Update has degraded play instead of enhance

So today I updated DBD on my switch. It had poor optimization already and now it’s dismal. Interacting with objects is a chore: to destroy pallets I have to be angled a certain way; opening lockers is a gamble, never mind trying to hook someone. I played six or so games and encountered the hook bug multiple times in each game. It’s frustrating when you’re standing in front of the hook for ten seconds and you can’t get the hook animation no matter how hard you try. And frame rate is so bad. The switch just can’t handle the load because one second you’re chasing after a survivor and the next you are twenty feet to the right facing a different direction. Try that in an enclosed space like cold wind farmhouse or red forests lodge...it’s enough to make you want to scream. No more killer for me until they get this fixed. It’s kinda ridiculous.

Comments

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Can you force the Switch to run the game at a lower resolution? maybe that helps?

Could also try to play only in docked mode.

• troublprone
    troublprone Member Posts: 13

I don’t think so. The update is required to be able to play so there’s no rolling back. I already tried it. Docked mode doesn’t improve FPS which is the biggest issue for consoles atm. It makes me wonder if the devs have tried to play their own game on the switch? Have they tried to flashlight blind a killer while playing on the switch? Its incredibly hard because the optimization wasn’t done right. And update just made things worse. Your POV jumps around so much that you feel like you aren’t in control anymore.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

If they have play-tested it, something must have happened with the general role-out. Was it tested out on all platforms? I cannot imagine they tested this version and thought "Well, that's good enough!".

Either something happened when the patch was rolled out live that caused problems, or it wasn't tested.

• leakerburns
    leakerburns Member Posts: 8

Yeah, i def prefer playing this game during the silent hill chapter. It was way smoother for switch. Playing killer is more stressful with certain bugs. I literally phased thru a dropped pallet earlier today and it was still unbroken despite triggering the smash pallet function. As for the hooking issue, try dropping the survivor and picking them back up. It should work after that.

• troublprone
    troublprone Member Posts: 13

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that, except it won’t work for those situations where the survivors have almost wiggles out. I guess I’ll be running iron grip now. Also, has anyone noticed the BBQ and BITTER MURMER no longer work as intended? I’m not getting auras from the trigger.