Disconnects are becoming problematic.

Options
shalo
shalo Member Posts: 1,501

PS. Who DCs because of Legion in 2020???

Comments

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193
    Options

The problem is the 3 minute ban doesn't discourage it - I would prefer to see a different punishment, such as making them play their next game with no perks, add ons and/or items, perhaps scaling this up for successive DCs. Until the punishment is a real deterrant, the DCing will continue.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited September 2020
    Options

Yeah thats pretty much spot on. The stalemate. The amount of games I've seen where the last few survivors will just run at the killer and hope he'll hook them to end the game is stupid.

I maintain my opinion that while Spirit/Slinger/PH and Huntress (mainly just that absurd Hatchet hitbox) have minor flaws in their design, Legion is by far the worst designed killer ever put in this game.

He never should have made it past the design draft stage.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 783
    Options

Understandable, but OP is running the least meta perks I can think of. Furtive Chase and Nemesis? That's an obsession roulette build.

• gibblywibblywoo
    Options

I didn't watch the video. No real need to. We all know DCs are a problem. Mainly because they disabled the penalty again. I assume hes good if he isnt relying on this perks but unfortunately he makes up a minute fraction of Legion players.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 783
    Options

I'm just saying it doesn't benefit anyone to DC as soon as they see it's a Legion, without at least playing for a bit to see if it's a good Legion.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641
    Options

While I don't agree with their actions of rage quitting/DCing out - I do sometimes feel a yawn coming on when I see my 10th legion in a single night as it's a very 1 dimensional killer even if he can be used to good effect. The M1 Killer chases without powers gets old especially since many (reluctant to say most) of the legions don't mind game at all once you're injured and one of the few fun things to do is to make them whiff their FF attack at the start of the game or even play pallet chicken standoff against a Frenzied Legion waiting for you to drop it then slamming it perfectly on his face to cancel the very first FF (This actually makes some Legions DC themselves from my experience)

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

So far this has made the Devour Hope rift challenge very difficult for me. As soon as they’re exposed, they panic. Sone might DC right there. If you get to mori level, good luck actually completing it,

Maybe increase timeouts, starting with 1 hour minimum, but give the option to pay increasingly expensive bloodpoint costs to unlock their next match. If they go broke, then they have to wait out the timer.

• ZCerebrate
    edited September 2020
    Options

Specifically for Tome IV's "Extinction of Hope Challenge" keep in mind that you don't have to have the hex totem still up and use the expose/mori aspect of it directly to complete the challenge. Just having the perk equipped (whether the hex gets broken or not) and using a green or pink mori + other expose conditions like running it on Ghost Face or Mike Myers or using Make your Choice on Wraith or Hag will also count towards it. Should basically be a one and done - and most survivors won't disconnect against a Ghostface or Myers downing them... a mori off first hook is a coin flip but if you run an Ebony then you get 4 tries to see if all four of them pull the plug, I find it unlikely that it'll go that way if the match went on for a bit for all 4 players to DC (Though not impossible.... so just don't be that unlucky).

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266
    Options

I've been playing survivor recently and all 3 other survivors dced as soon as they got down, I agree DC penalties need to return it hurts survivors and killers

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

That isn't a punishment. honestly first dc should be 10 minutes, then 20 then an hour, then 4 hours then 8 hours i don't care what it should be account based with data on the servers that can not be manipulated. if you tell me well a reduction of blood points is a punishment, that's bull. people give up blood points to dc, why would they care they won't get many for x matches? and perkless? I've seen people doing blood webs with characters they are only trying to get teachables on and forget and go in with that character they say "welp! I forgot to switch off so looks like i'm playing perkless!" hell i've done this and well i did better because i wasn't thinking how to use my perks in the match i was just surviving and doing things. that isn't a penalty. IF you DC obviously you don't want to play so time outs are a perfect penalty, they can go do what ever for that time!

• Freki
    Options

and it will slow down survivors and killers who did not disconnect more than these people. so they would get to play and be rewarded while causing others to be penalized. again this is not a punishment it's a reward.

• Freki
    Options

and honestly you should you'll get a laugh out of this... in seconds and one hit it was down to a 1v1! (no op not a laugh at you, just the situation!)

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I seriously doubt the disconnect crowd outnumber the rest of us. They seem to be a distinct minority. I don't think it would slow us down at all.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

bring back DC bans not going to stop it just kill the self on first hook see by pass the ban.

• Freki
    Options

it's simple mathematics. take 50 killers, 200 survivors. if you remove 3 surivivors people wait. remove 50 survivors and 5 killers that leaves 45 killers and 150 survivors. some of those killers get long wait times because there is not enough people for matches.

• PsycologicalTrick
    Options

That is a great idea. Also, we could reward players that do not disconnect. for example, for every player that disconnected, at the end of the match, every remained player will gain an extra 5000 bloodpoints.

punishment for frequently disconnecting player, the chance of getting higher rarity items, offering etc will decreases for every disconnect. this effect will remain until they exit the "special que".

• gibblywibblywoo
    Options

Oh wow you're right. THat's absurd. Maybe it was a Swf that really, really hate legion. Its not even a good map for him with all the crap in the way.

• Moundshroud
    edited September 2020
    Options

Except they aren't really removed, they are diverted. It will be the same number of Players, with the minority of those who abuse the disconnect forced to play in their much smaller (and probably slower) Que. I don't care about them, to be perfectly honest. What it means is that while we will have a small minority broken off, we will have fewer people that disconnect. I'd gladly wait a couple of extra minutes for that since losing 5-10 on a wasted wait, load up, and ruined game is FAR WORSE.

Besides, they are going to hate being in the DC Que, and many of them will work to get back into the real one by stopping disconnecting. It is a self-correcting issue.

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193
    Options

I longer time to start with might help but I honestly doubt e en 10 minutes for the first offense would help. DCing has been prevailent this afternoon, with both killer and survivors quitting because they weren't winning/downed early/just didn't like the killer/someone in there SWF quit.

I do believe making them play without perks and items is a punishment - no ability to self care, do DS, etc. No toolbox with a new part to speed things up. I agree that blood points aren't an incentive to stop DCing but I would still ban add ons as there are other things that can make their game easier. Yes, some people might relish the game without perks but there are plenty of people who rely on certain perks and with them taken away they will suffer.

I don't know the answer, only that there needs to be a real deterrant or DCing will continue. I hope they'll find a solution that works.

• Freki
    Options

if they are not in the normal queue for matches it affects those that are in the normal queue. if you can't math then well i'm sorry

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704
    Options

I have no respect for survivor that dc out of nothing,and the ones that kill themselves on hook and feed themselves to the killer for no reason?You know why BHVR babysits survivors so much,because they got used to it,they are a bunch of babies,I really tried my best to make soloq sufferable but its just the most unfun experience I ever had in a game,respect to the legend survivor who never do that especially the ones that can still play good without crutch meta perks like ds,dead hard.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543
    Options

"They seem to be a distinct minority"

The way you've been talking one would think that every game you play you end up with DCs.

• Moundshroud
    edited September 2020
    Options

I can add, subtract, multiply, and divide. I can even do statistical equations. What I'm pointing out is one "disconnect" can ruin (and usually does) an entire game. This is how the process goes right now:

1. We go ready to look for a match.
    2. We find a match and people have a chance to leave the Lobby before the game starts (perfectly acceptable).
    3. Somebody disconnects after the game has started to load. This causes a net loss of minimum (5) minutes for everyone involved.

OR

1. A Killer disconnects and Everyone loses out and the net loss is usually 5-10 minutes. *More if some of the game is played.
    2. A Survivor (or several) disconnect after the game has started. This is absolutely the WORST outcome because losing even one Survivor can cause the remaining three a long, miserable game. Net loss up to 20+ minutes.

Now, I know you feel my basic skills with numbers are suspect, but I want to point out that diverting a minority of problem players to their own Que will result between 1-5 minutes longer looking for a game. That means the worst case of my suggestion is no worse than the BEST case of the current disconnect situation. So, yes.. I will gladly wait a few extra minutes to get my match started knowing it isn't going to be ruined and thus lose even MORE time.

• Freki
    Options

ok here is the math: say there are 50 killers, and 200 survivors. people are getting matches as fast as matches end. now take 5 killers out for dcing and 50 survivors for dc'ing that is 45 killers and 150 survivors. the 150 survivors leaves 2 survivors looking for matches and 8 killers waiting for matches. so people are going to be waiting 4-20 minutes for a match as survivors or longer for killers. that's the match of it so those 5 killers are getting constant matches, and the 50 survivors 30 are always waiting for a match to group up. so what happens when the ones waiting for matches decide to quit the game? now more people dc and it gets even worse. this is what I am talking about and you think people are going to be happy with 20 minute wait times?

• TransverseCaster
    Options

"I can even do statistical equations"

This is one of those things that sounds good when you're 16 but not after taking college level statistics lol

• Moundshroud
    Options

Except that doesn't really jive with how things have gone in the past. Even when our Disconnect Penalties were in place, hitting people HARD... it was preventing them from playing for a period of time. That means the SAME people were still diverted (just to no games instead of games with each other). During that period, every period where the DC penalties were in effect, the average wait time only increased by 1-3 minutes depending on region.

I don't question your math. I'm saying that it isn't a direct correlation to wait time. What is a direct correlation to lost time is disconnects. Penalties or their own Que, whichever is ultimately done, still ends up being the lesser of two evils.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

DC's are not "becoming" problematic. They've "been" problematic" for awhile.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Maybe it's because I have crossplay off but DCs seemed to have decreased on PS4 for me. Still have couple games a session with them but not nearly as bad as it used to be. Maybe players with crossplay off are just enjoying the games more or want the XP to finish the rift. 🤷‍♀️

• TransverseCaster
    Options

I actually believe it because I've had similar things happen. Three docs in a row all NOED or three Gordon's in a row. Actually facing Gordon is always a pleasure. But my point is that I believe it can happen. There are only like two popular builds on Freddy anyways.

• gibblywibblywoo
    Options

I go against him to an absurd degree in red ranks. I can only assume its the low effort/high reward aspect. I can't remember the last Billy I went against, thought that may be in part to his mobility nerf.

• Freki
    Options

so you are willing to give people who disconnect a faster play time, more time playing, and you are willing to take extended delays as a player? I guess you really want to reward them. I'd rather take longer queue times knowing that people are not being rewarded for cheating. That's my thoughts, better I suffer as long as they are not rewarded.

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135
    Options

Every disconnect is a -25,000 BP loss for the disconnector. Played yesterday and every 2 out of 3 games had disconnects. Frustrating as heck.

If 25k isn't enough, then hit them with 50k.

• 1anioh
    1anioh Member Posts: 62
    Options

Ugh, I get a DC almost every match. It's gotten to the point now where if two people DC before the first gen is done I just throw the game for the remaining two survivors. I get one hook on each and down them occasionally throughout the match but mostly I just go a find a chest to stare at really hard.

This used to be a once a week type situation. I did this six times yesterday in like four hours. Ugh.

• Moundshroud
    Options

Absolutely. I say let the disconnecting ilk play with each other ALL THEY WANT. If they get a faster que... GREAT... they will be playing with fewer different people.... /and/ with people who disconnect all the time. I call it justice. Let them taste that for a bit and I suspect you will get a change of behavior.

• ZCerebrate
    edited September 2020
    Options

Just do full chases and down them as normal - hook and run to the other end of the map and allow a fully safe rescue (even a heal if you want). Run around until you find the other guy - give that guy a full chase and down as normal. Repeat until either one person decides to pull the plug himself (It happens) or dies on hook. Let the other guy get hatch or down him and carry him til he struggles off or until you find hatch... move onto the next match.

It's not a fair game for sure as survivors basically have no chance to win without your mercy but I do this since it does happen multiple times a night even for me (given the current penalty-less climate of the game) because I'm not going to be an easy game that many survivors seem to desire.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539
    Options
  • Freki
    edited September 2020
    Options

mean while you get 20+ minute queue times. you really want to sit there waiting for a lobby for 20 minutes???? while they get to play and play and play. I would not like that myself I'd rather not have the ones cheating get to play while I have to wait why reward cheating?

• Moundshroud
    Options

Again, I have never had wait times like that. So I don't think sending the troublemakers off will result in that. We can agree to disagree. My personal, FAVORITE thing would be to ban them, with ever increasing lengths of the ban until they change the behavior or go away. However, due to hackers fiddling with bans, that isn't really on the table right now.

Hackers cannot control which QUE people go into, however, which is why I say don't ban them. Don't even tell them. It is just something that triggers with excessive disconnects. They will just quietly be moved off to the Disconnect Loser Que. *It has to be a pattern, regular disconnects because we don't want to punish people who have a legitimate issue with connection, system, or emergency.

When said players have played a certain number of games without disconnecting, they get routed back into the larger que with the rest of us. Me, I wouldn't even tell ANYONE that it is happening. I'd rather have them complain about their long waits than complain about their persecution. My point is, disconnects are a problem and it is getting worse. The only solutions are BAN or consolidate them together. I really don't care which as long as SOMETHING is done. Since the ban has the issue with the hackers, that brings us down to ONE option. *Unless we can get the hacker thing fixed.

• Freki
    Options

i've seen queue times be high up becuase one side has less people (usually survivors) and the killers are waiting for people to finish matches. ask most killers about queue times. GET rid of cheaters. hackers give people bad times as well

• skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179
    Options

Because killers have become problematic. Legion is unfun and miserable to play against to this day.

Instead of applying DC bans as if they committed a federal crime, the developers should actually make killers enjoyable to go against. Punishing people for leaving a match that they're not enjoying is a great way to further kill your game. The devs are great at making moves to kill the game though.

• posterum
    posterum Member Posts: 48
    edited October 2020
    Options

Against Legion or Ghost Face? I disconnect. Lame OP killers who will make the game drag on. And I don't care about the penalties. I just go play something else. And if it lasts long enough, I might even spend months without playing.

Instead of banning people for DC, they should think why those people have DCed in the first place. They started putting new DLC-overpowered killers and nerfing survivors.

If I get frustrated playing something that was supposed to amuse me, I'll disconnect - and this has nothing to do with me winning or losing, I am fine losing several matches. But if it becomes a drag and annoying - like playing against ghost face or legion, who are usually played by camper tunnelers running bbq and chili and ruin - it just becomes boring and a waste of time. Hence, disconnect.

They should give bonuses to players who stay in the game, instead of additional penalties for those quitting. The PIP penalties are already there, no point in adding to that.

Penalties are not an effective way of changing behavior - drugs are there to prove it.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

It´s gotten so bad with the DCs. I hope the DEVs will implement some sort of anti cheat software soon so penaltys can make a return.

Tonight I decided to play some GF, I haven´t played him in quite some time. First match I get rekt, fine, it happens. Then three matches where the first guy I mark and take down DCs, one time taking his SWF buddy with him.

I´m sick of having "farm games" so often. I usually don´t mind them in case something fishy has happened or sth, and they can be quite fun, but now it´s like every other game. Please, invest in anti cheat software and bring back DC penaltys, it´s starting to seriously impact the enjoyment of DBD.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Yeah no. Cause that would clog up all the other normal ques of people who want to get in matches. The DC penalty should simply not exist

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    Options

I mean if they started addressing more of the issues that cause people to d/c maybe there would be less of them? Gamebreaking bugs, unfun mechanics, a huge and heavy snowball, bullshit RNG, really bad hit detection/hitboxes, horrible latency, framedrops and massive lag with some killers (doctor anyone?) or maps, certain killers causing migraines/eyestrain for players (doctor, clown), and more. Give players who can't play against Plague because they have severe emetophobia some sort of filter or alternate to her puking. Hell add a playback feature so a person can go back and look when something makes them go, "What the ######### was that?!" because not everyone has (or can have) a recording device on from the start to end of every match.

Yes some people still might d/c for petty reasons at times but, a happy playerbase usually leads to less disconnects overall I'd say.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 568
    Options

Now, Imagine DCs happening during Tome V challenges. Its going to be rough, in my opinion. If I get DCs surivvors, I don't farm unless two DCs happens. I turn it into "Whoever is the last man standing get the hatch."