Moving to PC! (And a couple questions)

Options

So, great news, I'm moving to PC sometime around Christmas! I've only been able to play on mobile (Its been painful) but i'm finally getting to move to PC once I get a new laptop (this one has 4GB ram, and I can run like 3 games on it if even) so I had some questions about some game stuff.

1. So, it says it needs like 39GB to install, does anyone have an estimated file size (base game no dlc)
  2. what are some of the best/easiest key bindings. Like, just default, or what do you guys use?
  3. I've gotten a lot of mixed answers, but what are the killers and survivors that you start out with? cause i've heard people talking about console getting different/more killers at the beginning because they have to buy the 'deluxe version' or something along those lines.
  4. as I imagine that there's definitely a different play-style that accompanies PC/Console compared to mobile, what are some standards in terms of play-styles?
  5. does DLC usually go on sale? like, cyber monday, black friday, etc.
  6. final question, i'm basically a Jake/Nea main because I just really like their cosmetics, so does anyone have any in-game pics of Nea's Night Out hair from the Headcase DLC? it looks really pretty from what I've seen, but I've noticed that cosmetics can look different in the store compared to in a match. (also, the jake torso/shirt cosmetic with the leather vest/tattoos, was that a rift cosmetic or is that available in the in-game store, and if so is it shards or auric?)

Thank you all for your help in advanced πŸŽ‰

Comments

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

1) My DBD folder is 39Gb... I never realised!

3) Play the killer you like...

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options
    1. If 36GB is what its showing, then it must be the base game size of it.
    2. I use F for the struggling phase, and that's about it. But if you have a gaming mouse and you have those 2 buttons on the side of it, some people use the left-most side-button for skill checks.
    3. I say start with David, just so you get We're Gonna Live Forever. Level up everyone you have to 40 (to get all Teachables) and then only keep leveling up your main. If you want Prestige 3, then do your main first, and then start getting all the perks. It's a long road, but it's possible.
    4. Generally, PC/Console players are really toxic. Much more toxic than on the mobile version.
    5. Yes, they do.
    6. I don't know, I hope someone else can answer this for you!
  • LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Options

Thank you for your help! I have a standard logitech mouse (it might have side buttons for scrolling). I'l definitely look into leveling up david first then!

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

Great. I actually really want to help newer players to PC Dead by Daylight (or even those who just start the game, so if you have any questions, then you can let me know your Discord or anything)

Not trying to flex or anything, but I'm pretty sure I even know all the perks by head. So, just ask away!