Killers, I just want you to know...

...that as a key addict, I have not used one single key in my matches since I joined the forums and saw how much it pains you. You're welcome.

Comments

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552

Yes but now I don't know what to do with the hundreds that I have 🤣

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Well thank you for your sacrifice lol. To be fair, i think most killers could care less about a key brought in at the start of the match.

For me losing because someone found a pink key in a chest when Ive been busting my hump and finally gotten to a good spot where i can have a hope of winning irks me to no end.

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552

I'm a baby killer without Franklin's and every time I see a key in the lobby I can physically feel myself droop a little. Now I understand why killers burn those broken coins.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
  • Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Well... Maui... I didn't ask you stop using keys so you can stick the "You're Welcome Song." :) I say that in good humor, not malice. If you like keys, use keys. I play against people who bring them or find them in my matches all the time. I have never once complained about them, and never will. When I see a Key I simply adapt my play to it; that person becomes a priority target depending upon what stage of the game were are currently enjoying. I think Survivors what complain about Killer Perks and tactics are being poor sports, and I think Killers who gripe about Survivor Perks and tactics are being the same.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

My bigger issue is I'm often looking at my other screen during matchmaking because it can take a while to actually find a match, wait for everyone to (not) ready up, wait for the load time that's way longer than a game like this should be even on an SSD (My initial assumption would be it's waiting for the HDD people to load in, but that doesn't gel with the many matches as killer I've found someone who was "afk" but only for a few seconds... maybe they just got back to their game?) etc, I usually don't even look at my main screen again until I see the camera panning around my killer.

So I typically have no idea what items were brought. This makes it a real surprise when all four people have flashlights or something. So key escapes always completely blindside me because I'm too lazy to look at the lobby.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Attach things to them to read auras. Either use em up, or just don’t allow yourself to open the hatch with them. But yeah, there’s still some potential use there!

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Well friend, if you can make that kind of sacrifice, so can I.

You literally just saved survivors from about 3 months worth of Ebony Moris on Freddy.

I was just about to start burning through 10 or 20 of them and saw this post.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Good. You are probably saving yourself a bit of misery too - because if I see a key, you are never getting out of that basement :).

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’m a killer main but keys don’t really bother me. I think it would be reasonable to tweak them so only the key user escapes when they use a key and not multiple survivors but it’s not like I care that much about them other than that.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

I never bring any items or meta perks. Game's a lot more fun.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Yeah can't say I care about keys, I might bring franklin's or a mori if I see one just to try and counter it, but if all four key out I can queue again for another game and forget all about the last game. That's the great thing about it being a game.

I think its a shame that you don't bring keys anymore because of the forums, it means the cry babies are having an effect on the gaming community and that is never good.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

As the rare survivor and killer main, I'm fine with using keys in "last 2 people" scenarios (but not when a killer has stomped hatch). Toolboxes speed up gens, medkits make healing cost less time, and flashlights allow for you to save fellow survivors. Keys should allow you and one possible other person to escape.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I also don't use mori at all if it wasn't for the challenge. Even with challenge, i use it on death hook.

You can thank me too :)

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Cool. Do you want a cookie for that or...?

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

The only time a key has helped anyone in MY matches is when I've already closed hatch!

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Don't worry, others are holding back as well. My 1300+ mori collection is rarely used as well.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Why bother? If Mori's are fair game...

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Shrug - on the internet, all feedback is crying, unless you personally agree with it.

Keys are just frustrating, much in the same way higher tier Moris are. And forget Franklins, I can't think of the last time someone used a key and didn't pick it at the final millisecond.

If I see one, I'll dodge. If you cheat and pick it at the last second (ditto triple toolbox) and I'm playing one of my weaker killers, I'll just duck the match. No harm, no foul, you can find another killer.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited September 2020
  • ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641
    edited September 2020

I've actually noticed (and other killers probably have as well) that survivors are bringing an unholy amount of keys into matches lately... Killers are also bringing more Moris though. Might be correlated with some significance... but eh

Anyways a small snapshot from September 9th to 24th for R1 Killer without including today's games

Most survivors who bring keys into my matches (the 84 out of 868 Survivors) don't usually survive themselves and someone else gets to escape with it (I rarely run franklins if ever) but the Key Escapes include people who find keys from chests.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

And I haven't used moris because survivor activates their hidden abilites of gen rushing.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

I can't remember the last time I used a mori.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020

It's okay my dearie. Let me share a tale with you.

Twas a fine day for the Hag. Two dead, a mere 1 generator left. Yet, as I pondered the location for my next hex... BEHOLD... I discovered two survivors very close to each other. Neither were injured. Curious. I crept closer with my diminished terror radius and LO! I saw one with a key over the hatch.

"NGGGGGGHH!!!" I screeched as I held my keyboard over my head and swung it back and forth like Bubba.

I lunged, but not in time - the survivor without the key was through the hatch.

Despair sunk in. I would be forced to deal with a 2 kill game. Despite playing well. Despite putting my all into giving the Entity pleasure.

I was a sad Hag.

But then I discovered a SHOCK.

Someone was on the ground in front of me.

The one with the key.

So surprised was he, he forgot to crawl toward the hatch!

I picked him up.

I hooked him.

I forgot... I was running Devour Hope. I had 3 tokens.

Twas my hope came back, the strapping young Dwights hope devoured.

For he brought the key... merely to be betrayed by another, and the one who ate well was me!

So you see dearie, would have not but a like for you if some young fool did not bring a key.

But because of it, I have a like... and a tale to spin.

So, dear Survivor, bring your key! I shall bring my Mori.

And then, fate shall see!