The power of infectious fright

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,507
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

5:22)

I know otz is a amazing killer but even i can get solid 4 person downs within like 40 seconds thanks to this perk on oni one hit someone rush after another down them so on and so forth. Its insane for not having a cd not requiring a basic attack and not having a fixed radius. Not to mention its combo with M and A.

Not that infectious needs nerfs im not saying that before anyone bashes me. (Although a cooldown may be nice) but why does this perk get such special treatment when theres so many perks with less value that have so many limitations. Case in point surge. Fixed radius,cooldown, basic attack,cant blow up a already blown up gen. For what 4 seconds off a gen? Not to mention another HEX that requires a basic attack. The third seal,so i give them blindness? Alright. Well if their a swf thats useless. If they arent theyll just cleanse the totem. Also blindness kinda sucks as a status effect anyway if it made like the screen darker or something maybe. From what it looks like infectious used to also require basic attacks but it was "underpowered" while third seal also used to not require a basic attack but they made it that in fear of it being "overpowered" now i can make everyone scream by just finding a dwight in a locker. Can we get some other never played perks this treatment?

Comments

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    edited September 2020

Why nerf infectious fright when we could buff all the bad perks instead

Edit: Okay now I won't get banned sorry I forgot

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Yeah i don't understand surge, cruel limits and some other perks. Infectious made oni viable, imagines what some other small buffa to underpowered perks on both sides could do.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

its only good on snowbally killers like oni, billy and nurse it would be great on huntress if her TR wasnt so small

• miotas
    miotas Member Posts: 42

Just run Calm Spirit if you don't like it. Not scaring crows is also surprisingly good against high-rank killers.

• FogNoob
    FogNoob Member Posts: 116

I'd say let's remove all cool downs, FFS. If I downed 2 survivors in quick succession I should be able to use my thrilling tremors twice!!

I mean, you don't get a cool down on PGTW, tinkerer or BBQ (please, don't get any ideas). If it's not super OP I don't think it should have a cool down.

Yeah... dragon's grip is ok to have a cool down........

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I wish I had Survivors let me 4man slug them in 1 power use. I don´t come across teams that dumb often :(

No but seriously, Oni is the only Killer I always run it on, the rest is interchangeable. I don´t think the effect justifies a cooldown, but neither does surge for example. Sometimes the choice of what is slapped with a CD seems so random.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,507
    edited September 2020

again not the point of the post. Bhvr likes consistency but infectious is one of the only used to be garbage perks that got a buff removing most of the restrictions. meanwhile perks like surge and third seal still suck absolute dong.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,903

I use it on Myers. Its fantastic. I have snowballed so many matches with it.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951
    edited September 2020

I don't think it should work on dying Survivors, it provides free information to sluggers that they should otherwise need a perk for like Deerstalker. And it really shouldn't interrupt your current action. So Survivors are incapable of screaming and cleansing or repairing at the same time? lol So I now I just lost my investment in cleansing a 99% Hex: Devour Hope Totem under the effects of Hex: Thrill of the Hunt because I screamed! 🤣

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

The perks with the more situational/convoluted requirements have weaker rewards than the straight forward perks usually