The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What was the first killer that you bought?

I remember during the old legion times I bought the legion as my first killer because I was a noob and I heard they were OP

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Shape, that was the only one available to purchase at the time.

• Maxwell
    Maxwell Member Posts: 143

Micheal. Got a 4k my first time playing as him. Worth it.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,947

I mix that up sometimes I thought nurse was the first killer added to the game

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I bought more than one at the same time, I got doctor, CLown, and Myers

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Halloween Chapter. I was into the game and iirc he was the first DLC that cost money.

To be honest the DLC has never been an issue for me because I have stocks that give me dividends every quarter, and this game has chapters coming out about every 3 months so technically this game is free to play for me, I just have to shift things around every few months.

• Perfectnomad
    Perfectnomad Member Posts: 89

Halloween because I love Michael Myers, and it just went from there. I started a bit before Leatherface was new and I've picked up every DLC since.

• Vector7707
    Vector7707 Member Posts: 20

Michael Myers.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

Pig was the first killer I bought with real money, and Legion was the first I bought with iridescent shards

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

OG Captain Kirk

...looks like him, anyways

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Technically, Myers... but I didn't buy it for Michael, I bought it for DS (I used to be extremely toxic, even maining Nea. That's in the past, and I don't want to think about those times). I really don't buy killers, I buy survivors. I would say the first killer I bought (as in, go out for) was Ghostface (not even Leatherface, I bought the paragraph for the Dwight cosmetic when I was a Dwight main).

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I just checked. Apparently it was Freddy, Doctor, Myers, Hag and Leatherface all on the same day.

I got the game mid 2018 and I think those were on sale a few weeks later.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

Myers

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

Technically Ghost Face, but I was gifted the DLC and didn't buy him. The first one I bought with shards was Legion, and the first two I bought with auric cells were Myers/Bubba, I can't remember which one was first.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

Bought game when Nightmare released. Got adept with old Freddy. I'll feel good about that forever. Got him and Quentin to 50 before I played anyone else.

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

Legion.

Biggest mistake of my life.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

Daddy Myers.

The main reason I was attracted to this game.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

Pig

Oink

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I don't exactly remember, but it was either Myers or Clown (I'd originally started playing DbD about a month or two before Clown was released).

Though I got Hag and Doctor (and Nurse / Huntress) for free by virtue of buying the game on console, so I guess I technically "bought" them first.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 934

Bought Curtain Call the moment I heard there was a Clown in dbd. 🥴

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Clown. Ironically, I brought him for Kate, who ha seen my main ever since. After that - Spirit. First killer I bought just to play, and not because I even knew how strong she was. I just liked her in vids and thought "that sound fun." Then I got to mid/high ranks and found out that she was, in fact, one of the strongest killers in the game and that most spirits did not, in fact, know how to play her and just slapped on Stridor, thus giving me a bad name by proxy and earning me a buttload of hate just for playing my favourite killer.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

I bought this game because of mikey

• DrJohn
    DrJohn Member Posts: 223

Bubba. I'm a big fan of Texas Chainsaw Massacre

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Oni

I had the game gifted when Legion dropped.... And then was gifted GF after

But then I did buy Plauge... with Auric Cells

And Deathslinger... with shards

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

It was Legion when the game first came out on Switch. I waited over 30 minutes and never hit a lobby. I just don't have that kind of time to spare so never touched Legion (or any other killer) again for months. I felt so ripped off, lol. 😐

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Og freddy. My favorite freddy!

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

Myers. He wasn't the only option for me when I joined the game but he seemed quite strong at rank 12.

• Mellen
    Mellen Member Posts: 6

When Deathslinger came out, my friend started getting me into the game more. I watched a JFJ video of Deathslinger, which made him look immensely fun. So I bought the chapter, turns out he is my favorite killer now, and I feel like I can only play well with him now.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I don't actually know, to be honest.

It's been a while.

I do have all DLCs, but I actually have zero clue which one I got first. xD

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

The shape because it was the first licensed one.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

Wow im am not unique at all, I too first bought the Halloween DLC. But not because it was the first one that cost money, I didn't start playing until around the time they added DBD to gamepass so like a year a go. But I mean, Its Micheal ######### Myers! P3'd him too, didnt even have teachable unlocked until I leveled up doc for M&A to have a 0 terror radius back when that wasn't standard. The good old green rank days.....

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Well I brought the game so technically,I brought the original 6ix. Let's see there was Billy,Wraith,Trapper,Hag,Doctor, and Huntress , Then I brought Myers after a while good times.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    edited September 2020

Bubba, gotta have that bbq to manage the grind and Hag ofc for the good old ruin.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

The Shape back in 2016 right when he came out. I remember it being so scary. You only vs'ed Myers for 2 Weeks.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

When I first started DbD I began as an Ace main so TECHNICALLY Hag was the one I bought first.

• Doctor_Grizz
    Doctor_Grizz Member Posts: 85

Myers, since he was the only purchasable DLC at the time.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Myers, and the Killer I play almost exclusively in fact.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I believe it was the pig, I'm not 100% sure but I am a saw fan so probably it was her.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020

Hag and Deathslinger at the same time, just a couple of weeks ago.

I love Trapper, and I knew Hag played similar to him... so I went with her.

I picked up Deathslinger because he was also on sale and I love his concept... I've tried him a few times and I can still barely figure out which end of the gun shoots.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

pig, glad i did too cause shes one of my mains

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I had to go into my Steam purchase history to find the answer to this.

As you can see, Leatherface was the first killer I bought.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I also bought Freddy and now I have the full arsenal of killers. And this is my 1000th comment!! 😋

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2020

Leatherface. I bought the game a couple months after console launch and didn’t play that much until BBQ appeared in the Shrine for the first time. I bought the DLC after I barely missed it. The other chapters and skin packs followed.