An actual reasonable nerf to 3 man and 4 man SWF's

Options

Allow the use of only 2 of the same perks among them. This way, killers don't have to worry about 4 DS, DH, BT, and Unbreakables. Coms is already an incredibly useful tool. It becomes increasingly unfair when they bring 4 of the same perks that erase their mistakes.

Are these teams impossible to beat? Absolutely not. However, you really don't know what kind of team you're facing and I'm typically not the type of person who wants to bring the most broken builds on every single killer on every single game.

We have to admit that there are some killers and killer builds that are very oppressive towards solo quers. If this rule is implemented, it will definitely help to balance the scale a little bit and lessen the need for sweaty killer builds.

Comments

• BOT_Ethan
    BOT_Ethan Member Posts: 29
    Options

plausible

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

We can have this rule apply to certain perks or you guys can just alternate using that perk between games.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,198
    Options

This will just make people stop playing the second they realize they can't play whatever they want, and also you're not thinking it through very well because if the devs start balancing around this idea then when solo players come into your lobby they will all run every second chance and broken perk possible , also what's stopping them from running whatever they want and just getting on comms with the other survivors in the lobby when they load in? In my opinion there should be more to the game than what's currently there and there should be more interactable objects it's starting to whittle away to where there is no fun because of how stale the objectives are...this game needs something more than what it's currently offering or I see it dying in 2 more years because by then another game like it will be out on a next gen console, but hopefully the devs figure a way to majorly improve the overall experience and we're all still here talking about it when that comes

• Slickstyles
    Options

I'd rather have a 4 solo quer's with the same broken second chance perks than a SWF with those same second chance perks. Hell, I've gotten those lobbies before and the uncoordinated plays were a lot easier to deal with.

You're also saying that players will add each other on steam and then dm each other their discords so they can VC within the time span of 1 minute? That will never happen and it's a very unreasonable thought process.

As to your third point about this game dying and more interaction, go make your own post on that. This is about nerfing SWF's. Stop hijacking the thread to make this about what you want out of this game.

• The_Krapper
    Options

People used to leave every lobby until they found one with friends before swf was even here , or have you not even been here long enough to know that? what's stopping this from happening?

• The_Krapper
    Options

I'm not hijacking anything and I can have whatever ######### opinion I want, deal with it

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

"what's stopping them from running whatever they want and just getting on comms with the other survivors in the lobby when they load in?" I was talking about this cr*p you said, not about friends trying to be on the same lobby lol you're funny

• The_Krapper
    Options

I'm just stating "if" you made this nerf , you would restart that old trend and have what I'm talking about happen, you're crazy if you don't think survivors would find a way to exploit that

• Slickstyles
    edited September 2020
    Options

You're saying that people would actually go out of their way to do this instead of readjusting? That takes time and that's time that they can actually play the game. Also, when people did this, the game was region locked with a much smaller playerbase. Let's not ignore the details.

• The_Krapper
    Options

People did it then and they would do it again is what I'm getting at and it would overall make the que times go up, I'm not saying your idea is terrible it's just something that people will find a way to ######### up so they can have it their way just like before

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

You can't penalize ppl for playing with each other.

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376
    Options

I've said it before and will say it again, tweak the RNG for SWF instead. fewer pallets, chests, gens a bit closer, etc...

gives the same game experience but makes the match harder to survive unless you have comms

• Slickstyles
    Options

And who cares about those people? They're small and few so they will not impact que times. You're talking about the 1% so it's a nonissue. The majority would just readjust and the overall health of the game would definitely improve with these changes.

• Slickstyles
    Options

I think this will require more resources and effort on the part of BHVR so they will probably never go this route.

It's more of a limitation rather than a penalty but I get what you're saying. Friends can still have fun playing and laughing together. This is more punishing towards 4 man sweat squads more than anything.

• The_Krapper
    Options

Hey that's your opinion and you're entitled to have one, I'll just say I've got 9000 hours in this game I've seen every single up and down it's ever had , I wouldn't put anything past this community

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options

this is so flawed

1) you cant nerf swf without nerfing solo, so the only solution is to buff solo and then buff killers accordingly

2) with this killers can just tunnel off hook with a 5050 chance of eliminating someone early and getting a free win

3) applying this to all perks would just be stupid, if bhvr for some reason did limit this to certain perks it would still be dumb im gonna use ds as an example once ds receives its rework into an actual anti tunnel perk, it will be used for defensive plays to not give killers the option to do scummy plays to get a quick win with this your essentialy encouraging tunneling and camping

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,632
    Options

I am not playing in 3 or 4 man SWFs currently (only 2 man SWF), but lets say another friend of mine starts playing DBD so that we are at least a 3 man SWF.

And because I want to play with my friends, I cannot use the Perks I have on my Characters? Where I spent money on to get them? And time to get them on my Characters?

Yeah, sounds great. /s

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

But the 4 swf ds unbreakable adrenaline squad will lose their mind that killer got buffed we see how they react to pyramid head and sprit

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options
  • Slickstyles
    edited September 2020
    Options
    1. This is specifically for SWF's and will have no effect on people who solo.
    2. Killers don't already do that? If you have 3 man SWF, 2 players can have DS and the solo que player can have DS. You're only removing DS from one person. Like I previously mentioned, it's to prevent a 4 man swf with coms from using the same 4 second chance perks that removes all of their mistakes.
    3. DS is an antimomentum perk and my bet is that they will never change this. Let's say a killer does choose to tunnel one player. You still have BT and camaraderie at your disposal to pull off the win.

Chances are that if your friend is new, they won't be playing with every single perk available. 2 players in your SWF can still use 2 of the same perks and this is not really that limiting in a 3 man SWF setting.

• Kumnut768
    Options

i dont think you realise how strong tunneling is as a strategy if you get someone out of the game before 2 gens are done you have won the match, and you would have to be really really bad to ######### it up

• Slickstyles
    Options

You would also have to ######### up really bad to not do 2 gens before someone is tunneled out of the game while having DS, BT, and camaraderie at your disposal, especially in a SWF setting. I hope you wrote this knowing full well that solo quers will be unaffected by this rule even if they get in a que with a 3 man SWF. This rule does NOT affect 2 man SWF's.

• Kumnut768
    Options

so what your saying is you want killers to be encouraged to play in a very unfun way for both sides instead of just taking the right road by bringing solo queue up to swf then buffing killer

• Slickstyles
    Options

The only thing I'm encouraging is leveling the playing field between sweaty 3-4 man SWF's and killers. Stop putting words in my mouth. The game already encourages the killer to play in an unfun way. Until DBD fixes its core mechanics, this will never change.

Killers will not know whether they're playing a stacked 4 man swf with 2 DS or two groups of 2 man SWF's/solo quers with 4 DS. Most players play this game solo or in 2 man SWF's so the majority of the playerbase won't be affected by this rule. Therefore, most killers will still play the same as they always have whether it be fair or borderline scummy.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    Options
  • Kumnut768
    Options

nerfing swf wont and shouldnt happen

bringing solo up to swf is the right way not restricting players access to the meta perks just because they wanted to play with friends

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427
    Options

So if all of mt friends decided to use self care or use no mither or the two togheter we cant or even if we would use dead hard

i wanna have fun with my friends and dont discuss about howw shoud use DS UB DH BT Spiny chill Resilience self care adrenaline

• Slickstyles
    edited September 2020
    Options

This man loves to shove words in people's mouths or assume people are saying one thing when they mean something else. This isn't really a nerf. It's a restriction. You can STILL use FOUR META perks. I can think of 10 different meta perks off the top of my head. DH, DS, OoO, BT, SB, UB, IW, Addy, Deliverance, and Spine Chill.

It's going to take a lot of time for them to bring solo up to swf. Until then, this restriction should be in place because it's easier to implement. It's to limit the amount of second chance perks because there can be 16 in a single lobby. As killer, you can play the best game of your life but you can just get outperked by a sweaty SWF lobby WITH coms.

Personally, I 3/4 man swf with friends very often because I do not enjoy playing with randoms who play like bots. We all run fun different perk builds and we still win over 90% of our games. Coms is an incredibly powerful tool that many players underestimate.

Recently, we played against a Hag main who typically 4k's in all of their games. I know this because I check their stream and their vods. They only only got 2 hooks by the time all gens were powered in our match, with only a few second chance perks in play. I'm glad my group didn't bring a sweaty build because the killer didn't bring one himself, which kept the game fun and fair for both sides.

Post edited by Slickstyles on
  • maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251
    Options

We could go further man.

There should be a common perks pool that can be equipped by every survivors (same for killers).

Character's perks should not be "learnable" by other survivors.

Exemple : if you want sprint burst, you have to play Meg but then you can't use Dead Hard or Unbreakable etc...

Same for killers.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    Options

Have they ever released survival rates w/ SWF vs. not?

I'm genuinely curious. I've never played this game with friends, but others I have - my win rate plummeted whenever I played with a few, because we'd just be shooting the #########, talking about things not related to the game... and this game, where subtle noise queues can mean the differences between a 4K and a Displeased Entity, I can't imagine I'd do well with my friends. haha

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191
    Options

I disagree there should be no nerf instead buff the solos instead. The swf isn't invincible some killers just suck whenever I played swf someone always died I think when you go against swf you should consider who the runners are and who are the gen rushers. Most of the time you lose because you go after the runners instead of seeking out the people who are finishing gens while you are distracted.

• Kumnut768
    Options

so i cant run ds to not get tunneled out the game because two of my friends are running it, seem legit

• Slickstyles
    Options

I disagree with this greatly as someone who plays both sides. I already have teachables on my survivor/killer mains and this removes all synergy with perks from this game, making it a lot less fun.

You pretty much commented without reading anything. If you reread the posts, I pretty much addressed everything you talked about. I never said SWF's were invincible.

• Slickstyles
    Options

Have them run BT. Did you see any of my friends run DS? I've been tunneled out of the game before even when I ran DS and my friends had BT. Killers are going to tunnel regardless of what perks you bring. You don't even bring up what killers have to deal with in any of your posts which is what I'm trying to address. Your arguments are incredibly onesided.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Most 3 and 4 man's just wanna have fun, so they're likely not all running DS Unbreakable, and against the ones that are actually sweating, they will beat you anyway because the perks don't matter against survivor teams like that. You'd still probably lose even if they ran no perks, Marth's depip squad is a perfect example of this.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Thats the problem, seems that they dont want this game to be survivor sided. All what we got its perk bandaids instead of a mechanic solution like when you unhook entity protect the surv cuz its not fun. So BT and Ds would be unnecessary but also nerfing survs.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

This is definitely not the solution. It doesn't solve the issue of 4-man SWF all running the same meta perks.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

The only way you can balance SWF is balancing the game around it. If you remove SWF you'll remove most of the playerbase.

• Slickstyles
    Options

You're absolutely correct about most SWF's just wanting to have fun. My swf is an example of this. However, I'd rather play against a sweat squad w/o perks or w/o 4 DS/BT/UB/DH and still lose because at least I got outskilled and not outperked, despite the game being more survivor sided. Wouldn't you?

Noone mentioned removing SWF. You're barking up the wrong tree.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    edited September 2020
    Options

I don't think you have a good grasp of what I'm saying or you don't understand how the game changes with slight tweaks.

Right now, we are killing solo play with each chapter released. Thus pushing people into SWF. For every claim about survivors using meta perks there is a counter claim about killers doing the same. For every complaint about BT, DS, and Unbreakable there is a prime example of why those perks are in the game.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen a killer respond to a post complaining about camping by saying to run DS and BT, "...that's what they're for...." Only to turn around and cry fowl at everyone running DS and BT.

On the rare occasion that I feel like torturing myself, I'll play survivor. Inevitably I face match after match of tunneling stooges, but I hate running DS or BT. So, I have little defense other than to loop, then the killer complains about loops.

You want to stop worrying about SWF? Simple, buff killer. Make them able to pressure maps and end loops faster. For instance, every time the killer is DS'D he gains a slight percentage to breaking pallets, kicking gens and stun reduction. Call in a rage factor that grows every time it happens.

In order to do this, you have to throw some love to solo survivors as well though. Give them some more information. Give them a totem counter so they can see how many are left. Give them the ability to see the killer's aura near a hooked survivor, etc.

Nerfing has gotten us into this hole to begin with. You start punishing friends for playing together, you might as well shut down the game.

• ZaPe
    ZaPe Member Posts: 32
    Options

This man deserves all the upvotes, this sounds amazing.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    Options

BHVR has to balance repair speed based on ranks (faster repairs for rank 20 slower for rank 1) just add another 5% repair penalty for each member in your swf ... you play only with your buddy = 5% slower repairs for you (cuz sharing information between 2 people is not as strong) you play with 4 players thats a -15% speed for everyone.

Simple solution.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    edited September 2020
    Options

You can NOT nerf survive with friends. You can not punish people for playing with their friends. Stop thinking that nerfing them is the answer. It's not. It never has been, and it never will be.

The correct answer is to balance everything else around it.

Please don't speak for everyone. I rather like going against Pyramidhead.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2020
    Options

Dont expect help from BHVR (lookin back at past years they tried to remove ranks "cuz they dont matter" to fed new Killers into red rank deathsquad and before we could tell if its a swf and the changed the system so we no longer can tell if it is swf or randoms.

The best thing you can do is stay away from red ranks (most tryhard swf sit there).