The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Best Survivor/Killers to purchase

PotatoPat
PotatoPat Member Posts: 13

Hey all,

Looking for some advice on what survivors/killers should be purchased first?

Currently on a vanilla account.

Comments

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    edited September 2020

For survivor the only DLC you need is Halloween for DS, the rest are free teachables

For all the meta killer perks you will need Clown for PGTW, Hag for Ruin, Plague for Corrupt Intervention and Infectious, and Leatherface for BBQ if you don't want to spend five million years grinding bloodpoints.

I recommend getting BBQ and Chili even if you plan on playing mostly survivor as playing killer with the perk is by far the fastest way to level any character.

If you want strong killers Spirit, Freddy, Oni, and Hag are all great options.

So in my opinion Halloween chapter, then Hag chapter, then Plague, then you can pick and choose.

• PotatoPat

Thanks for that.

I am strongly favoring getting Laurie for DS first. What are your thoughts on Ming (for lithe)?

• RepostRiposte

Yeah I would recommend Halloween chapter first, once you have it you are set for survivor and Myers has some fun perks too, though is not the strongest killer.

People play Feng not because her perks are particularly good but just because she has cool outfits. Lithe is in the same category as Balanced Landing where they are pretty much just niche Sprint Bursts so if you are tight on money I'd skip that chapter.

• PotatoPat

Fair enough.

What are your opinions on the worst killer/survivor?

• RepostRiposte

Survivor:

In terms of perks there are a lot to choose from, Quentin, Ash, Yui, Zarina, but the worst by far is Ace; his perks do nothing but encourage you to be a useless little loot goblin.

In terms of looks Quentin is the winner, he is an actual goblin.

Killer:

Without addons Wraith as well as Trapper to a lesser degree are just sad to watch. With even yellow/green addons they both become significantly better so I'd say Clown averages at the bottom of the barrel. He is fairly strong in chase and that's it, nothing else to his name other than discount Freddy snares. Some could argue Pig, Trapper, Wraith are worse.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    edited September 2020

I agreed with you on most of what you said during this thread, but there's one thing I slightly disagree on. "but the worst by far is Ace; his perks do nothing but encourage you to be a useless little loot goblin."

I would argue that Steve is the worst. Ace is 2nd, but at least you have a single okay perk that can keep add-ons while leaving a trail, and it good for getting items when low on BPS. Steve, all of his perks can be considered a negative. Babysitter, you see the killers aura for 4 seconds after unhooking, seems good... but they can also see you. Camaraderie is a negative if the survivors is having a slowish time reaching you, so the killer has an early notification that someone is coming to rescue you. Second Wind could have literally no effect (like Up The Ante) the entire game, maybe you just can't find anyone to heal, no one allows you to heal them, you get to heal only when you're on death hook, it could have zero effect.

You only get Steve because he's bundled with Nancy (or you just like Steve). But you do get Ace if you burn through items and add-ons fast (I guess).

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Killers all play differently. There's no best per se' (unless you're going for ease of use) but it more like different game modes.

Survivors on the otherhand are just meat puppets with perks you may want.