Should Hatch Be Removed?

Rescultir
Rescultir Member Posts: 185
edited September 2020 in Polls

With the ability to close the hatch, survivors have now started to just camp doors and just let the killer close it. Sluggin will still be a thing with or without a hatch since the doors would only be powered once the last survivor is dead. To me, hatch seems like an unnecessary feature now but I would like to know your opinion(s).

Should Hatch Be Removed? 45 votes

Keep Hatch
80%
BardSeiko300TapeKnotSkeletalElitethen4321TaigaArcticWolfthenegativonePlantCollectorTheEdsterRoffelbillyDawnMadWarcrafter4KnightFall28901FFirebranddAwkward_FiendSlashstreetboyChurchofPigbm33Undershot 36 votes
Remove Hatch
20%
GibberishBlueberryRescultirMrPenguinRattiusGrimmy_BluuesTsukiYureiJukeBoxMan96JacobD 9 votes
Post edited by Rescultir on

Comments

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited September 2020
    Remove Hatch

Remove hatch is a little strong. I would like to rework hatch and EGC a little, but that's not a poll option lol. Hatch spawns closed during EGC. EGC starts as soon as 1 survivor remains or gens are finished, keys open hatch for 1 survivor only, maybe create an add-on that allows the key to read hatch aura.

Hatch currently undermines the whole match or just allows for a free escape. I don't really see a point to keep it around the way it is now.

With the new system, if you want a chance to get out through hatch you'll need to come in prepared.

Alternatively, remove hatch, keys now open gates faster, EGC starts with 1 Survivor left.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    Keep Hatch

Removing hatch without changes just results in 10 minutes of immersion, as we saw in the days before shutting hatch when people got 4k'd before two gens got done.

You could just have the gates be powered automatically when only one survivor remains, sure, but that isn't really any better than hatch since it's still just luck based.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

There should be a option for reworking the Hatch.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    Keep Hatch

It needs some changes but shouldnt be outright removed

• _Entity_
    _Entity_ Member Posts: 9
    Keep Hatch

I'm a killer player but I think hatch is fine as it gives a last chance and can lead to some really tense moments.

However I think hatch shouldn't spawn until 1 gen is left or 1 survivor is left. Having a whole team just do 3 gens to find hatch and gtfo is boring.

I dunno what improvements could be made but I don't agree that hatch should be removed.

Keys should be removed or made so they can't open hatch with just 1 key. I wish there was also a perk that locked chests or an addon that would lock x amount of chests or activate when you do such and such in the area of them so keys are more useful than just a hatch exit after 3 gens.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Keep Hatch

Rework the hatch, but keep it.