Is matchmaking borked again?

Xbob42
Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

I keep getting matched up in games like this. Normally this does happen every once in a while (but usually there's at least 1 person around my rank) but tonight I keep getting these poor souls who kind of don't stand a chance. Is MMR back on?

Comments

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I have been having this too.

One of the more egregious ones being a rank 4 solo survivor matched with a team of three rank 16 survivors against a rank 11 clown.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

They fixed matchmaking?

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

No, but it was kind of nice being put against people of my own rank. Rank might mean almost nothing, but me going against people with like 50 hours is even worse.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Afaik it's been bonked since the Stranger Things hotfix and just kinda... Never got fixed.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

The thing is it was never fixed and just got better from the borked killer matchmaking stuff.

Also crossplay inflated all rank pools thus making it easier for the game to match green with green and so on. But I think more and more people are opting out, for various reasons like different optimization/controls, which decreases the individual player pools and brings us back to the sloppy matchmaking we had before .

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

I think you are on the right path here, I have a pretty large group of friends on ps4 and we slowly all opted out of cross play, as it isn't fair to play on an inferior machine.

I can tell you that the ps4 only matches are back being pretty fast, around 60-120 seconds as a survivor and 30 seconds for killers.

Overall I am happy with having opted out and will never go back unless everything is made equal

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345

Is it even broke though?

I am sure it does it's best to match evenly, but in the end it can only match you with people who are actually available at the time.

Would you rather have to wait 10 minutes for 4 people who are the same rank to finish their current games?

Ultimately, it's a trade off between queue times vs balancing ranks. You can't have both (at least not every game anyway)

• From what I understand, this type of huge rank gaps usually happens when they are SWF. All my friends have different ranks and we always seem to gain a super random killer from virtually any rank. Yesterday I played with two of them, two of us were red ranks while the other was yellow rank. First killer two killer were yellow. then green and finally a red rank. But in general matchmaking in this game has always been hilariously weird.