Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

It would be possible to come a third yamaoka killer?

xtr4me
xtr4me Member Posts: 53

On the map of the Family Residence there were two swords before the arrival of the oni one of them disappeared with just one more sword left, it would be a sign of another member?

Comments

• BSNightflow
    BSNightflow Member Posts: 81

I think this somehow depends on the Japanese commuity's enthusiasm

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I´d like that. Either Rins father or even Renjiro might make nice additions, although the latter might share too many similarities with his son. Lore wise they both are grief/tragedy stricken enough to attract the entitys attention for sure.

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402

Maybe Rin's father?

• NanseeWeeler
    NanseeWeeler Member Posts: 2

Call me crazy but the killer could be yet another WAYYYY older member of the Yamaoka bloodline, and the survivor being a member of the current bloodline. They would be a modernized take on Japanize culture, with the lore surrounding them being the grandaughter of The Spirit.

• xtr4me

I personally imagine her grandfather who fought in the second world war on the Chinese front and the survivor being a Chinese

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I´d imagine the DEVs would rather not get that political. It´s propably a too loaded issue.

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252

Possible, but unlikely. Having two killers that were from the same heritage was awesome but three would be taking it too far. They would all kind of blend together and lose their unique features. I wouldn't want this and would much rather have an entirely new killer. As I said though, it's unlikely that this would happen

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252

A decent idea but the Yamaoka bloodline ended with Rin when her father went crazy and killed Rin's mother and then proceeded to murder Rin herself. Hence the chapter name "Shattered Bloodline". And since Rin was an only child and didn't have kids herself we can safely infer that the Yamaoka bloodline has ended.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2020

I'm not trying to see DBD turn into an all-out anime so I hope not. I'm personally not interested in a third Yamoaka.

I think it's far more interesting conceptually when DBD constantly strives to make their characters unique as possible from all different kinds of cultures where different urban legends and horror myths were created as original reflections of those places and the things those people were afraid of.

So you'd see why I'd be a little miffed if DBD all of a sudden started overusing the Yamoaka bloodline taking up all the resources that could instead have been used for wildly different and unique newcomers instead.

More of a practical (opinion) response rather than a lore based response, but I felt it needed to be said anyway.

EDIT: (Lore Based Response)

I did some more digging, and I found that this is actually just the traditional Japanese Sword Display. We here in the west think of Knights with individual swords that are given names and personalized. But in Japan Samurai warriors normally possessed three "swords" The Katana (the widely recognized full sized Samurai Sword), the Wakizashi (a mid-sized sword which resembles the Katana just smaller), and the Tanto (the shortest of the three which was more equivalent to a survival knife).

These weapons were placed in display stands in descending order with the shortest on the top and the longest on the bottom. However, there are cases of two-tier displays:

"In the case of a two tier stand that has a shelf instead of a third tier the correct order would be the tanto on the shelf. Katana on the bottom and then the wakizashi would be on the top."

TL;DR. I think this is just the Oni's weapons passed down, they don't belong to multiple people just to one. Kazan Yamaoka. When he came to the realm of the entity he took one of his swords to use and left the other in the display case which we can see in the map.

• Rex3
    Rex3 Member Posts: 87

Probably Renjiro

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

I think 3 yamaokas would be too much imo but I would like another new killer who's connected lore-wise to one of the killers we already have.

• xtr4me

I keep imagining this situation with the clown because it would be nice to have another circus chapter, mainly a love interest