In fact killers who aren’t as mobile as Blight have an even harder time dealing with survivors who split up, if anything Blight is more resilient against it because he can respond more quickly to distance events.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

He can but not if survivors are doing multiple gens I’ve been playing games as other killers but I’m not really getting gen rushed it feels like it only happens on blight or it happens more frequently

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

This might sound crazy but early game just get some first hits instead of long chases, if you can down the first survivor after 15-20 seconds go for it, otherwise just get some early hits on survivors to start getting them off gens.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It sounds like a case of survivors being pressured into a more optimal strategy of splitting up then being able to be a bit more flexible about pairing up.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Also the survivors don't have a new thing to do while the Blight is new and is something killer players have to learn... It happened to OhTofu

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited September 2020

It's not specific to Blight at all, is the best strategy against all killers, and is the predominant way of playing at red ranks regardless, but I feel that against high mobility killers like Blight, wherein the chases are typically ridiculously short, survivors of any rank feel even more pressure to crank out the gens asap. To me, there's really only 2 strategies that work against Blight: Heavy Stealth, and Split Rush. Unfortunately only one of these works consistently as Blight has a few add-ons that defeat the stealth approach, but the bottom line is that you either have to use strategies that waste his time as much as possible, or finish the gens as quickly as you can.

Unlike with other avg mobility killers, When Blight hooks someone, chances are very high that he's gonna be on your ass within seconds no matter where you are on the map, and because he can do this so easily, you and your teammates are pressured to get as much progress on gens as you can before the inevitable chase ensues. This same thing happened when Legion first came out, and everyone realized that the best way to beat him was to split rush/rescue only, without wasting time healing or performing any other tasks. Once Legion got their heavy nerfs however, people felt they could relax more around him and now do gens at a pretty standard pace when facing a Legion player. Unlike legion though, Blight can use his speed more frequently, and can actually down survivors with his power, and unlike billy, Blight can also make course corrections when using his power, which makes for an incredibly potent chaser, especially between tiles.

Unlike with other killers, Blight has high pressure all around, so you have to counter it by either matching or exceeding that pressure if you're going to have any chance of escaping/winning, which makes all matches against Blight pretty sweaty affairs for solo and swf survivors alike. Blight gives survivors no time to relax so Split Rush is the best strategy against him and they are picking up on that quickly, which in turn is making playing as Blight an incredibly frustrating/sweaty experience for both newer and seasoned killer players.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

May i point you towards the tournament results where the killers sole objective was to stop gens. now tell me how it went?

Being rushed is up to the survivors not you.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Well, they are doing what Killer Mains tell Survivors all the time - adapt. If you are going against a Blight, Chances are high that he has Tinkerer. Being on multiple Gens means that he can only protect one if multiple Gens are close to finish and trigger Tinkerer.

• CashelP14

First off I never watched the tournament. Personally never felt interested in it. I just heard bits about it from the forums and my mates.

Secondly you can't compare tournaments to the real game. Tell me how many 4 man swfs run camaraderie (hope I spelled that right).

My point is that not every game as Blight ends with him getting gen rushed. When I played with his adept perks I struggled since he had no gen slowdown. However once I got Tinkerer, Ruin and Undying the amount of map pressure I had was extremely strong.

The OP said that by his first down that 2 tinkerers were going off. Maybe that means that he should've hit the first survivor, left them and pressured other gens. Blight is one of the only killers where this is possible. Not every chase needs to end in a down, an injure can be massive later in the game.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Well I don’t have ruin yet so I’m using pop maybe ruin and undying is a must on him

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I don't know what tournament you're referring to.4

In BOTB the objective were hooks and kills. Those awarded points.

Stopping gens denied points. I don't see how that suddenly became the 'sole' objective.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I have noticed that even while actively pressuring gens and getting fast hooks even with undying and ruin it seems like survivors are foregoing healing more than normal to try and get the exits powered as fast as possible. Not sure why.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

None of those perks stop you from getting rushed by bots. Undying does nothing, Ruin is negated by holding M1, and Tinkerer only tells you you're about to lose a gen. Start of the match, 2-3 gens could proc Tinkerer, how does that help you avoid being rushed?

Anyways OP, every killer gets rushed, it's pathetic out there right now. Run Discordance for a day, see how many times it procs twice at the start of the match on gens at opposite ends of the map. It's ridiculous.

• shakala
    shakala Member Posts: 30

Don't forget the non existing terror radius. Would rather just get gens done and out. Unless you meant to tell me you have no idea about that bug.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I prefer Surveillance, Ruin, Undying, Brutal Strength.

The way that I play is early game I'm looking to get easy hits on survivors and break pallets. Don't commit to chases unless they're easy downs. Get an idea which generators are being worked on and harass the survivors up until they give up and go totem hunting.

Mid game, your hex totem is broken and 1 to 2 generators are complete. At this point you should have between 4-6 hooks. You probably don't have anyone dead because of DS protecting them, but you may have eaten through A DS or two. At this point there are very few pallets left. Use Brutal Strength to Protect the most important generators. Your primary goal is to keep everyone injured.

End game. You've gotten your first kill. You should still have between 2 - 3 uncompleted generators all survivors should be injured. At this point you're just cleaning up, the survivors are out of resources and you're just looking to pick up the pieces.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

Legion sees your survivors splitting up to do gens...

...and sits in the corner crying about it.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Blight can cross a map so quickly that knowing you are about to lose a Gen lets you get on top of it before it goes. Look, we have all been dealing with the Gen-Rush for a LONG time. I deal with it as Myers, who is a slow burn as opposed to starting as a speed demon. If Undying+Ruin+Thrill of the Hunt +4th Perk slows them down enough for me, I'm sure it does for you too.

It isn't as if the Survivors are going, "Gosh darn it... Jeepers... it is Blight so I guess we better Gen-Rush." Survivors Gen-Rush on general principle. Again, if it slows them down enough for me, I'm sure you can manage.

• CashelP14

I'd say that it is. Pop is good but this guy is just so good at pushing people of gens that Ruin and Undying is just amazing. I hope when I prestige him I get just as lucky in my first 50 levels as I did the first time. I got BBQ 1, Tinkerer 2, Undying 2 and Ruin 3.

Once you get Ruin you should see a good difference. For now I'd say just don't commit to chases early on unless you think your getting an easy down. Just hit them off gens (preferably a 3/4 gen set up) and come back when they are out positioned.

My problem with surveillance is that since the recent change it isn't as useless as it was before. Tinkerer is extremely good at pushing someone off a gen you know you can reach before it's done and I'd say it's a must on him. Brutal is decent but something like BBQ or Monitor I'd prefer personally.

If your letting 2-3 gens proc at the beginning of the game then your not playing Blight correctly. Your first chase you shouldn't commit to and only value injuring them and leaving. If you run between every gen correctly then the timing of each one being completed should be nicely split.

Tinkerer, Ruin and Undying if run correctly on him is extremely good. Any killer with really good mobility right now should be using Undying and Ruin right now.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

your first priority in a match should be push people off gens not get downs

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

That isn't in any way killer-specific. Gens are pretty easy to do (which shocks me that solo que is as bad as it is), and survivors are realising that more and more. Bonus points if they second-chance some free gen time because, you know, that's a fair and balanced thing that they can do.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

My build for Blight is Tinker, Undying, Ruin and Discordance. Tinker and Discordance gives great info, once one of them pops off, I immediately drop chase and run to x Gen.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Just like Oni brought attention to unbreakable, Blight and his Undying brought attention to pounding through ruin/gens, even more so.

Undying + Ruin is the ultimate gamble. If Ruin goes first, you’re out 2 perks.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Blight has amazing map pressure.... if you're good at hitting rush attacks to get quick downs. Like chases should last 15-30 seconds max if you don't want to get gen rushed. If you're not hitting rushes and being an M1 Killer, then of course he's losing gens

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

You absolutly need his aura reading addon, otherwise it takes too long to find survivors. Ruin and Undying helps pretty much.