I'll say it again...VAULT SPEED BUILD IS POINTLESS

I keep using the vault speed build 'Resilience and spine chill' It has only worked once in the history of me using it.

Every other time I just get hit when I touch the floor, and you can say 'latency this latency that' but I've had less than 50 ping before and i still get hit n land in the middle of the shack after landing the vault (medium or fast).

My next concern is I've seen the speed diff when medium vaulting, It does look faster, but does it not affect fast vaults? Because I seem to fast vault the exact same speed, same thing with pallets. I thought the build was to help with pallet loops but I end up getting mindgame and get hit anyway so...it don't help me.

I wanna keep using it, I don't know why, its just one of those builds you WANT to work because it could be rlly cool to use against but maybe it's just not meant for me?

I'm not trying to start toxic arguments, I'm simply ranting about the build and how it's done no difference to my playstyle or performance.

Comments

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

It's not that much of a difference but can help when you're looping a semi-safe / unsafe pallet and gives you a bit more time to react to a double fake. That being said, it is still pretty marginal.. 15% on a .5 second vault isn't that much.

You can especially tell the difference if you try a dumb tech or a CJ.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Your ping isn't your only latency its your ping + the killers ping so its on average double if not more

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I think the vault speed build's actual power is the placebo effect. People think "omg that was so close it must have been the vault speed build that saved me!" when in reality the killer just had perfect ping+perfect internet.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

It has about the same overall effect as Bamboozle. Taking 15% off a 1.5 second vault is almost pointless. Bamboozle at least has the ability to force drop certain god pallets earlier.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Its a good build. It can save you in some situations

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Know when you're playing killer and miss a vaulting survivor by exactly 15%?

Yeah, that was a vaulting build.

• SpicyTopRamen
    SpicyTopRamen Member Posts: 68

It's not terrible, you just have to be really good at looping. I personally can't get it to work but I'm also not a looper. Lol

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

It would be awesome, but you play a game where you get punished for having a good connection.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Try Quick 'n Quiet + lithe + Dance With Me (with spine chill) to vault silently into a sprint leaving no scratch marks. Provides there are good line of site blockers I can usually get away about 75 percent of the time using that build.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

Record some vids cause you could just be looping poorly.

• Dragonivy759
    Dragonivy759 Member Posts: 29

This^

I have lost so many survivors because they don't leave scratch marks or a noise notification when they vault and I get so confused.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

Vault speed build isnt pointless, you just need good looping skills.

So step 1 for everyone. Get good at looping.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I think this person doesn't realize that the "vault speed build" buffs all actions.

+15% speed on generators, totems, healing, exit gates and unhooks can be even more clutch than the vaults

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,443

The only vault speed build I care for is Tier 3 Myers with Bamboozle and Fire up. 😎

• Malkraz
    Malkraz Member Posts: 112

Let's take a look at the numbers. Keep in mind the conditions for this build operating at maximum impact require

1. You are injured
    2. The Killer is looking in your direction

There are plenty of situations where only 1 or neither condition is met while you are in the process of vaulting.

Standard Window Vault Speed: 0.5 seconds

Resilience Impact: 9% or 0.045 seconds

Spine Chill Impact: 6% or 0.03 seconds

Cumulative Impact: 15% or 0.075 seconds

"Vault Build" Vault Speed: 0.425 seconds

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Don't strictly use it for vault speed. I run Resilience, Spine Chill, Lithe and Self-Care.

Spine Chill for detection, Resilience for speeds while injured because if you aren't getting hit, the killer is trash or using a chainsaw, Lithe because exhaustion perk and Self-Care to heal up and 99 the heals for Resilience.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

It especially doesn't matter when killers can swipe at a diagonal angle and hit you regardless. I've had it work wayyyy too many times against me and while playing killer.

• konstanzamarie
    konstanzamarie Member Posts: 3

I never dedicate to a build like that there are so many good builds you can do now try the locker build head on red herring inner strength and quick and quiet no one tell the devs how over powered this build is I find full use out of it in every single match but I've tried out so many I've even swapped out quick and quiet for other stuff like spine chill and iron will I think the only counter is iron maiden really other than that 10/10 recommend but there are so many good ones and vault speed is what higher rank survivors use to troll baby killers and I'm not into that I only run vault speed when I need to be chased by killer and need them on me the whole match pretty much to get a challenge done that's it

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited September 2020

Its not pointless, it just isn't as noticeably impactful as small/micro pp, SC/Botany, IW/UE, etc.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

are you on WIFI or hard wired?

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Trust me, it's helpful. As someone who is notorious at getting hit through windows during fast vaults that looked fine on my side, vault speed build can be a god send. I'll go from my windows being inconsistent due to what I feel is latency on the killer's end (I say this because I have a stable connection that sits right between 60-65 ms- not sure about killer's connection when I'm in game though. Might also just be the weird hit detection system though.) to my windows being extremely consistent.

To be fair though, usually Spine Chill is enough to give me consistent windows, so I don't run the two together often. (After like 10 games of no chest build I gotta go back tbh.)

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Don’t forget Bamboozle + Fire Up on Wraith running Shadow Dance Blood + White

(and Brutal Strength for hilariously absurd pallet breaking speed)

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 349

People really like to sleep on Fire Up with Myers and I mean this unironically.

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

I've never been outplayed by a player with a vault speed build, its as if there's no difference which makes sense as 15% of what 0.5 is hardly anything

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

I mean personally for loops like shack vault speed has saved me on multiple occasions, usually my build is either vault speed, OoO, ds if I'm feeling like looping for 5 gens or kindred, vault speed, and lne other perk I can't remember

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Dedicated servers.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

It's great until you face a console killer with mediocre or awful internet, where you have to predrop everything 2 seconds early and MAYBE still get hit. But yeah, otherwise very fun.