Too many survivors killing themselves on hook now.

Like really guys the amount of games I lost because someone was like "ew, I hate this killer and I don't wanna face against them so I gotta screw over the rest of my team by committing seppuku on hook to keep my honor!".

like really I know that a killer can be very annoying but screwing over the rest of your team is just an selfish act on your end.

Comments

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Which goes to show suicide isn't what comes with DC penalty. Cause there is no penalty, but I've also notice the high amount of suicides lately...

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

It's an online game. It's to be expected these days. I see it in every multiplayer game I play. Someones losing? DC. Someone didn't get what they want? DC. DbD example: Got hit first? DC. Don't like the killer? DC. It seems to be the mentality of many players now that if they don't have something go the way they want, they'll just quit. It makes zero sense because what do they really gain from leaving early? For all they know the match could turn around instantly. But I mainly feel sorry for the killer in these situations because at that point, if they continue as normal, they're in the wrong for playing. But if they don't, they lose pips, de-rank and that's not really fun for anyone.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Not much to screw over when your entire team is self caring against a sloppy butcher legion instead of doing gens. They are doing a good job of doing that to themselves.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited September 2020

I can't speak to why others die on the hook, but if I'm being face camped and I don't think the others can get me safely, I'm not going to be bait and get them killed. If they are still doing Generators, I'll hold out for as long as I can to help them with that. If the gates are open and I don't want them coming back, I'll take myself out. If I see the entire DAMN team running at once toward a camper, I will try to wave my arms to stop them, or take myself out. It depends. I want to maximize for the GROUP of Survivors.

I'd rather live, but if I know I'm not going to anyway and just take others with me, why would I do that?

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

People that want to leave will leave. Just how it is.

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158

I agree. Too many just dumb ass players now. Yesterday I got hooked very close to a gen where a teammate was working, Freddy went across entire map and was clearly chasing obsession and yet the teammate that was so close to me let me go into second state on first hook to finish the gen with no ruin btw. Other 2 teammates were far away. As soon as I hit struggle I let go. ######### teammates like that. I could understand if it was the last gen but we were on 4 gens left.

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

people play to have fun if they not having fun in a match its ultimately up to them. id suggest running a SWF team of four so you know they wont

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,386

I had a teammate self care in front of my hook and then instead of rescuing me he went right for the newly hooked survivor on the other side of the map.

• Moundshroud

Wow. Yeah, that sounds personal. Or they were in a SWF and you were the poor Solo who got Red Shirted into the group. That is one of the reasons I think Solo Que and Group Que should be distinct. They don't care about you.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Lemme give you an example of most of my games lately;

I load in, get killer to chase me, run for about 3min, 1 gen in done by my friend. The other 2 people? Console gamers crouching around

I dc or suicide on those wastes of time

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,386

In the endgame screen I saw a rank 18 player so it was likely part of a swf group, but I had a lot of games where survivors were really questionable.

Although I did have a swf group open the locker I was hiding in because I was trying to avoid Infectious Fright. Basically they got mad I wasn't trying to work on the last gen when the last 3 gens were too close together, the swf survivor was looping the oni around the gens, and ruin was up all game so no gen had any progress at this point. So I went looking for hatch.

I had the most score in the end, because despite them getting upset that I wasn't doing anything when the game was basically over I was pulling my own weight the rest of the game.

• iTsJustTooEasy
    iTsJustTooEasy Member Posts: 10

It’s just too hard to play survivor solo anymore. Survivors don’t do their damn job and it makes it impossible to stay motivated to keep playing once you get caught. It snowballs too fast in killers favor. And it’s not hard to find somebody 😡 they need to make it easier to hide on some of these maps

• Moundshroud

You mean you weren't doing your job as the Red Shirt to get hit so they could finish the Gen? How dare you! :) Yeah, I never understand how SWF let the Killer Gen-Lock them. They decide which Gens to do. It seems to be the key thing they do NOT coordinate well on. They either run around around as a group going from Gen to Gen furthest from the Killer and closest together, which automatically will create a 3-Gen, or they split up and work Gens without a plan at all.

*Caveat, not all SWF like this. The best of them, sadly, do have a plan for the Gens and use the 5th Perk Comms to make sure the Killer doesn't get the Gen-Lock.