HOW EXCITED WOULD YOU BE FOR THIS KILLER/CHAPTER: Marta - Outlast 2

TheButcher6641
TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252

I was participating in another poll when I thought of another great killer I would love to see. Marta would be a great addition to the killers because:

A) Both her appearance and her personality fit with the aesthetic of dbd.

B) She comes from a well-known and loved horror franchise.

C) There are some amazing ideas for a new map such as a sort of cultist village as seen in the game.

D) As a survivor you could play as Lynn Langermann your wife in outlast 2.

I don't think this is very likely to happen due to legal reasons but it's a fun thought to speculate on nonetheless. What are your opinions on the subject?

A picture of Marta from Outlast 2:

HOW EXCITED WOULD YOU BE FOR THIS KILLER/CHAPTER: Marta - Outlast 2 37 votes

1. I would hate this chapter with a passion
5%
kylerabdcgamer10ThisLooksLegit 2 votes
2. I would not be happy about this at all
8%
TapeKnotCornpopers_Evanbubbabrotha 3 votes
3. I would be mildly unhappy
0%
4. I'm neutral
37%
BardTerminatorGuyWalker_of_the_fog_96AxeAwkward_FiendFobbo_Entity_SCP_FOR_DBDmusefanCalamityJaneCheeseAntonHEX_MalusGreykaedediabloJacobD 14 votes
5. I would be happy with this
8%
Seiko300IronDerZuntor 3 votes
6. I would be really excited to see this chapter
10%
[Deleted User]RoffelbillynotstarboardMarc_go_solo 4 votes
7. I would love this and I'm hoping to see this chapter in the future.
24%
F60_31XxkuroxshiroxXanonymous31337Pior_Mortems300TsukiYureiTheButcher6641MathJoestarcastleofglass07 9 votes
Never heard of Outlast
5%
bjorksnasRattius 2 votes

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,814

Catamite to the devil!

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

Who?

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

I think there are better alternatives for killer options from the Outlast series. I'd much rather see Dr. Trager or Chris Walker, but Marta does come as a close third.

If you haven't heard of or played any of the Outlast games, can you even call yourself a horror gamer?

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    4. I'm neutral

Outlast seems like a decent series, haven't played it yet so I wouldn't be overjoyed.

• anonymous31337
    anonymous31337 Member Posts: 192

This is the only chapter I am waiting for. I'd prefer Miles or Waylon as a survivor though. We could also get legendary skins for Eddie, Trager and maybe even Chris Walker.

BTW What legal reasons do you have in mind?

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

No, I know of outlast, I just haven't heard of her.

• TheButcher6641

I just think that it would be unlikely that Red Barrels would agree to having Marta in dbd and that Behaviour Interactive would even consider including her. I might be wrong though, I hope I'm wrong.

• anonymous31337
    anonymous31337 Member Posts: 192

I also hope you are wrong :D Marta was my favorite antagonist in the entire outlast series.

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124

Eddie Gluskin is my favorite Outlast character though.

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434
    4. I'm neutral

Personally, I don't think Outlast 2 lived up to the name and impact that the first installment made in world of horror gaming. The first game is just more memorable even to this day, so I would prefer a killer and survivor from that instead. If they did make a DLC based off Outlast 2 however, I definitely wouldn't want Lynn to be the survivor. Blake went through far worse and deserves being in DBD canon far more. Poor guy. :(

• ms300
    ms300 Member Posts: 4

Marta would be an amazing killer and i feel like it would fit right in with dbd's style

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    4. I'm neutral

Outlast It's one of my favorite games, but I don't know if it would be a good license, it would be like a coin spinning in the air.

• TsukiYurei
    TsukiYurei Member Posts: 103

Highly would like to see her.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487
    4. I'm neutral

Neutral. If there was an Outlast chapter I'd WAY prefer it to be based on the first game, it was way better, way more well received, and the characters are cooler.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    4. I'm neutral

I rather have someone from outlast 1 like Trager or Chris

• TsukiYurei
    TsukiYurei Member Posts: 103

For people who saying I want outlast 1 it’s understandable.

But they should do a duel chapter with outlast 1 + 2 killers into dbd so get Marta and Trager.

That would be a wonderful Halloween chapter treat I say.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited September 2020

No wait, I think he's on to something, as I just remembered something that potentially loosely relates to her chances on getting in.

No "legal" obstacles per-se, but BHVR / The Dev team said in very clear and explicit terms a long time ago that they'd never do a religious chapter, they wanted nothing to do with controversy, social stigma, or alienate / frustrate players from those backgrounds. And by religious I / they mean / meant real actual religions like Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc.

They easily found a work-around instead that seemed to appease all parties both them and the playerbase by instead creating their own fictional ancient mythological religion which is the source of the Plague's backstory who is an ancient Babylonian Priestess.

However, Outlast 2 had absolutely NO qualms or hesitation when it came to dipping into those exact waters that created a seriously unsettling environment and extremely uneasy tone, atmosphere, and mindset for the player. One can definitely argue this is what made it not only an extremely successful horror game, but extremely effective in the sheer horror it was trying to instill into its audience. Not everyone will agree though, and I do remember upon Outlast 2's release there were plenty of articles and media outlets that really didn't like what they did and there was a certain air of controversy and even hostility toward the game from certain groups.

So like it or not, this is exactly what Dead By Daylight wants to avoid. Outlast 2's entire plot revolves around a violent extremist Christian cult in the backwood regions of Arizona. Marta, just like all the other character's are heavily and deeply tied to a disturbing perversion (or not? That's an aspect of the psychological horror of the game) of the Christian faith and symbolism that is blatantly unavoidable even on the very surface. She wears a rosary complete with a cross / crucifix on her wrist or waist if I recall correctly, and even the weapon she wields can very easily be interpreted as a physical manifestation of the Cross which she uses to violently brutalize and murder different characters (including the player if you get caught) throughout the game.

So unfortunately, I think these are some pretty condemning conclusive reasons / thoughts for why she wouldn't make it into the game, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It seems super obvious to me now, I can't believe I didn't remember or think of this before.

On the bright side, this doesn't mean the entirety of Outlast is thrown out the Window, only basically anything from the second game because of how deeply ingrained religion is tied into the plot and theme of the game and all its characters. We can all still continue to hope for Outlast representation in DBD from Outlast 1, Outlast 1's Whistleblower DLC, or the upcoming the Outlast Trials (Outlast 3). I'm still looking forward to an Outlast Chapter regardless, I think it's one of the most intense, scariest horror games out there in the industry and DBD would be a fool not to seek it out as a licensed addition to the cast, regardless of whatever form that addition may take.

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279

oh ######### I clicked the wrong one, I WOULD LOVE AN OUTLAST CHAPTER ITS IS MY DRWAM CHAPTER, but lynn should not be survivor, ever, I think we should have all three protagonists Blake as the main survivor or miles and the others as a legendary skins

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279

I desperately want this its literally MY DREAM CHAPTER, i would be so ######### happy

• TheButcher6641

I actually hadn't considered this. You clearly know your stuff. Thanks for taking the time to respond and contribute to this discussion.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,188

I forgot how intimidating she looks! If I remember rightly, her Mori would be an extremely painful way to go.

I'd rank this higher, were she not also in contention against other Outlast killers: Chris Walker/ Eddie Gluskin/ Richard Trager. Yet, Marta would certainly be welcome!