The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Salty survivors

No_Cluie_Louis
No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

I've now removed their names, sorry for not doing so before

Post edited by No_Cluie_Louis on

Comments

• No_Cluie_Louis

@jiminie said:
    Are you aware you're not allowed to reveal their names right ? Also, i see only that guy '[BAD WORD]' being a douche, the others didn't say #########, but that's how it is, if one Survivor goes nuts, everyone will assume their all the same

Dont get so defensive, 2 of them were having a go and quite obviously i was talking about those 2, where did you get the idea i was talking about everyone.

• No_Cluie_Louis

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    If you were hacking.. why would you make Ruin effect one more person of all things you could do? I don't understand. 

My exact point lol

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    If you were hacking.. why would you make Ruin effect one more person of all things you could do? I don't understand. 

My exact point lol

Some people are very questionable. But as others said you might want to edit the screenshot as a Mod may remove it if you don't. Just cover the names. That's all you have to do. 
  • DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

Of course it's the little-dick-strike user with his name as "#########" talking ######### out of all of them lol

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@jiminie said:
    Are you aware you're not allowed to reveal their names right ? Also, i see only that guy '[BAD WORD]' being a douche, the others didn't say #########, but that's how it is, if one Survivor goes nuts, everyone will assume their all the same

Look at those names though.... no words
    Just the classic SWF game, its kinda sad but im used to it :lol:

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I've actually run into one of those people but when they were a killer and the jerkness runs deep.

• SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    One survivor said I was tunneling tea bagged him me so I tunnelled him at the end of the game because of it. Then I told him "I would have done tunnelled him if he didn't tea bag me" so he replied saying "i did it because I tunnelled him." 

I'm sorry what? He was the only survivor I saw pretty much the entire match I didn't attack him right after he got off the hook either. He first time he was on gen second time he was on gen. 3rd is time i tunnelled because he was ######### But nope I tunnelled him the whole game. He was only survivor I could find. That's bad luck my! It's not my fault he can't see the Wraiths shimmer. Though the conversation ended nicely.

Yeah I'm getting into the spirit of Halloween and I like MLP. 

The salt was real.
  • serabeth90
    serabeth90 Member Posts: 100

Yeah, sometimes the less skilled survivors will claim you are tunneling them when in reality you are simply running into them more. If the same survivor keeps setting off my traps, I'm going to teleport and hit him, even if I haven't hit anyone else yet. Learn to crouch, use a flashlight, or stop whining :P.

• Nerex7
    Nerex7 Member Posts: 52

Well, who doesn't love a visit in the salty salt mines. You cannot do them right to be honest. Even if you let them go for free, some of them will give you ######### as if you had just burned their first born on the stake.

People just love to complain. Do you know what frustrates them the most? Reacting with positivity. Nothing turns down some guy going "Oh you suck so much, l2p, noob etc." faster than simply replying "gg wp, you got me good". They will shut down immediately because all they seek is a negative response.

• SteveyHooves
    Nerex7 said:

Well, who doesn't love a visit in the salty salt mines. You cannot do them right to be honest. Even if you let them go for free, some of them will give you ######### as if you had just burned their first born on the stake.

People just love to complain. Do you know what frustrates them the most? Reacting with positivity. Nothing turns down some guy going "Oh you suck so much, l2p, noob etc." faster than simply replying "gg wp, you got me good". They will shut down immediately because all they seek is a negative response.

I don't get mad when a killer "Tunnels" unless they clearly pass up another survivor to kill me lol. It's just come on man! Why!? I don't do that or when a killer camps... mainly face camping. That's another why moment. 
  • ThisNotIt
    ThisNotIt Member Posts: 28
    What are the purpose of these threads? To just expose players? to validate yourself? Why clog up the board with these threads
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    ThisNotIt said:
    What are the purpose of these threads? To just expose players? to validate yourself? Why clog up the board with these threads
    The purpose is for laughs and to show how salty people are. Besides they are not exposing anyone now they covered the names. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    ThisNotIt said:

The purpose is for laughs and to show how salty people are. Besides they are not exposing anyone now they covered the names. 

This, we can get good laughs at things that happen from both sides. As long as names are covered name and shame doesn't apply and perhaps seeing it here prevents us from doing it in there.

• SteveyHooves
    ThisNotIt said:
    I'm not trying expose that guy. I'm pointing out his flawed logic. He was just salty and I don't blame him it's just funny. he probably never played killer once and doesn't know you see a survivor you attack. It's like how killers win the game. He was just unlucky and happen to be the only one I could find. It happens. Plus I don't think tunnelling is attacking the same survivor a minute later while they are working on a gen at healthy. thats just a chase. But what do I know. 
  • ThisNotIt
    ThisNotIt Member Posts: 28
    ThisNotIt said:
      they are not exposing anyone now they covered the names. 
    He had the name up which is immature and another poster is doing the same. By doing these kind of threads is just adding to the toxic things that people here complain about. 
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    ThisNotIt said:
    ThisNotIt said:
    He had the name up which is immature and another poster is doing the same. By doing these kind of threads is just adding to the toxic things that people here complain about. 
    Yeah well he covered them now he wasn't aware of that rule before. If you don't like it why bother coming on these threads? People post these for laughs. If you don't want that then just don't respond. 
  • SteveyHooves
    These threads help killers vent there problems about salty survivors just like if the survivors make a thread about salty, camping, or tunnelling killers. Getting things off your chest clears your mind and helps relieve stress.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@SteveyHooves said:
    These threads help killers vent there problems about salty survivors just like if the survivors make a thread about salty, camping, or tunnelling killers. Getting things off your chest clears your mind and helps relieve stress.

Especially when you post something like this and other people let you know they are seeing it too. Sometimes it just feels good to be validated.

And there are TONS of sore losers online these days it seems.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Survivors: Rank 11, Rank17, Rank 2, Rank2
    Killer:Rank 6

Ehm, you did a pretty good jo so far.
    Because you had a perfect game.
    You killed all.
    And all survivors get her pip.
    Her is totally nothing to flame.
    But you know.
    This is DbD.
    And survivors dont need skill to win, in the last 2 years.
    So just enjoy the salt.

• No_Cluie_Louis

@Attackfrog said:

@SteveyHooves said:

Especially when you post something like this and other people let you know they are seeing it too. Sometimes it just feels good to be validated.

ye feels nice to know that people agree with me

• No_Cluie_Louis

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    ThisNotIt said:

Blood_Coil_Viper said:

ThisNotIt said:

Yeah well he covered them now he wasn't aware of that rule before. If you don't like it why bother coming on these threads? People post these for laughs. If you don't want that then just don't respond. 

Thanks for defending me lol

• SteveyHooves

@SteveyHooves said:

Yup pretty much. Knowing people are having the trouble with salty people it tells you you're not alone.
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

A perfect game with less than optimal perks. Not bad.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@SteveyHooves said:

Yup pretty much. Knowing people are having the trouble with salty people it tells you you're not alone.
    You're not alone. If I actually hanged myself (or other wise) everytime some salty online person told me to, well, I guess I would have to be a cat (or ten) to even be able to post on this forum.

Online games give some people with low self esteem or cruddy lives the courage to say stuff to you they are too scared to say in real life.

I feel a little bad for them. They don't know any better. 
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    "Hey why did you hit me again....you didn't go after anyone else!"

Lol, you potato'd the Gen/were on my Totem/ were terrible at hiding/stayed at the Hook etc etc....You played yourself...dont blame us Killers because you're making it easier for us to find you.  If I can eliminate someone quickly and early...you're damn skippy Im gonna do so...occasionally I'll chase after someone else, but often I like to trybto line-up a Kill fast...otherwise Hello Gen Rushing
  • SteveyHooves

@SteveyHooves said:

You're not alone. If I actually hanged myself (or other wise) everytime some salty online person told me to, well, I guess I would have to be a cat (or ten) to even be able to post on this forum.

Online games give some people with low self esteem or cruddy lives the courage to say stuff to you they are too scared to say in real life.

I feel a little bad for them. They don't know any better. 

Pushing your crap on random people in a game  may feel good but in the end they're still people with feelings.  Which is why I do feel bad about blocking that guy. I hate to not let people express their opinion. Though he became a pain in my side. I'm not trying to blame him. I am partly to blame. At the end I did tunnel him but before... he just didn't see my game play so he wouldn't know he was the only survivor I could find. Though I tunnelled him the whole game he says. Good joke in my opinion. Sorry I repeat this a lot but it helps me get over it a little more each I say it.  

Actually I got a 4k making sure I didn't tunnel. Kinda helped I had NOED. Lol
  • Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

@Nikkiwhat said:
    Lol, you potato'd the Gen/were on my Totem/ were terrible at hiding/stayed at the Hook etc etc....

You forgot one, "you got sold out by the bloody Meg (who you'd saved from the hook and fully-healed only moments earlier) who then scarpered to the other side of the map and left you to die".

ARRRGGGHHHH.

• SteveyHooves
    Well I just had a 25 minutes game with Bloody Party Streamers so thank you to that survivor. Though I couldn't catch a survivor the whole game. I killed everyone else she finishes the last gen and hides in a locker. Bitter Murmur showed me where she was. I grabbed her out of it put on the hook rage quit... way to waste 25 minutes of your life and only get stressed out. 
  • AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

I've found that I get the most hate when I kill a person right out the gate. For example, I had a match this weekend where I hooked a survivor within the first minute because they tried and failed to loop. His buddies left him until the entity was summoned and then pulled him off while I was cruising the gens. By dumb luck I find the injured survivor at a dull totem, he doesn't move (I guess my eyesight is based on movement) so I drop him and hook him. They leave him to die and in under 4 minutes, the game is over for him.

Right on time, I get a message from them "No skill, tunnel b**tch". You can't win I swear. His poor play got him hooked both times, he was never camped, and his poor tracking of my location is what let me find him the 2nd time.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334
    Lol I had a crybaby survivor as well today.  Was the obsession.  I left him for last and then juggled him to the hook.  He writes in all caps "You used a glitch!" I am reporting you! " I asked him "what glitch?" She says,  "You dropped me so I could not hit my decisive strike! " I lol.  Was funny.   
  • thenurse1248_PS4
    thenurse1248_PS4 Member Posts: 23
    Nos37 said:

Just had a match where I played a no-blink Nurse and a survivor messaged me after saying that I wasn't playing the game properly because I wasn't using my power.

You have permission to fire, hold nothing back, you're a nurse