The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Healing in the basement after being unhooked

Fog_King
Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Question for survivors. After you are unhooked from the basement, do you let the survivor who saved you heal you/heal yourself in the basement or you run right away from the basement and heal somewhere else?

I usually just run out of the basement and heal after, but just had a match where the survivor that was saved refused to leave the basement until he was healed, which resulted in the killer coming back and hurting the same survivor again. What do you do?

Healing in the basement after being unhooked 80 votes

Heal/get healed in the basement
15%
Dr_Loomiskaratinac97ThePolicemagicmaster2020Pior_MorteGhouled_MojoBrequeJunsuinaHex_Llamagetuy45u4iuTheButcher6641Aspekt 12 votes
Run out of the basement and heal after
85%
Seiko300InjiAcromioBlueberryTapeKnotGcarraraJotaFog_KingZCerebrateFiv55Boosted_Dwightmusstang62TaigaAhoyWolfArcticWolfpichumudkipthenegativoneoh_0kDicklayciaEnderloganYT 68 votes

Comments

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Why would I give Leatherkek the perfect chance to use his otherwise laughable chainsaw?

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Staying in the basement when the killer knows you're down there is just asking for trouble.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

No

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220
    edited September 2020

Honestly it depends

Edit: fixed typo

Post edited by 0mikeya0 on
  • Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

I think it's more nuanced than Yes or No and I would honestly put "sometimes" if OP had made that a poll option, unfortunately they didn't.

Many killers honestly don't come back to check the basement and I've healed / been healed plenty of times down there before running up and potentially being seen. Especially if whoever is doing the healing has some kind of perk that boosts healing speed like We'll Make it, Botany Knowledge, Desperate Measures, etc.

Although not every time, most recently I tried doing this a couple days or a week ago at the end of a match that I needed to escape from for an archive challenge. All the gens were done, I had been hooked in basement (for the first time) but the killer was on the other side of the map chasing the obsession, feeling particularly safe I decided to stay in basement and let myself be healed. Obsession goes down and I start to get concerned because I'm not seeing him get picked up and I hear the TR slowly approaching- no time to finish the heal so I run out and proceed to get involved in a lengthy chase and long story short killer tunnels me for two more hooks even though he had a guy (who had been hooked before) down on the ground and could have hooked him instead. Guy decided he could net more pressure (again, all the gens were done doors were just 99 and he hadn't been doing well all game) by going all the way back to the basement on the other side of the map and getting me downed again. He didn't, he was only trading which survivor he killed, but oh well whatever.

So yeah, the basement heal isn't always the safest thing to do. At the same time running out of the basement and being potentially spotted while injured can lead to a similarly unfortunate outcome. It depends on the situation: what map, where the basement is, what killer you're up against, how many generators have been completed, the situation with how many survivors are injured / downed / hooked / dead, etc.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487

The only time I'd heal in the basement is if I'm in SWF and I know the killer's not coming back AND we have We'll Make It. It simply isn't worth the risk.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

Default decision is always 'get out first, then heal'. Depending who you are going against you might heal with We Will Make It in the basement and/or if a second person came in the basement to double heal.

The one you never stay in the basement with is Bubba. GET OUT ASAP.

• Rockatansky
    Rockatansky Member Posts: 32

No. But, yes.

Too many variables to take into account for a direct answer.

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345

Almost always run out. The only exception would be if there was a way to know for sure the killer is busy elsewhere and unlikely to return.

For example you can see someone in a chase while on hook, or you have empathy and see someone get hit other side of map, etc.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

It depends on the situation. If it's safe to heal in the basement -- like, if we have a sense of where the killer is and it's not basement, and/or the person doing the healing has perks or items that make the healing go fast, I think it's better to heal first so you can take the extra hit if something goes wrong.

I've lingered in the basement lots of times without anything bad happening, but it's a gamble either way.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

It all depends. If you have a medi-kit, how many of you are left, where the killer is, which killer you're facing, how many hooks you have left, if the unhooked survivor had been behaving. There are a number of things to consider.

Usually if I basement unhook and can't hear the terror radius, I'll heal them.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Taking a neutral stance here. I run an "Extreme healing efficiency" perk set and usually try to heal on the spot (I've had times where the survivor was healed and still had BT) but sometimes I'll just run out if the hook isn't perfectly safe and may become dangerous quickly.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195

I would only stay in the basement if the person has We'll Make it

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

95% of the time, get the hell out and away from the basement. You shouldn't have been near it to begin with. Loop away from the basement as much as possible

But if you know the killer is across the map and you have We'll Make it, then maybe.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

It's not that i don't want to heal you or be healed in the basement... It's just that out of extraordinary situations, i pretty much like to survive a bit longer. 😁

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

It depends, if the killer is luring close to the basement or if I'm not sure he has left most times I run outside. If I know that he's far away, on the other side of the map, or chasing someone else, then I might stay down there to get healed.

• karatinac97
    karatinac97 Member Posts: 210

It depends on the killer and situation. There are certain killers you want to avoid being anywhere near the basement. Then depending if the killer is very close then it's gonna be difficult to get out. If you can heal in time before they get come down it's a good tactic (especially if they're waiting at the top of the stairs).

If the killer is really far away or busy, in my opinion, it's better just to heal ASAP. Generally I Iike to heal/be healed after unhooking, unless killer is right there.

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252

The basement is a safe place to heal. There are multiple lockers, walls to hide behind, Its secluded so the killer can't stumble upon you randomly and 90% of the time there is a chest which could contain a medkit. Therefore I always heal in the basement unless the killer is nearby and knows my location.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499

Most of the time I have We'll Make It, so it just makes sense

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

if you stay and hide in the basement, im not saving you again

• ArcticWolf
    ArcticWolf Member Posts: 44

Depends on if the killer tunnels or not. If they dont tunnel then we stay if we do get tunneled we attempt to get out.

• BubbleWrap
    BubbleWrap Member Posts: 22

Typically, it's way safer to escape and then heal if you're given the opportunity. There have been very, very few times I have ever healed after a basement unhook, I was playing with a friend and they asked me to. I had We'll Make It and was able to heal them by the time the killer came back, letting us escape.

That was one time out of probably over 200 hours. So, it can happen, but it's not likely :p

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155

It depends. I play in a SWF so if I know the killer is on someone else who's not in basement, then sure if the person who unhooked me wants to heal me then why not.