Whats Your Favorite Non Meta Perk?

Options

Title. I gotta go with Blood Warden. Its been a hard fought match and they think they've won. They sit at the exit gates watching me get the hook, wondering if theres anything they can do to help him. Watching the hope drain from they're movement as they realize whats just happened. Its almost like I can hear Ghost Face saying "You thought it was that easy?" I get that stalk off and watch them squirm as I come out with 3k at the last possible moment. Its euphoric. How about you guys?

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Stake Out.

"Oh Spine Chill is so cool, it lets me know when the killer is near."

Okay Stake Out doesn't work on Undetectable, BUT it gives you guaranteed great skill checks on the majority of the cast and lets you know when the majority are close. Who needs terror radius music?

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

Repressed alliance.

Save around 18% gen progress against ruin or 25% and subsequent regression with pop.

• StereoHEAD43
    StereoHEAD43 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Detectives Hunch + Inner Strength. The totem cleanser build and efficient healing, only downside is if your team doesn't do at least one totem, there's an unavoidable NOED in endgame.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Used to be Bloodwarden too but EGC makes it kind of pointless now.

Maybe Botany, it helps so much and I've pulled off so many last second heals with this. Bond too really useful information.

For killer I dunno because all the good ones are kind of meta.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    edited September 2020
    Options

Desperate measures, i once dead harded the killer and they did a short lunge, A SHORT ONE, where the cooldown is way less and it still gave me enough time to unhook a survivor with bt, another situation was when I dead harded and the killer smacked the survivor with bt's endurance, it was just enough to convince me the perk is good, oh and the extra healing speed is never a bad thing

Post edited by Clockso on
  • Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Pharmacy~Fast searches, free medkit, nice

Fixated jus for the fast walking, really

Wish Fixated was 15/20/25 or 20/25/30 % faster, tho

I don’t consider Streetwise, WakeUp, Boil Over, Saboteur or Red Herring meta, as some have.

Those 4 perks can be light an fun to use, also.

I feel Knockout, Gearhead, Coulrophobia are effective non-meta perks.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Killer: surveillance. It saves you so much time, and synergises well with ruin, surge, pop and other perks.

Survivor: hope, because that 7% extra movement speed is actually really good, and can extend loops soo much.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,186
    Options

Trail of torment.

I love seeing people getting jumpscared lol... i just wish it doesn't show that yellow gen aura to survivors..

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Blood echo, if only it didnt have that stupid cooldown.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited September 2020
    Options

Diversion and Detective's Hunch. The first is fun af to use, the latter gives so much useful infos especially now that Hex: Undying made hex builds more popular.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

Breakout and Hex: Third Seal for me.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Any means Necessary. I just like being able to pick dropped pallets up...

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,466
    Options

Inner Strength. Encourages runnin dem bones and deals with a status effect like Sloppy nicely.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,933
    Options

As Survivor: We'll Make It. Those quick heals make such a difference to keep people in the game. Resilience and Botany Knowledge also get a good mention.

As Killer: Lightborn. A group with torches is made pointless. I'd also give honourable mentions to Spies From The Shadows.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

I find Deathbound gives me a giddy little laugh every now and again with that random across the map scream.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options

i have to go with pebble

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Survivor

• Desperate Measures (I like to heal people fast, also the unhook speed is really good, I wonder if it stacks with No One Left Behind)
    • Tenacity (I like the speeeed~)

Killer

• Agitation (Speeeeed~)
    • Brutal Strength (It's just nice)

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Coulrophobia & Bond

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

As killer I use pretty meta builds but I'd say Enduring is nice because I like the no pallet stuns (if Enduring isn't classed as meta).

As survivor, Hope. Two reasons, one of which I think is obvious to you OP, and the other because it's actually really good at looping in the endgame when resources are scarce. I've been able to chain tiles I've had no business chaining, or recover from a mistake where I'm slightly off position, or just loop an extra time, all because of hope. A Huntress had to stop chasing me because I could outrun her lol.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options
  • NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

Windows of Opportunity is an amazing solo perk as it allows you to see if your team mates have abused the good pallets as well as gives you a good idea of what loop variant you're going into.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options

STBFL for killer and Red herring for Surv, STBFL because I main demo and getting 8 stacks is disgustingly easy and Red Herring lets me make some seriously big brain plays

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Kindred. I only call it off-meta because "sweaty" players don't often run it.

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306
    Options

Wait you dead harded twice in the same time frame? Or do you mean the killer whiffed. Sorry to sound rude, just curious.

• Suvakita
    Suvakita Member Posts: 67
    Options

Alert 💃

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

For The People!!

You have no idea how many times this perk has come in clutch and saved teammates.

Saved someone right at the gate who couldn't make it far enough before going down. Picked up a slug really quickly that the killer thought would be down longer. Saved people from being tunneled off hook in situations where the killer was camping and expected to knock the person back down. It's just a great perk

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    edited September 2020
    Options

oh no it's ok, i'm sorry i worded that extremely poorly, i ment that i once had a situation where i dead harded the killer and he did a short lunge which has a very low cooldown of maybe half a second which was enough for me to unhook a survivor who HAD endurance's bt, and another situation where i was able to dead hard into the survivor with bt's endurance which allowed both of us to get away.

edited the comment btw

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    edited September 2020
    Options

Aftercare or Blood pact. Just love aura perks tbh.

If I've got a build then it's Breakout and MoM.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I only play Killer so I’ll just answer that.

Deerstalker is probably my favorite less popular killer perk. It’s just so handy for keeping track of someone you downed while you chase someone else. Did they crawl away into deep grass somewhere and you can’t hear them because of low sound volume on their groans or Calm Spirit? No problem? Did you chase the other survivor 30 meters away and aren’t quite sure where you originally downed the first one? Piece of cake! Slugging the third person while looking for the last survivor for a bit? It’s got you covered. On average it saves you at least 5-15 seconds or sometimes more in situations where you downed someone and they crawled away. Plus it also helps you keep an eye on where they are to watch for another survivor running in for a heal.

I use this perk pretty frequently as a “looking for a fourth perk to round things out”. Especially if I find I’ve been slugging a bit more often or am using a slugging style build or killer, this perk is just really convenient.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Mad Grit

I love it for its ability to enable me to actually chase some Survivors while carrying other Survivors (along with Agitation + Iron Grasp).

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306
    Options

Oooooh ok, now I get it. Yeah but desperate measures is a really good perk I run it all the time, it's In a way a counter to thanatophoibia (healing wise) but even better.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Yeah Deerstalker is great. Particularly with the current sound bugs.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

Kindred (mainly playing solo) and Plunderer's instinct.

• skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179
    Options

Head on. I like to pair it with DS to double tap killers. Makes me laugh.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,385
    Options

Autodidact.

It's RNG as hell but if you can get it to 5 stacks getting that really quick healing is so nice.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

I don't know if it is, but from I can tell people think it's useless.

As killer, I LOVE Thanatophobia. Being able to slow down other survivors (even if by a tiny bit) on the other side of the map is great, it incentives healing meaning people aren't on gens, and with my killer (Doctor) and playstyle I can just find them easily and hit them again. I have won games because of this perk, that couldn't have happened with Ruin or Pop. The people that say it's only good on Legion and Plague are missing out, imo.

I don't use Sloppy because Thanatophobia is supposed to incentive healing, if they don't they gen rush. I always have and always will think Sloppy is worse Thanatophobia.

As a survivor, idk Hope. I always thought Hope was better than Adrenalose because while that does heal one health state and ignores exhaustion, it could be countered by NOED. I use Hope because I beat that 6% of NOED by 1%, and having 7% can lead to nutty plays. It also doesn't remove my exhaustion so I can still work with Lithe or Dead Hard or whatever it was. Just love Hope.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

Poised - unless a killer is already involved in a chase completing a gen is likely going to draw their attention your way. Poised allows you to get a lot of distance between you and the gen before the killer gets there without leaving a scratch mark to indicate which way you went. When you are working on a gen that is almost done and the killer is headed your way it buys you the 2 or 3 extra seconds you need to finish it and still have a good shot at getting away without being seen. I would say there is at least once every match poised has allowed me to make an undetected escape I wouldn't have made without it. Sometimes it happens 2 or 3 times.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

Yeah man that shouldn't even be a thing but I've been thinking surveillance should counter it 👍

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

Kindred and We’ll Make It

Whispers and Brutal Strength

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Survivor: Fixated and Botany Knowledge

Killer: Unrelenting, I'm All Ears, Spies from the Shadows.

Unrelenting is actually incredibly useful for punishing great loopers who save pallets when the killer misses.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Blood Pact. It's just nice being able to keep an eye on one of your teammates whenever one of you is in danger, and I feel like it gives me and the other person a kind of special connection, you know? Like, we're connected, we need to protect each other