Comments

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Prove Thyself buff from 10% to 15% for each survivor on a gen. This year

• jibbigibbles
    jibbigibbles Member Posts: 42
    Options

Play both sides regularly, I promise it's not as bad as your making it out to be

• BOT_Ethan
    BOT_Ethan Member Posts: 29
    Options

I don't know why there seems to be a debate over ques. Everyone I know has much shorter killer que compared to survivor ques, we all play on PC tho. And if you call hitbox bugs and server lags as nerfs, terror radius bugs(fixed) and DS bugs are absolutely more destructive nerfs of survivors, not to mention that sound bugs and laggy hits happen for both party. And every killer complaining about gen rush should question themselves if they all get first survivor down within 90s since the game starts, otherwise it's just ridiculous to accuse a survivor who spends 90s finishing a gen alone without toolbox to be toxic. You can always ask for a nerf of Prove Thyself and less survivors will bring it. But there are just too many killers who constantly ask for corruption/ruin/pop(they are all just fine for me by now, it would be another story if ruin goes down 30s after the games starts and yes that should be fixed somhow) buffs which allow killers to control the game pace automatically instead of admitting that they are bad.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,146
    edited September 2020
    Options

As a killer main. This is true, this is currently the time that it is the easiest for killer mains it has ever been. Remember this?

On that note though. The game is still survivor sided at high level optimal play. The problem is the game's current state is that, solo survivors are going to lose most of the time, and SWF kill squads are going to win most of the time. They need to do something to bring down the SWF kill squads and bring up the solo players. Easiest thing they can do is just make it so survivors can see the aura of all other survivors at all times, and give a totem counter. Then buff killers a bit to compensate.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

Ahh I see but you said you are playing at night so I mean. Getting insta queues rn

• ArcticWolf
    ArcticWolf Member Posts: 44
    Options

Other then myself i dont see anyone use it from playing both sides. So what other buffs did surviors get? I took a year long break and started playing again when PH came out.

• xavyq_
    xavyq_ Member Posts: 6
    Options

Survivor queue times are insanely fast for me and the game is the most balanced it has ever been in the last 4 years. The only issue with the game right now is the state of the game itself, for both sides. In balance terms, the devs are doing a great job.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    Options

Oh look another killer main ignorant of the many survivor nerfs weve ad to adapt to. Lemmy guess, a camper who used Noed to get his kills? We wont miss you and queue times are just fine. BYE

• Murd3rousClyd3
    Murd3rousClyd3 Member Posts: 71
    Options

I'm a killer main with roughly 1800 hours playtime. I started when the game first came out.

Go look up YouTube videos from 3-4 years ago, because you OBVIOUSLY weren't there. It is sooooo much easier for us killer mains these days.

Get better at the game maybe? Spend less time here, and more in game?

P.S. My main is Huntress, followed by Trapper, so you REALLY have no reasons to be crying here. I barely get chances to play anymore, and still do well.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

I mostly agree. Queue times are hit or miss with me. Some quick, some slow.

Killers definitely have it easier than they ever have.

• AestheticCharms
    AestheticCharms Member Posts: 136
    Options
  • The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I am not too concerned with losing since I'm a baby nurse. I'm more focused on improving my blinks.

This is where I wish MMR was working so my baby nurse could go up against other players around my skill level with nurse.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

Yeah but their mmr was scuffed and even after the 10 games there was no improvement. The devs are very amateur and it shows.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
    Options

Start off by patrolling. Get a hit on your first survivor at least, if they're at a strong area, leave, you don't have time for that right now. Survivors usually spawned grouped together so spread as much damage as possible. This either halves your next chase time with them or they spend 25 seconds doing off gens. That's already at least 50% of the team down for a little while or a chance to snowball later. Get your first hook and go back to where you saw them last or any gens that are close by/you know were being worked on and stop it. Around this time you should start getting more downs but lose a gen or two. This is fine, since it's normal to lose your early gens when you have no map pressure. Keep harassing survivors, slug them if there's a nearby team-mate, undo all their healing progress by smacking the whole team. A good killer punishes mistakes and uses their power in creative and efficient ways. Reading the survivors is a huge skill cap that will always help you immensely. It's all about having the shortest chases possible, this is why Spirit and Nurse are the best in the game. This is just basic pressure tips, anyone can do this.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    Options

what are you talking about? was doctor, freddy, bubba, and soon clown being buffed/reworked all in my dreams? were map sizes and gen speeds being decreased just a rumor? toolbox nerfs and soon to be key nerfs? plague buff? the introduction of the last few high tier killers? small trapper, legion, and clown buffs and QOL updates until the eventual buffs for all of them? killer perk buffs?

you're listing off TECHNICAL PROBLEMS. yeah, this game has a ######### ton, no surprise. the foundation for this game is a rickety mess. but why sit around and complain like the devs constantly cater to survivors when they literally help killers every patch and mid chapter. get real. am killer main btw.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

No they're not delusional. The game hasn't been easier for killer than it is now. When you say you're chasing survivors for a minute and then gens pop, where do you find this survivor? Are they working on a gen or in the open? If it's he second option you shouldn't really be prioritising them just hit them once and go to your gens, because if you're chasing some random guy across the map for 60 seconds and not chasing survivors off gens you're telling them that you don't care if those gens pop for free. New ruin paired with hex undying is a pretty great combo for most killers. For Huntress you probably want to use corrupt and/or pop it's what I use. Right from the start of the game you need to be pressuring gens and getting a snowball rolling, you don't have old ruin to rely on anymore. Also yes there are times when this game is complete BS and just doesn't want you to win no matter what you do, but most of the time it's because you're making mistakes and refuse to acknowledge that. Whether it's your playstyle, your build etc...

• Endstille
    edited September 2020
    Options

Dude, my comment was sarcasm due to the botb tournament where you could see very high skilled players play, thing is that even the nurse with a 3 gen can be overcome by survivors. Usually they took a big dump on everything but nurse/spirit. So even with hiding while corrupt intervention they got out around the 8 minute mark. So that means 6 minutes to complete the gens and open the gates and getting out. You can watch the vod's on twitch in hexy's channel.

Do me a solid, get a couple of mates, play with them on a regular basis, optimize your builds so you do not run all the same perks and just do the gens and get out. Even tho you can read alot from people on the forums, 95-99% of killers will not be able to keep up and do anything against that. That is when you are not complete potatoes being able to last longer than 20-40s in a chase each against any killer. Tell me whether you will have the same results.

When it is so easy to do this as survivor, that you can even predrop all the pallets than there is something off regarding balance.

No worries I know how to play as killer and will have my wins. Yet I have been doing that with friends (play optimal) the results you get with that are hilarious to say the least.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020
    Options

I just wish they would let killers run custom maps by themselves or allowed games with really dumb bots to practice on. I'm a Hag/Trapper main trying to branch out and my first few games as Deathslinger might as well just be Generator Simulator for 3 players while I helplessly chase one trying to figure out which end of the gun shoots.

I will say though, I did enjoy seeing someone teabag... only to shoot them, drag them out of the finish gate, and hook them. Pro-Tip: Don't teabag Deathslinger in the exit gate while Injured. That was probably the most satisfying sacrifice in DBD.

BTW: I'm being put against Rank 4-8s despite being Rank 13 with instant queue... there's clearly less killers than groups of 4 survivors, at least on PC late at night.

Post edited by UMCorian on
  • BubbaMain64
    Options

I'm not brain-dead, I know it is. But the thing is that's not the majority of games. The tournament is not indicative of regular dbd gameplay. Survivors CAN overcome a nurse with a 3 gen, yes, but that's because they played well. I once played Demo with Zanshin Tactics for a day and won a majority of my matches at red ranks. That doesn't make the perk good. Tournaments are suppose to be sweaty and intense, they're playing to win. If 95% of killers all around the world cannot prevent survivors from escaping, then survivors would escape almost all the time. Which means no killers would even play and there wouldn't be a DBD to even play. The problem is people walk around the fact that they lost and don't want to improve. They want easy 4ks and when they're not handed that it's because of this or that. If a killer cannot create enough pressure to get survivors off the gens, then they suck.

• Endstille
    Options

I think you are generalizing too much when it has been shown that literally the best players can not keep survivors off of gens and arrive at a wrong conclusion. Even the best killers are hardly able to keep players off of gens so stating people suck when not being able to do that is not the best argument.

It is kinda odd, that you judge people based on assumptions with little to no knowledge about them at all. They just want easy 4ks, right, survivors do not want easy 4escapes. They just play super easy mode "swf" because they want such a challenge when running all meta perks.

You didn't understand the part about the tournament, when you actually play against good survivors, even the best killers will struggle to get a single kill. When you play with friends the same way, you will beat most of the killers which I have done in the past. The problem is that this becomes super boring that is the reason why people do start to troll the killer or their teammates. This is also a reason why I said go ahead and play like that and tell me at which results you do arrive. You will see that most red rank survivors simply should not be where they are as this playstyle almost makes the entire killer roster useless, imagine that just due to playing a certain way.

Just because we get matched with boosted people lots of times, does not mean that balance is achieved. It just shows how bad most of the players actually are and that the ranking system is in need of a massive rework. I actually wonder about the distribution of ranks on the normal playerbase like how many are red;purple,green and yellow because it does not take lots of dedication and skill to be in the highest achievable rank at all.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

What did they Nerf??? They've literally made the maps smaller recently to give killers like huntress without mobility more of a chance, added breakable walls to help shut down some tough loops, reworked some of the maps and general game health for killers and I've been getting nice 4ks on my huntress. Not sure why you're complaining about balance... The hatchet thing is justified but they're aware or just fixed it. I forgot somewhere in the patches it was mentioned something about hatchets.

• TheRiddler19789
    Options

I agree as a killer you are so overpowered i think it is ridiculous! Also you killers wine about everything and most of you are ok but as a rank 1 survivor for years now! I guess i get so tried of you guys complaining about everything , i have played and ran the heck out of most killers and in the same token got my butt handed to me before as well maybe your just not as good as you thought you were! Get over it and get better lol!

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

Dude DBD has never been more balanced than it is now. My qeues are near instant both as Killer and Survivor.

I admit we´re not quite there yet but the history of changes clearly shows they are working towards better balance.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482
    Options

uhhh ok bye. Mr. I Think Killer Is So Hard To Play even though it's obviously not.

• juvia
    juvia Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2020
    Options

I think it depends on the killer having skillz. Cause 90 percent of the time I don't escape cause killers have the advantage in many many ways. YOU MIGHT Just need to practice more 🤷🏻‍♀️ @LUFANATI

Hows that make me a self own 🤔

Post edited by juvia on
  • Lufanati
    Lufanati Member Posts: 198
    Options

Soul guard and head-on are widely used for good reason.

• Lufanati
    Lufanati Member Posts: 198
    Options

people have a very hard time with nuance on this forum, it seems. Another good point, to add to your's, is that even if it is easier to play killer now more than ever, it doesn't mean that it isn't more buggy and frustrating. The ridiculous slew of actually game-breaking bugs, that overwhelming are a detriment to killers, is just totally demoralizing. Especially in combination with the innate difficulty of playing killer.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited September 2020
    Options

lmao, no, they aren't.

Soul Guard I've never seen procked against me once, and head on isn't used because it's good, it's used because it's funny to stun the killer when they don't expect it.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    edited September 2020
    Options

Wrong.

That was not a buff. General repair efficiency whilst working on a gen together was reduced (nerfed) , therefore, the prove thyself numbers got tweaked in order to maintain the old 100% efficiency with 2 survivors on a gen. With 3 or 4 survivors the efficiency is actually still lower than old prove thyself, so overall it's actually a nerf - same efficiency for 2 survs and lower efficiency for 3 and 4 survs.

Try again.

@ArcticWolf FYI.

• AceOfSpades1773
    AceOfSpades1773 Member Posts: 74
    Options

okay

• Artemis_LH
    Artemis_LH Member Posts: 113
    Options

Posts like this are embarrassing to us killers who actually took the time to get good at this game.

Survivor queue times are shorter than ever and playing as killer has never been easier.

Quit blaming the game. It won't compensate for the skill you clearly lack.

Especially since the devs have been showing immense amounts of love and favour towards us killers lately.

So if you're truly 'done with this game' then I'm glad. Please go.

Maybe we won't have to see you post stupid ######### like this again.

• BubbaMain64
    Options

But the point is you're not always playing against the best of the best. Should good survivors die for playing good?? You have to force mistakes as killer and punish them for it. If survivors could still die while playing perfectly then the game is still unbalanced. If you cannot muster up enough pressure to push survivors off gens then you deserve to lose. The game should NOT be balanced towards the 1% because the majority is casual. Sure I could start a sweat squad that splits on 3 gens and pre-throws every pallet to deny the killer any injure states with full meta, but I don't want to. I want to have fun so I play the game to do so. That is the majority of players. If you find escaping the sole purpose and only fun in the game then that's on you. Out of all 2 years I've played killer I've only ever run into 6 ACTUAL sweat squads. Not just trolls bming the whole time. Actual tournament squads that end the game in 4 minutes. The skill difference is immense and I'm usually lucky to get 2 kills during those matches; unless I'm playing Spirit or Nurse (which I never do). The best players still make mistakes. Go watch any streamer and you'll see them mess up a bunch in the matches that they lose. I generalize it because a majority of people, cannot for the life of them, just say "I played bad that game, I'll do better next time." It's always "I lost because of this perk" or "I lost because they're swf". This is op and that is too weak, etc. Sometimes if you're playing on Ormond with Legion or Wraith, and they have all the op things like keys, then yeah sure, you're not wrong. But most of the time you had an opportunity to win at some point.

• WheatleybySatellite
    Options

Not even remotely close to a helpful reply, just me joining the bandwagon. Survivour queues are incredibly short in my region nowadays too. Me and my mate used to expect a good 5 minutes or more between SWF games, now we barely get to finish a bloodweb before we're paired up. So I'd say there is definitely no shortage of killers playing.

• Hero_awesome
    Hero_awesome Member Posts: 301
    Options

I'll Agree that it's not bad for killers but still the only thing I complain about is genrushing. It's clearly still a issue and that's all I have to say. Give us something for that and I'll be happy.

• Chilidawg
    Chilidawg Member Posts: 58
    Options

My queues are pretty fast at red rank for survivor. If they are THAT long i'll just take your spot in the killer queue i guess?

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Get better internet if thats happening. you're mad survivors arent being punished by you having a crap connection

• Endstille
    edited September 2020
    Options

Good survivors should have to sweat their ass of close to the same amount that killers have to sweat in order to win. We saw what happens when survivors play near perfect, sad story for the killers, this was with restrictions on the survivor and killer side regarding addons and perks.

How does this argument make sense to you? Ofc the game has to be balanced to the 1% and not the majority, because the majority of people are casuals and noobs and bad at the game we balance around them so that the 1% breaks the game entirely? There is not a single game out there where the majority of people are not casuals, okay maybe MMOs yet there too it will be balanced around the people with no life and a concerning amount of hours. You should understand that balance works for both sides and not just one. This is the normal process for game balance otherwise you end up with a completely broken product which can not be enjoyed once you are good at it due to too much stuff being broken. Like seriously do you think that is a good idea? How does it not make sense to take advantage of the expertise from the top 1%? In starcraft 2 99% of the players have no trouble to enjoy the game even tho while it is balanced for the top 1% same story for mobas or other games.

I mean lets balance around the casuals, you think it is good to slow down killers? There was a thread saying killers are op due to the extreme speed, especially trapper and clown. Do you think it is a good idea to make them go at 98%? No? How come? Because you are not a casual noob and have experience and can tell that this is a horrible idea but those are the people you want the game to be balanced around. WHY?

So you tell me I should intentionally play bad, in order to have fun? Seems like topnotch balance my dude. You do not adjust balance because players are bad at the game but for the people to have a fair ground. When you can break balance just with a playstyle, it is off.

@Accullla

Fine, for the sake of it lets take the medkit changes. Septic was buffed without a doubt, granting portable bt, still enabling you to reset a chase and even granting protection against all instadowns be it ability, addon or perk a killer can bring.

• Accullla
    edited September 2020
    Options

You talk about the 1% and referred to the tournament. It was designed to be entertaining and then competitive, thus killer was restricted a lot more than survivor. If people were simply allowed to slug, you'd have seen way different results. The thing is that no one wants to watch 3 people crawl on the ground. Even despite that aside from the last two teams matches ended up being quite balanced (killers won pretty much as often as they lost).

Do you really consider yourself to be at the top 1% of players skill wise? Even after 10 levels of devotion I still don't think I'm amazing at the game and yet I have no problem winning most of my killer and survivor matches without having to try too hard. If you struggle so much, it means you're just going against people who are better than you. Try not to sweat for a few gaims and you'll eventually get slotted with people around your skill level (if the matchmaker ever worked, anyway).

Granted, there is quite a lot of RNG in the game and some matches are pre-determined by that, but RNG goes both ways.

Regarding the styptic comment - this is a weird one. In some instances it's stronger and in some others it's weaker. It's too situational to call it a buff or a nerf.The thing is, it now has a decent amount of counterplay, which it was lacking before. If you look at it alongside the syringe change though (both addons were changed in the same patch). It's an overall nerf

• Endstille
    Options

Actually it is hard to tell which side was more restricted at least from my point of view on the matter as some killers were allowed to run all addons for example while others were not. Survivor had restrictions even on perks so that you do not get to see 4 people running ds/unbreakable for example. So I would honestly have to look up the rules but from a gut feeling it seems survivor was more restricted.

By the way slugging was allowed and done several times in the games, killers often unable to even find all of the slugged survivors again so there is that.

I do not consider myself to be top 1% in dbd, I feel that I get matched badly. Most of the time what I see are boosted survivors where I honestly do not understand how they even end up in red ranks to begin with. The problem is I don't feel like I win because I am good but because the other side is bad at the game. That is me playing superfair as killer, giving free unhooks, letting people go out of basement for free, giving hatch and to the point of dropping survivors so they can go unhook because I do not want to end the match that early. Do you remember a point back in dbd where you were r1 and didn't exactly want to play the new killer there because you are inexperienced with his power and also have no perks? Well some challenges required you to play "wraith" for example and even with just predator result is a 4k.

You have a higher devotion compared to me, yet when you say you are not amazing at the game, I assume you feel somehow the same as me regarding that. I just feel when played with 3 mates that survivor is still way too easy compared to killer, even when killers bring moris and go full sweat. I just want to have fun in the game again not being bored stomping people who I shouldn't be matched against in the first place. I hope this helps to understand my viewpoint on the matter better.

• SimplyNotFun
    SimplyNotFun Member Posts: 70
    Options

It’s actually almost every survivor game that I go into where the killer just absolutely destroys survivors. If they make either the killer stronger or the survivors weaker, the survivors won’t stand a chance unless they are a complete 4 man squad. That’s unrealistic to balance the game that way because not often are many people playing with full squads. I have been playing this game long enough to know that. Killers got it too easy imo. I can live stream for you if you’d like. Way too easy for killers 😉 it just takes a good headset and some map knowledge and awareness and you’re getting 3-4K every game. Its amazing people still think killers need to be buffed

• SimplyNotFun
    SimplyNotFun Member Posts: 70
    Options

So I say welcome To dbd new guy

its rough at first, I know. You think playing killer you feel underpowered, but you’re not. you’ll get the hang of it. Just keep trying baby rank 20 killer 😏😏😏

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 81
    Options

I'll just say a balance game as killer doesn't mean "I get 4K easy in every game" as most of killers think... This game isn't competitive, sometimes it's about luck, about RNG, about a wrong decision, about your hex totems dissapear in 30 seconds, about a map that doesn't fit your killer... and more. Play killer is easiest than ever, complainings are out of discussion.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited September 2020
    Options

@Moxormog

You keep nerfing and destroying killers each patch.

Nothing but buffs for killers since ages. Stop lying.

I'm so over doing a barely 1 minute chase in the beginning of the match to have two gens pop off because I don't have corruption or using ruin (When it doesnt get cleansed in the first 30 seconds).

Play better. Cool advise from me: Play survivor to get better as killer. Know your enemy.

You've literally ruined huntress. Every other game I am having hatchets that are not connecting when it clearly hits the survivor (with a blood splash)?????

??? Stop spreading lies.

The amount of idiotic sound bugs that makes it nearly impossible to track survivors or when gens are being worked on.

Terrible for both sides. Had games where i could not hear terror radius as survivor at all.

almost 2k hours as a killer but I can't handle the amount of abuse and disregard Behavior has towards its killer playerbase.

Completly redicilous. all they do is buffing killer on every front.

But, hey, at least you have your 2-3 killer main streams in a sea of [BAD WORD] survivor streamers on Twitch.

There are many killer mains on twitch, stop exaggerating.

Survivors, you keep wondering why your que times are so long?...

Do you really have to wonder??????

Killer queue time: ~1-2 minutes

Survivor Queue time: 5-10 seconds

Yes, right, survivor quese are the problem...

If you would play Survivor every once in a while you would not embarrass yourself with your lack of knowledge.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

I've been watching and playing this game for nearly three years. Losing 1-2 gens early isn't the END of the game. I've seen killers turn things around with 1 gen left and I've seen no more gens pop after those initial 2 gens. If you get discouraged after two gens and start to play halfhearted, then you're already defeated. This game is easier than it has ever been for killers. Not saying it is easy but with each patch and map rework it gets much easier and more fair.

• Accullla
    Options

Ugh.. I wrote a long reply and it didn't go through.

I understand you better now, thank you for explaining. I still don't fully agree - I truly believe that what you described is not due to game balance, ut due to the fact that you're rarely matched with people at the same level as you. I always think about the impossible trilemma in this context: precise matchmaking, decent ping or quick lobbies - qou can have any 2, but not all 3. Currently the priority seems to be ping and lobbies, meaning that your matches won't be fair most of the time.

In my personal experience: for a while now I play kyf a lot more than public games. My friends and I are all around the same level and whenever we play seriously (regardless if I'm playing survivor or killer), I can always name the exact plays (or misplays) from either side that determined the outcome of the match. I don't think it gets any fairer than that.

Regarding the tournament - I think they were allowed to slug for the 4k (to get hook points for the last surv and deny them the escape points) ,but not during the actual match. I do remember the game you're referring to where the last person bled out

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

now thats just not true.

granted, bugs are annoying. im totally with you on this one, but have you been around a few years ago? ya know, when killers actually had it hard? cause given your complaint i highly doubt that.

killer has never been easier to play.

yes, genrush can be bad, but given that thats beel like that back then aswell (even worse, actually), you cant say that its now worse than before when literally nothing changed - well, nothing but changes to actually fight it that is (ya know, toolbox rework, BNP rework, perk adjustments such as leader, that kinda stuff)

also, yeah Cannibal / Doctor / Freddy are literally unplayable after their rework. they should just undo those extremely survivor sided changes immediately and let us play the old versions we all knew and loved. (/s)

if you struggle, that may not be because the "game is heavily survivor sided", as you seem to imply here, but maybe you gotta get better? adapt to changes, learn new tactics / abilities and how to counter them properly.

personally i dont have much of a problem playing rank 1 killer matches - im at a point where i rarely ever use Add Ons to begin with (unless the killer is super Add On dependend that is - e.g. Trapper and Wraith)