Buffing Demos Teachables

DarkMagik
DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

Surge:

-Putting a Survivor into the Dying State causes the generator they last worked to instantly explode and regress.Surge applies an immediate Regression penalty of 8 %.Surge can only be triggered once every 50/40/30 seconds.

-Pop Goes The Weasel & Overcharge now works with Surge.

Mindbreaker:

-While repairing Generators with less than 80 % Repair progression, Survivors are afflicted by the Exhausted Status Effect.Any existing Exhaustion Status Effect timers are paused while the Survivor is repairing a Generator. After ending the Repair action, the Survivor is afflicted by the Exhausted Status Effect for 2 seconds.

-When a generator is competed all survivors gain the Exhausted for 7 Seconds.This can only be triggered once every 40/50/60 seconds

-When a survivor who gets unhooked gets Exhausted for 15 Seconds. 

Cruel Limits:

-Each time a Generator is repaired, all Windows,Pallets and vault locations within your terror radius of are blocked for all Survivors for the next 15 seconds.

Did i over do it in buffing?

Post edited by DarkMagik on

Comments

• DarkMagik

Edited

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I don't see why cruel limits needs the cooldown, since it can only proc 5 times in a game.

• ItzNobody
    ItzNobody Member Posts: 185

Nein, in fact dare I say Mindbreaker and Cruel Limits would still be considered weak perks. In my opinion it is not the numbers that need buffing, it is the design of the perk as a whole. Mindbreaker and Cruel Limits are passive perks and their power is outside of your control. This is why most players prefer the more active perk Pop Goes the Weasel rather then the passive perk Hex:Ruin. You could make the same comparison in regards to a higher use of Bamboozle over Cruel Limits.

This is not to say passive perks are weak, but the effect generally have to be weaker than a more active perk. An active perk demands a requirement to be met for the power to be earned, whilst a passive perk would work on its own without your assistance in theory.

I have made posts regarding Cruel Limits and Mindbreaker myself, if it is okay with you I could share them here to give you a more detailed explanation as to how I feel these perks should be changed.

Lots of perks in Dead By Daylight do not see much use, this is not to say all of them are weak or bad, but it is clear some perks are more reliable and favorable than others. In bitter honesty, the top tier perks need to be nerfed if our goal is to increase the usage of the other perks, but that would have to come with desirable buffs or reworks towards the disregarded perks as well. No one wants their power taken away without compensation after all, but this is only an option if the drive is to balance the perks as best as we can.

One question about Surge, I feel that is the Demogorgon's best perk and is rather decent at that. May I ask why you feel the need to change it? Not that it is unwelcomed, just curious to know 🙂

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2020

Dunno your gameplan should be to defend generators...

Using a perk which only activates after you failed defending a Gen + forces you to go towards a area with no gens to defend anymore will never be good...

• DarkMagik

A'lot of people say that its a very inconstant perk in which may not even hit a gen & a bigger downside it doesn't work with overcharge & pop.Also they say its map dependent.

• DarkMagik

If your talking about cruel limits you must not have read it.

• DarkMagik

Heres a Comparison:This is the old one.

Mindbreaker:

While repairing Generators with less than 50 % Repair progression, Survivors are afflicted by the Exhausted Status Effect.Any existing Exhaustion Status Effect timers are paused while the Survivor is repairing a Generator. After ending the Repair action, the Survivor is afflicted by the Exhausted Status Effect for 1/2/3 second(s).

Cruel Limits:

Each time a Generator is repaired, all Windows and vault locations within a radius of 24 metres from the completed Generator are blocked for all Survivors for the next 20/25/30 seconds.

• DankDragon8753
    DankDragon8753 Member Posts: 13

I do like the idea you went for because demo's teachables are pretty bad, and I do like the Idea with all of them. I can see tinkerer (sorry if I spelled it wrong) going decent with it because you can sneak up on them and not worry about any exhaustion perk like dead hard,sprint burst,etc.And Cruel Limits is going to be unreliable but when its going to work , oh boy its going to be satisfying.

BUT my only problem is Surge does Pop apply to all the gens or just one. And (I'm pretty sure) does Pop have to be activated.I'm sure but with Overcharge does it work even when the survivor is working on the gens nearby when Surge procs.

• DarkMagik

Read Closely.

Putting a Survivor into the Dying State causes the generator they last worked to instantly explode and regress.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Surge is actually pretty good. Right now it seems to be overshadowed by Pop or a Ruin/Undying combo, but I've seen people get a lot of mileage out of it.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

Problem is it only works on Basic attack downs, has a relatively small range because its not tied to Terror Radius so can't be manipulated further AND has a cooldown. It really limits the scope of which killers can use the perk optimally and those that can usually get less value from it by being led just a few meters too far away before getting the down. Sure it gives random value with Thrilling Tremors - but it doesn't have the consistency to be used over something like Pop goes the Weasel. Things like Hex:Ruin + Hex:Undying is also far more slowdown consistent for the time being as well.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Well...yeah. It's niche. As are a lot of other perks.

Which is sort of a problem in and of itself.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Lemme just paste this.

I always wanted Surge to more or less be the reverse Pop Goes The Weasel where instead of big regression on one Generator it instead applied a small regression on multiple Generators.

So something like:

• Remove the Basic Attack requirement.

• Reduce the Cooldown from 60/50/40 to 40/35/30 seconds.

• Change it from Generators within 32 meters of the downed Survivor to the closest 3 Generators of the downed Survivor that are able to be regressed. (doesn't work on currently regressing generators, completed generators, or blocked generators.)

So best case scenario 3 Generators get regressed for 8% (6.4 seconds) for a total of 24% (19.2 seconds).

But nah, keep Surge in its overly picky requirement state and i'll just keep running Pop for a guaranteed regression that is reliable.