What happened in the game that make you leave it for some days?

Options

ME: 14 Moris in a row, and when the crossplay was on i just played against huntresses with belt and iridiscent head. So i played killer, 3 SWF full second chances perks and gen rushing, i quit DBD for a week and just started playing again today

The photo is a meme that happened in my first forum post, i was asking for a nerf in iridiscent head and someone said that

Comments

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

Gen rushing, frame drops since new chapter.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535
    Options

The 1 million current bugs

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 590
    Options
  • BOT_Ethan
    BOT_Ethan Member Posts: 29
    Options

5 different trappers&1 spirit camping in red rank in a roll

• PatchNoir
    Options
  • Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

Gettint Ormond against good teams too frequently or having several mori matches in a row.

• PatchNoir
    Options

yep when i go killer i MUST bring 2 meta perks like pop or ruin, and then i can bring the perks i want because i cant do nothing with zanshin tatics in red rank. You cant make a build for fun without getting gen rushed and seeing people super proud cause they escaped a gear head clown

• PatchNoir
    Options

iv been playing a RPG mobile game more than DBD, i just grind the fend missions then i give up because of the repetitive or too harsh requiriments, then i come back and finish 2 day before it gets closed

• PatchNoir
    Options
  • Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

Pc, played since release.

Must suck being as wrong as you are.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

Oh man.

It's gotten worse on pc too. Before the update I could comfortably play on max settings with really great fps. Now I have to play on low/medium and hope my graphic card doesn't melt.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Well, it's not always something in-game. Some days I'll be like 'hmm I kinda wanna play DBD' ... then I launch it, go back and fourth on whether I wanna play killer or survivor and if killer what killer/build I'm gonna play.

Then I just think... 'well actually... I don't really want to play DBD'. I think I ponder too much, start thinking of all the worst scenarios such as ebony mori's, iri head, swf clicky clicky squads and all the stress with it. Then I just quit and watch youtube/twitch!

I'm a bit weird.

• PatchNoir
    Options

Sad, iv seen just a few pc players disliking ormond fps. I play since hag, thanks for your comment bro

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I've had one or two.

• Survivors cussing me out for not letting them farm on a bad game.
    • Survivors cussing me out for trying to let them farm on a bad game (the next game).
    • A pair of blendettes who decided to play hide and seek for 90 minutes rather than doing gens. I would have let them have the game as they had 2 DCs, but they decided to be salty.
    • High ranked players queueing with a 20 to pull off a smurfcomp.
  • MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

My favorite killer is unplayable due to her teleporting bug (Plague) the dev's still have not even acknowledged that they are even aware of it so at this point i've given up on any chances of her being hotfixed its not gonna happen meanwhile watch the ds bug get fixed before she even does.

• HangingMeat
    HangingMeat Member Posts: 3
    Options

matches where all 3 of my teammates d/c because the killer is leatherface knocking everyone down, and im left to get brutalized by a pissed off 6 year old killer.

FACECAMPING me from minute ONE, (this one is the worst), shows me that the killer has absolutely no skill whatsoever, and they enjoy being an Azzhole.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

The 1.9.2 patch, mainly...

• Fixed an issue that made it impossible to rescue a dying survivor with a pallet/flashlight save while being picked up or dropped mid animation. Now, the pick up/drop animation will play fully, followed by the flashlight/pallet stun.

I'll never forgetti.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

This. I'll load up the game, sit in the menus and maybe queue up, decide it's too close to bedtime or something else and log out without even playing a match. I'm very silly about it but unintentionally.

Life just gets too busy sometimes for hide and seek game

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

The longest break I took was 3-4 months, after going against a toxic SWF group. They tried to CJ tech but they messed up the timing and kept taking hits. I didn't know what CJ tech was, so I just thought they were really bad, and I decided to let them pick themselves up so we could actually play instead of slugging them all in the first two minutes. They responded by luring me into an ambush where they ran in a circle and locker-stunned me, crouched in my blind spot when I tried to use a window, shined their flashlights in my face, t-bagged, etc for absolutely no game-related purpose. They literally just did it to be mean, immediately after I was nice to them. It sucked.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Combination of poor console optimization and bugs. They just add an unnecessary level of frustration to the game.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,205
    Options

@Hex_Llama thats rough, I faced 4 Meg with old Sabo toolbox as Trapper, they destroy every hook when I down a survivor. Then I had to slug her and somehow able to down all 4. Do u believe when I down the 3rd Meg, the 1st thing 4th Meg tried to do is sabo a hook nearby, not pick up other 2 Meg.

All 4 slugged, I hitting on a car and nodding saying I won. Then I rev them by pick 1 up and step on my trap on purpose. Let them all escape. I got mad respect after that game though.

My quitting story: Just a newbie Killer, tried to start with Wraith, faced a swf with an OoO. Wraith didnt have Undetectable stats back then to OoO could always see me when Cloaked. Took 5 Gen to down that OoO, just only got unhook right at my face with BT & double body block.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

On console the hook bug has been the worst glitch I've ever seen. It not only affects the hooks but it also affects everything else the killer does: vaulting windows, kicking generators, breaking pallets, etc.

In between the never-ending supply of bugs and the piss poor matchmaking, I'm damn near tempted to never come back.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Not weird at all. I do the same thing! In between the toxicity, the poor matchmaking, and all the bugs, it can turn matches into a truly horrible experience. I usually get my DBD fix by watching YouTube videos of it.

It's sad when the only way you can extract enjoyment out of game is to watch other people play it since the game can't provide that for you.

• Withered
    Withered Member Posts: 71
    Options

Same, but I used to play on low settings, and even now it's almost unplayable

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I’ve been playing two or three games a night with whatever killer I have my oldest mission in for a while. There’s nothing in the game at the moment driving me to stop.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

As survivor: Put with potatoes that can’t last more than 10 seconds in a chase. Killer just has to sit around hook, proxy camp, tunnel and NOED to win no effort required.

As killer: Much like the game is now, every game features either coldwind/ormond offerings, keys or OoO.

Also billions of second chances. 1 ok hook, 1 slugged, 1 in chase - kobe, 1 on hook, 1 slugged, 1 in chase, deliverance. Thankfully I didnt slug the one with unbreakable or that would have been another second chance. They managed to get all gens powered because no matter what I did they kept having second chance after second chance to reset the game. If only killers had that many second chances to reset the game.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

the hook bug make me uninstal the game. Honestly i dont see myself playing this game anytime soon. The new tft set just came out in november i have my ps5 with demon souls and after that in march a new monster hunter will be out. So unless the improve the game in december and january i dont see playing this game before next spring

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

The release of a bad cosmetic. 😢

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

Currently taking a couple days off because some twitch streamer DEMANDED that I stream sniped him. Told me "I'll get good one day" etc. I actually got two gen grabs on him as blight. The second was in the corn field on thompson house 3 feet from a hook, 1 gen left and it was 90% done. Hooked him on that super close hook and went after the others clearly hiding in the corn around the hook and almost done gen. He cried sniper, camper, yada yada. Why would I not defend that? It's the last gen and your dumb ass let me grab you off it next to a hook... Why would you keep rushing gens in my face and let me grab you? Funny thing was I went to his stream after since he made such a stink. As soon as I get there he says "oh my viewers went down.. guess the sniper left..." Sorry bud I just got to your ######### stream. He kept going off about me to his chat, just a bunch of BS to make him sound good. I know I played fairly and was happy with the outcome of the match. But still the attitude of the DBD community can really bother me sometimes.

Tbh I think I might start streaming my games just so I can tell people to watch the vod to see that I wasn't cheating, hacking, or sniping, OR that I am solo survivor. I can't even count how many times a killer has refused to believe that I am solo survivor. Like why ask "swf?" If you aren't even going to believe my response? I used to say that I would stream as a joke but it's actually getting annoying now how many people cry BS.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    edited September 2020
    Options

Hearing the compliment "It's nice to see a survivor that knows the killer role enough to actually be a challenge." too much

AKA my team is always ######### and I do all 5 gens alone.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    edited September 2020
    Options

My answer is *nothing - the game's become too repetitive. After playing as long as I have, I'd need for something new in order to come back. Ever since I maxed out all killers and survivors I have nothing to grind for anymore and the game itself is just not that interesting in itself

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
    Options
  • Demolution_Man1
    Options

Played survivor and went against a pyramid head, last one standing and got smacked when I dead harded and he was 5 feet away from me... That got me so mad.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Survivor: I really feel like I'm not using any skill especially when it comes to looping unless the killer is Nurse or Spirit, and the simple fact that when I play survivor I'm literally bored until I get chased in Endgame Collapse

Killer: The fact that 90% of the killer roaster pretty much has the same playstyle and use the same tactics to deal with survivor's!

Honestly the game has been feeling like stake that runs out of flavor with each bite you take! I'm currently on brake from the game, but I fear that what I said about taking another break from the game is coming true! The more breaks I take from the game to prevent burnout, the harder it get's to come back to the game because ik nothing is going to change about the game! From bugs to game health issues and all the way to stale content