How Much Data Does DBD Use?

Options

I play on a laptop tethered to my 4G phone. I get really fast speeds, but I'm still not sure how much data I'm using. Anyone have any idea how much data is transferred for, say, 1 hour of DBD play on PC?

Looking forward to knowing this.

Best Answer

Answers

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    edited September 2020
    Options

From my previous experience playing on 4G I'd honestly not use that much; I think over 2 matches it was about 350mb? Which, including booting and loading times and a discord call too, kinda impressed. Also, I was able to play DBD Mobile and never go over my data cap (10GB) whilst using about half of that on Youtube.

EDIT: You can always check your hotspot's data consumption rate if you're curious.

• IFeelFantastic
    IFeelFantastic Member Posts: 72
    Options

350mb for two matches seems like a huge number, considering that if I stream a zoom meeting for an hour, it's only about 100mb or so. I've also heard in the past that online play uses less data than you'd think. I was hoping to pin down a more accurate number, but we'll see.

If anyone else wants to chime in, please do. I've marked a good answer for this thread, but I'd like to see more info, or another angle if anyone's got one.