The rift is still too grindy

13»

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Let me explain it in the manner of fun

If you run out of challenges to do and still have tiers left to get, its gonna be stupidly boring and you will have no fun at all getting the rest as it feels like a grind fest. If you have a long challenge and difficult, but not too difficult, you could have fun and have, in a manner, less tier to get whilst having challenges left to have fun with.

This sounds like I completely changed it, but this is aiming towards the fun side of having long, not stressful challenges

• Hoodied

Try and do it during pallet breaks, makes it easier to get the challenges down for blinding killers with a flashlight

• Viracocha72
    Viracocha72 Member Posts: 207

Nah, I'm right there with you. Did the same thing and I'm at tier 65 with about 6 challenges left to go. Also this is the first game I've ever bought a battle pass in and frankly I thought it was pretty damn cool.

• Kirakux
    Kirakux Member Posts: 36

I mean I'm a tad disappointed in recolors, but it's still a pretty cool thing. The charms look cool, even if most people don't seem to use them yet, lol.

• Hoodied

I was actually unaware of the people throwing matches, I only did it in a manner while doing the EGC sacrifices with NoEd, which was me letting survivors get all gens before slugging 2 of them

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

You are probably right, i guess i just assumed that you would earn the blight cosmetics during the halloween event like last year.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

So long as you are surviving and playing decently you'll last long enough to make a decent amount of rift fragments. People have always played poorly and farmed each other on hook, or played immersive, this isn't something new and it isn't an accurate criticism against the battle pass.

You say you are "trying" and that it is grindy, but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about from my own experience. Just playing the game and doing the challenges appears to be enough. What Tier are you at right now?

FoMo (Fear of missing out) is a you issue. It is not something you can use to put down a system or show that the system is somehow "bad". If you care so much about the cosmetics and charms then do something about it. If you can't meet the requirements to complete the rift then that is too bad, you don't deserve these things just because you want them.

Sure, most of it is behind a pay wall but if you complete the rift you actually make your cells back, which leads me to my next point:

BHVR is not here just to hand you things. They are a company selling a product. Sure you had to pay for the game, but there is nothing in the rift that gives you an advantage. It is all optional cosmetics. And optional things in this game are already being sold for real money. At least with the rift, if you finish it, you make all your cells back which you can then use on the next rift and, probably, make your cells back again and just keep going having paid for all the cosmetics and charms you unlock once.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I personally would have preferred that, but I guess they wanted to try something new this time.

• deadbodyman62
    deadbodyman62 Member Posts: 43

It is and was marketed as free to play and completely optional. The rift is purely for cosmetic rewards. The lore and challenges are completely free and not capped to a time limit.

And it's not needlessly bloated with auric cells. If you complete the rift you get all your cells back so it's free ( it's called incentive). And again your complaining about money grab but your mad they give you money back lol.

And if you can't complete 70 levels in 70 days it's pretty bad. You get enough XP in a couple matches to get 1 level.

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

Mate I've played games like fortnite on the side while playing other games more and still barely playing. The game is free and the battlepass is way cheaper and your basically guaranteed to complete it if you play a bit, even inconsistently... That and skins are basically their only source of income but they do fine. I'd have begrudgingly put in even more money to get it if it was easier and I'm sure others would but I've put too much money into buying killers at it is to buy a ######### battlepass. It's not like fortnites where your guaranteed to make it back if you play enough because you need to play alot longer to have a hope in hell and tbh the rewards aren't even that great and that's just a fact. It's just pure greed and the Devs thinking people should be rebuying their pass everyday unless they are unemployed/don't care about their academics and play dbd like it's their full time job.

• dabaconboss
    dabaconboss Member Posts: 8

could the rift have gotten even grindier? when i finished my challenges in the first rift i was level 65. ive finished my challenges in rift four and am only level 55.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

hey you know this thread was in december 2019? and Yes things changed. there are less challenges or master challenges and it has resulted in about 5 tiers not covered by challenges over all. That's a lot of extra work, I went in expecting the tome to get me to 60-63 but it took me to 53-55 ... yea there's more of a grind.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

I wish there wasn't much of a grind. Even after completing all of the challenges I still lag behind the tome. It would be better if the devs added some rift fragments to the daily challenges like maybe 1 or 2.

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208

That depends on what time you're playing each role. At night you're basically getting killer matches instantly, but at night Survivor cue times are longer. In daytime Survivor cue times are quicker, but killer cue times are longer.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Yes, its aimed at children who spend all evening in front of pc. We have 18+ and extreme violence tag, but pls dont mind it. Violence is ok. :^)

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

I just wish they'd add some rift fragments to the premium tier.