Thanks Devs for finally fixing Pyramid Head!

R.I.P. to everyone that faked his power to zone the survivor. Now you’ll really have to M1 or predict your punishment of the damned perfectly.

Comments

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

In my opinion I think it’s great balance. I actually tried to use my ranged attack in chases and I would miss them most of the time and it was a pretty lengthy cool down. Most PH I ran into never used his power just faked it for an M1. Now that they’re reducing the cooldown for the ranged attack, I can practice more without having that extra cooldown. This could allow people to master the ranged attack now.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

You don't even know the numbers, it could literally be 1-2 seconds. If you think faking the power will somehow disappear you're very wrong. It would have to be insanely high (like 5-7s) CD to make it disappear and that would never pass through the PTB.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Oh no I have to commit to not just get a free hit anymore. Also lol at "perfectly" if you aren't using a range extender and they're in range you should be hitting them at least 90% of the time. If they're centered as it appears its going to hit.

I might start playing him again. He seems less boring now that they made it more viable to use the projectile outside of windows and pallets.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Only one problem. You don't have full control over your movement when you're trying to use it. This makes it very easy to dodge, and you can't mindgame as much with it.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

That doesn’t matter. The point is they’re giving it a small cooldown as to where if you play him today you can instantly cancel the power with no cooldown zoning the survivor which is the biggest issue with him at the moment. (confirmed by the devs)

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I'm a big fan of the change, though they should probably make his wave easier to land to compensate.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,797

A well-aimed ranged attack already isn't really dodgeable on my typical ping, especially if visibility of the ground is obstructed (which it often is). He can still use his ranged power in much the same way he did before, except in some situations he will have to commit to attempting to land a hit he might not. However, he also won't be punished as much for trying, which means he can also try more cheeky, speculative hits through walls and things without as much of a penalty. Seems more fun for both sides tbh.

• ElementDoom
    ElementDoom Member Posts: 166

It doesn't matter how much you practice and there is no mastering the attack. There's a reason nobody ever used it aside from when survivors were stuck in an animation it totally locks your camera upon releasing it then gives the survivor a very clear danger zone with ample time to move out of it. The attack practically asks for permission to hit survivors but let's be honest you know that.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I'm a fan of the change, but I'd like to see more buffs to his ranged attack to make it easier to hit, and I'd like to see him get better turning as well.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

If the overall time from the outline being on the ground to getting hit was shorter I would say it was a positive change. If not pyramid seems to be a way worse killer now, but hey i'm not complaining pyramid is super boring.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I'd rather Deathslinger get a full rework into a 115 killer than get small buffs or nerfs to his current ability.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited September 2020

Don’t worry after the PTB I am sure people are going to cry about how he uses his power too much.

Not everyone that faked his power did it to exploit that ability, in many circumstances players got TOO greedy and they would have been hit either way. These are also the same players who don’t know how to run him.

Be careful what you wish for, is all I gotta say.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I don't get the argument of zoning being a bad way to play Pyramid Head. Fact is, it's just too easy for survivors to avoid Pyramid Heads ranged attack in many cases, att leastt it seems that way. No skill in the world will allow you to prevent the survivors to dodge your ranged attack. I do think this change is good, since survivors have so little counterplay against Pyramid Head right now, but I fear now the roles will just be switched, with PH's ranged attack being rather useless against top level survivors.

The decreased cooldown could be very helpful though, and of course we can't say for sure until the ptb comes out. Still, I feel like the ranged attack delay could need to be shortened just a tiny bit so his ranged atttack is still powerful.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Nope. It is back to nurse and just less killer variety for survivors.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Deathslinger would need a full on rework. You couldn't give him less chase power when hes already as slow and lacking map pressure as he is.

• Stains
    Stains Member Posts: 75

I would like to see a small buff to his turning rate when he is using rites of judgement

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

lmao this is what the game has come to "yay they nerfed another killer into being unviable".

Huntress/Demo can freely aim, PH can't. A slightly decreased cooldown does nothing to help out his power. On the brightside though now he's just another killer you can take to Ormond and bully eh?

• ClickyClicky

I know we disagreed a lot before but yeah you're right here lol.

Also this won't be the end of it. Even though control of the chase has now just been handed from PH to survivors, they're gonna keep petitioning for nerfs until they can use DS on cages.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

I wouldn't say they fixed PH. I'd say he is poorly designed and removing the only thing that made him strong still makes him poorly designed. PH needs a mini rework or even a full one.

Honestly, we should be able to sue devs for selling dlc and then nerfing it into the ground (not that I even play killer let alone PH). Balancing sure but nerfing it into the ground? There's a reason why any PH using his power normally was considered to be a noob PH. I'm sure they'll fix him eventually but eventually shouldn't cut it for paid dlc.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

I never bullied that guy that's the thing. I didnt choose the map, never brought an offering, none of my friends did it was random. I dont know why you feel the need to bring up flashlights when currently the item is pretty ok in terms of strength its garbage compares to years ago, and also I do run OoO is there a problem?

I purposely ran towards him to showcase that dumb no cooldown insta swing. I got out of that position because the gates were open.

That insta swing forces lose lose situations it is far from fair.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

After that change PH could really use some mobility buffs, because he is really slow and his power doesn't possess quick enough catching in order to compensate. Like +5% speed while walking on rites of judgement etc.

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2020

His power will be worse than Clown's. At least he has the torment thingy or he would be literally the worst killer in the game after this nerf. ######### it, back to Spirit.

• ClickyClicky

That's the funny thing, making him less viable in chase just means the few remaining PH players are now going to feel compelled to tunnel harder to compensate for a weaker killer.

Oh well I'm sure that will get changed too eventually.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

While how they changed him seems fine and balanced atleast. What was the point in changing him? It just seems like a common sense thing to only use your ranged attack at pallets and windows other wise leave trails and don’t do it. But I guess if it doesn’t ruin placing trails efficiently I can’t complain too much.

• Endstille
    edited September 2020

Yeah we did do that alot but you came along way since then, i think I already asked you what changed but I think you just started to play more killer. Not sure but at least from my point of view, you dropped alot of the survivor bias.

Could be that they keep crying, idk, predropping pallets is very difficult. I fear he is going to become just another killer you do not see. Oh well we are used to the nerf spirit threads. Honestly how many billies do you see now? :D told you that would happen

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

That guy you replied to is what I'd call a reddit/forums killer main, he's always posting this same kind of ######### and seems like the kind of guy who blames every loss on 'survive with friends/gen speeds!!!'. No point even discussing with someone like that lol

• ClickyClicky

I stopped playing solo that's why. I think thats where a lot of survivor frustration comes from. You just gotta accept though that solo is pretty much dead and that the game needs to be balanced for SWF. Only hope is MMR, good solo players do exist its just that with so many new players and more importantly the current rank reset system you get all the potatoes forming solo queue. All the genuine good survivors with thousands of hours only play swf now. Maybe if MMR actually works the good players will be put together again like the old days.

Billy is weird. He disappeared for me months before the nerf. Late 2018/early 2019 I used to do rank 1 survivor a lot and there was loads, late last year/early this year though he disappeared and that was before the nerfs were ever announced. I'll just put it down to more options. A lot of people were sleeping on spirit back when billy was popular then she got known as the "high tier killer thats easier to play than Nurse" and took Billy's spot. Then you throw in Oni, Freddy etc

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I have absolutely no idea what people are talking about when they say this. With crossplay I am consistently getting different killers, often several games in a row before a repeat.

Maybe the people who keep bringing up this inane argument just do not ever play survivor so they have no idea what the experience is like.

Also, acting like there's not strong killers other than Nurse is just nonsense.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Just died on first hook from a camping slinger I ran the entire game. Dont complain about swf as long as the devs wont make an actual ranking system.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

As someone who came back to DBD specifically to try out Pyramid Head, I found him very boring. He's much less fun than other killers. I can't see this change being anything other than a net nerf, though. Unless you're in a hallway or have the reaction time of a jar of pickles, it really doesn't matter how low the cooldown on the ranged attack is, because it has such an unbelievable telegraph (and the further away you are from PH, the longer you have to move out of the way, since it hits in chunks) that it makes it very impractical to use in chases where you can't guarantee a hit.

I imagine this will open up more opportunities to hit survivors through walls with less punishment for missing, but I dunno... I feel like he needs a bigger change. I posted on the suggestion forum a while back that I think if he could move faster while on his own trails in exchange for doubling the timer of whatever segment he's on disappear, it could really open him up for some better map control and more creative use of the trails. On top of that, if he got a minor boost to aim speed and/or M2 attack activation delay reduction while on trails, that could be fun.

I don't think PH was anything other than a boring killer before this, and after this I think he's just going to be a boring killer that's weaker but can sometimes make a cool through-the-wall attack a bit more reliably. I'd love for them to do more with his trails, which are unique and have so much potential.

• Endstille

Ah I see yeah, i used to be like that well i think i was even extreme uh, so I refused to play solo at all because of the teammates and even wouldn't want to play like with people I know that are bad at the game because it tilted me too much. Nowadays i am actually able to play solo again, i just basicly do not give a flyin f about anything that happens in the match. I take my fun from the little moments i guess, uh you know when you make a fool out of the killer, trolling him or teammates doesnt matter for me as long as i can lmao. But yeah swf cures alot of suffering from survivor.

I sincerely doubt that mmr will be the answer, i wish that is the case but the time when it was on, i felt bad just for playin and stomping noobs all over the place be it as survivor or killer.

Regarding billy, uh i think he was always balanced and for me know, i dont want to play him not because of the overcharge but the fun part of him was taken to a point i do not like. His roar idk it just feels supersilly and i enjoyed billy because of the mechanical skill he required, what you said is odd cause i only saw the rise in spirit when they changed nurse and most people dropped her and went to spirit instead. Anyway thanks for the explanation, have fun in the fog.

• Endstille

I actually do play alot of survivor but the killers that i would attribute strong is exactly one and that is spirit aside from nurse. Everything else is just well too lackluster regarding the chase and thus gets dumped on bigtime, feelfree i mean yeah i do see the occasional wraith but he will not play wraith after the match because we kept him in stunlock with flashlights. There is oni, freddy, spirit ofc and here or there are diffrent killers but strong ones? idk why you think that comment is insane pls explain how that is the case. not mentioning that lots of people have not high enough tolerance to deal with all the bugs nurse suffers from.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2020

Yeah, problem with DeathSlinger is he is extremely opresive in a chase with his power (add Deep Wounds to the mix to make him almost impossible to juke) but he has nothing else, if they nerf the gun they need to give him something because outside of being a pain to get rid of once he finds you there is nothing more going for him, if you buff his speed/mobility his chase becomes even stronger, I dont think there is a right way to balance him without changing him.

They really need to rework him.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Now the BHVR has directly addressed the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" feeling with PH, im curious if they go the same route with Slinger or even Spirit.

Slinger especially has the same issue.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

I wonder what other damned if you do, damned if you don't, lose-lose situation the devs could possibly address... Hmm...

HMMMMMMMMMMMM...

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

I main PH and I believe the nerf is a good thing.

But I gotta say, unless the recovery after firing his ranged attack is reduced by like 2 seconds, he should get more compensation for this. His 50/50 was his main strength.

If they want to fit his "map-manipulation" theme, they could make his ranged attack linger for a bit after firing, making it useful for area-denial. More cool stuff you could do with it.

• ClickyClicky

Not a chance they’re knocking 2 seconds off it.

Also they arent buffing anything other than cooldown. They’ve had months to listen to the feedback and have chosen to ignore all the feedback from people that actually play him.

Hence why its a nerf. Dont fall for their spin.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

No fun allowed in dbd, know your place lol.

But seriously, he needs more cause i doubt they are reducing recovery by 2 secs, maybe in the next midchapter or next year they'll increase his reach on his m2 lmao.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

The irony of you saying this to azame of all people is so delicious