Why does everyone hates doctor?

Options

He's not even the best killer in the game,he's mid tier at least.

Killers better than doctor in my opinion:Oni,Spirit,Freddy,Hag,Pyramid Head,just to name a few.

There are some sick combos you can pull with doc,for example the double calm addon with distressing terror radius on a map like the game,but besides these situational maps and builds,he is definetly not on the level of the killers I mentioned especially on big maps.I love playing doc and even verse againts him,I dont understand the hate he receives then the killers I mentioned above exist.

Comments

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Personally, to me it's more of the inconvenience he brings. Yeah, it's awesome to have a mechanic that makes you snap out of it but...then puts you back to it again.

He can lose a survivor and Static Blast to find them again, and you have to have Calm Spirit to counter him? Seems a bit ridiculous and he can be quite oppressive, but I've gotten out of tighter situations against him.

I don't like the Static Blast, if I manage to lose him, I deserve the "Escaped Killer" but 99% he's right back on my ass again AFTER I've already snapped out of it.

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704
    Options

I get you,doctor is a lot of fun to play but it seems that most survivors I go againts really hate doctor,hardcore mode lol.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Imagine if every killer had 1 minute Cooldown ability that can Ping a radius in order to find a survivor while also already having an M2 ability.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Screams, obnoxious screen filters, more screams, static noises, annoying chase music...I have no problems with doctor's chase, he's not very good without the right add-ons, but everything else gives me a headache after a while. That's why I personally don't like him

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Because he can take the power away from survivors and doesn't rely on them being bad to get a hit.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Nobody who is decent hates Doctor. The only thing that people dislike about him are "Discipline Carters notes" and "Discipline Class II" because they break looping.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

The shock attack is what people don't like, the static blast as well. The shock attack if mastered, can shut down loops (making them take a hit) and force survivors to drop pallets early and the static blast reveals their location. They are just salty most of the time and I think doctor is in a good spot right now, not too strong and not too weak.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

His shocks are murder on players fps. I've lagged into stuff way too often because of it. Add in snapping out of madness can get tedious. And lastly a high percentage of Doctor players, at least in my experience, are pretty hardcore tunnlers/campers. Add those things together and he can be pretty unfun to face.

• Judicar
    Judicar Member Posts: 36
    Options

The Doctor has been an annoying killer since his inception although he's become ridiculously cheaper ever since they did that dumb poll about which killer to buff next and has remained steady in that aspect since they continually buff that buffoon even though he's never needed buffed in the first place. The only saving grace is with the last change they did with him he no longer gets that free scream at the beginning when he nears you but other than that he remains cheap as hell. Like mentioned by another person here, many of the DBD's finest trash players abuse his power to the extreme to camp and tunnel so it's not much of a mystery he's so despised.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,095
    Options

He was designed to be an annoyance to survivors. All he needs to do is shock blast the map and go after those screams. People dc as soon as they see a game map with a doc. He stop vault, healing, flashlight save and unhooking if he close enough to shock.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

I don't "hate" The Doctor; he offers an alternative style of play Survivors need to adapt to.

The unfortunate thing is the past 4 Doctors I've faced have patrolled nearby every hooked survivor (only in one case I would say they face-camped), but once those 4 had a hook, they patrolled and then targetted the hooked survivor.

Probably just the fact those types of players were enjoying Doctor at the time, but that's the reason I don't like him at present.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Immersed stealth players. I love playing Doc. I always found him interesting but the 2 modes on old Doc were too finicky. Now that hes been steamlined he's stronger, more fun to play and arguably higher tier.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582
    Options

^This^

I get gens feel like they go way too fast sometimes as killer, but man, playing a round against something like that is so insanely boring.

I know it can be easily countered by splitting gens as long as the Killer doesn't secure a 3 gen, but when you're playing with randos that's not the easiest task in the world, or when you're playing your buddies who are still learning how to hit normal skillchecks...

Otherwise, I like playing against Doctor.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Survivors who want every Killer to play the same way and refuse to adapt to new playstyles.

Of course there are people who genuinely dislike him, but they’re not as common or not as loud as the ones who don’t want to adapt.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I don't hate the Doctor per se, even though I'm a stealth player. My main issue is the fact that his power, like Legion's, provokes an effect that you counter by holding M1 for several seconds while preventing you from doing anything else. That's not terribly exciting.

I don't go up against a Doctor and think "Wow, this is going to be hard", I think "Wow, this is going to be boring".

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited October 2020
    Options

I wouldn't say he is hated, or at least I don't hate him. The Doc is a Killer with training wheels. I am not saying that to sound snarky, but it is true. He comes with an ability which is mildly annoying to the Survivors, but its primary purpose is a supercharged, short range Barbecue & Chili effect. He can simply reveal the location of all the Survivors within a certain radius and that is extremely powerful. Good Doctors have the following tactics:

1. Setup patrol routes of generators which cut the map down, i.e. they don't have to go as close to a Generator to know if someone is there.
    2. Right after hooking someone they tend to use this Power to find out who is hiding nearby for the rescue.
    3. People affected have screwy Skill checks so it is slightly oppressive to the Generator rush (only slightly).
    4. People facing the Doc. have to spread out and try to be out of his range and it helps him get a 3-Gen. easier.

I don't think people hate him, but most good Players understand that the Doctor's power is EXTREMELY efficient. You really have to go out of your way to use it against him. The following are suggestions.

1. Start with Generators that are kind of exposed, i.e. where you can see a long way off. Sure you might get spotted but you see him coming often before he spots you (he is tall and often glowy) and you can start to move in a way that his shortcut route doesn't electrify you as he passes. If he doesn't light you up he assumes you aren't there and you get a lot of time to finish that Gen before he comes around again.
    2. If you see he is about to hook someone, get in a damn locker or move back fast so you are out of range of the shock he is 100% going to do to check the area before he moves off. If he doesn't detect anyone, you are very likely to get that safe rescue.
    3. Just remember the screwy Skill checks are coming up and they aren't as bad. Forget they happen and you well fail them.
    4. Spread WAY out individually or in groups of two to minimize how many people get lit up by his power.

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
    Options

I hate his laugh, like dude STFU you shocked a survivor so what how is this funny

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options

its not about how strong they are its how fun they are, and doc is an example of a killer who is unfun and weak

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

That's becuz u 3 gen urself. But same can be said about the spirit, nurse, or the hag. Or killers w 1 hit kills.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

It's not even a 3 gen. They have load outs that can keep survivors from being able to get any gens done at all between slow downs and slugging.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

If you're playing solo que, he destroys because there's always 1 stealther that somehow can't even hold W. Plus, his add-ons overbuff him and are, for the most, essentially 2 add-ons rolled into 1, meaning that him equipping 2 orders, calms, etc. is the equivalent of another killer, like Plague, equipping 4 add-ons. That lovely brew mixes with his constant, honestly rather extreme game slowdown in the form of Madness III, and let's not forget his ability to deny vaults and pallets, which means you can't loop and you can't stealth so time to hold that W.

• SurvJoe
    SurvJoe Member Posts: 111
    Options

spamming m2 shock at loops with range addons , undeserved static blast which gives u position of survivors in terror radius

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284
    edited October 2020
    Options

I don't really mind Doctor all that much when it comes to his chase or tracking. The main thing that I don't like about him is the sensory overload that he can cause using specific add ons and on screen visuals.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

No, you cant counter his shock with Calm Spirit. He has his own auras following you (he can see them) and wallhack add-ons that can pinpoint you. The Static Blast give exactly one full madness tier and it always activate his add-ons. Doc, probably, is the most casual game mode, if you combine all wallhack add-ons and perks. He is the definition of wallhack in DBD.

• noctis129
    Options

What do u mean? What loadouts keep u from doing gens? I've played doctor extensively.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

It's probably specific doctors who just force a 3 gen with overcharge and do not chase.

Most doctors do not know how to shock properly and Doctor in general suffers from not having any map presence and being an M1 killer. He has no other form to hit you besides M1 and he has to do it twice. The time you waste snapping out of madness is negligible and is nowhere near comparable to Pig and having to run across the whole map to wake yourself up like in Freddy's case.

Unless it's a small/indoor map, if everyone just spreads out on gens and the chased survivor throws down every pallet, you can probably win against him without too much effort.

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704
    Options

Myers scratched mirror,wraith all seeing blood,oni renjiro's blood glove,blight compound twenty one what do you mean?

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Mirror Myers is noob slayer. He trade everything, including movement speed for wallhacks. He become so slow that I can loop him for 10 gens even in Lery's institute.

Wraith need to cloack and uncloak which take as long as DS stun and wallhack area is only 12m. Doc can nuke whole Pigs map and he doesnt need to uncloak, if someone is near him. Instant smack. :^)

Since survivors can see blood, Oni's thingy is not as strong as Doc's nuke+Illusions that follow survivors.

"21" is only 8m.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 2020
    Options

Nonstop screaming. Other killers have to find survivors. The Doctor just pops his low cooldown auto-finder and is then already chasing somebody. Combine it with Barbeque & Chili--which nearly every killer uses, and he's basically got all targets lined up from the first time he uses it and makes someone scream.

No searching. No effort. After his buffs, nearly every vault and pallet are unsafe, so his chase time got cut in half or less. He's awful to play against if you aren't running Calm Spirit, and imagine new players having to deal with that. His skill check effects almost universally cause you to miss some on top of all of that.

• noctis129
    Options
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 2020
    Options

That's like saying, "Oh, you struggle with the Hag? Run Urban Evasion every game!"

Being forced to run a specific perk to annihilate a single killer's kit is stupid logic and poor game balance at best.

• noctis129
    Options
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,095
    Options
  • Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

the on screen effects are pretty atrocious to me.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    Options

...I like the doctor because he laughs when he gets hit by a pallet.

(^_^)

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74
    Options

I main doctor at red ranks. The point isn’t to be a dick or annoying or anything. To me what makes him strong is his efficiency. I can cut down loops quickly, hook, and then walk like 15 meters forward away from the hook, static blast and find someone else to pressure. I don’t need to camp because I’ve now found another person to chase. It never crosses my mind to go back to the hook unless the survivor is dumb and leads me back there. He can begin to snowball very very fast and distressing with unrelenting and pop and overcharge slows the gens down extremely well. 3 gens are godly. It’s all about mastering his shock at loops and being as efficient as possible. He is one of the few killers in my eyes that can keep up with gen speeds because of all the different builds and strategies you can use to slow them down. That’s what survivors hate about him the most, is he slows the game down very well and can become very frustrating very fast. Which only feeds into the snowball more and more.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

loved original doctor (was my first ever killer) on both sides. Hate "reworked" Doctor.

@op The terror radius music stinks, the chase music is just as bad if not worse, and he's all about preventing survivors from doing things and has had anything else previously in his kit removed, so now he just stalls and stops survivors from showing off their skills. There's no option of micromanaging madness like there was before, his static electricity still gives big fps drops to groups of players, and more.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Because it forces survivors to do something other than gens if they don’t want to be found, even though survivors complain that gens are boring, and the only fun thing is being in a chase.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

The music is headache inducing and the static ui flashes hurt. That's why I dislike him.