Which role do you find more fun? (Survivor or Killer)

Cabbage
Cabbage Member Posts: 349

I find survivor more enjoyable when playing with friends as I tend to get left on the hook a lot in solo queue, but killer is also quite fun. If I had to choose I’d go with survivor though as the gameplay is much more chilled out and you’re not constantly on the go, killer can be stressful sometimes.

Comments

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Depends on my mood. I usually play killer when I'm tired of bad teammates and scummy killers.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I find both sides equally enjoyable. Both can be a pain at times, but I like both a lot. That's probably why I just match up with whichever wait time is shorter.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

I play both sides and have 1600 hours in the game but am considered a killer main. I play survivor when I just wanna chill, run around do gens, get chased etc,... but killer is more of the challenging side. I consider survivor almost like PVE and killer is more PVP for me.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I find killer more fun, but survivor far less stressful. So I wind up playing roughly equal amounts of both.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

Survivor even though I play on both sides.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Killer. Survivor is boring as #########. I detest holding interact on generators, and when I am being chased, it is so uninteractive and I strongly dislike running in circles. The only time I play survivor is when I am doing challenges. Killer is very fun and I love playing almost all of them besides Billy, spirit, and nurse.

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316

Survivor, because I prefer being chased than the one who's chasing.

I do play killer occasionally, mostly for the tomes and I often have fun, but I'd still prefer survivor.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

At the moment, survivor. Usually, I play both sides equally and have way more fun as killer, but ye, I can't play killer with all the bugs lol. I wanted to go back to Billy for a while to get some sexy curves, only to find out that he's bugged af and completely unplayable. Spirit is boring for me now, I'm saving up for Plague so I can completely my Oni build, and I'm not feeling Hag. So ye, I'm taking the month off of killer.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

I play both sides and find myself playing survivor more. It's just nice to only be 25% responsible as opposed to 100%. But I also played nothing but killer for the first year, so I'm enjoying the change of pace.

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206

killer is more stressful. Survivor is more chill. I prefere killer because is challenging and i have no friends

• GGEevee
    GGEevee Member Posts: 7

Honestly I enjoyed playing survivor when I first started and never touched killed because I thought I wouldn’t like it or it would be to hard, but one day I decided I was going to give killer a shot and try not to rage at the fact I might get “out played” a lot, I considered the fact I was only rank 20 at the time so I wasn’t expecting that many troubled games, I started by looking for some suggestions on the internet of good starting killers and the one that pricked my eyes was wraith as I haven’t bought all the killers and don’t plan to, so I loaded into my first game and had the MOST FUN I’ve ever had in any game, the chases were decent and I was able to locate the survivors quickly, I ended up killing all but one survivor, I decided I wasn’t going to be “toxic or sweaty” and gave him the hatch, but after that first game I couldn’t stop playing and I was hooked so in my opinion I choose killer as my favourite out of the two

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Depend if i want to watch netflix and play some game im playing survivor 100% of the time its easy and you dont need to spot every single detail im a match

• BitingSea
    BitingSea Member Posts: 332

I play killer 95% of the time now but every now and then I play some survivor. Obviously I enjoy killer way more but on survivor it's always fun to cower in a corner praying they didn't hear the locker door or didn't see you crouch behind a rock or Z wall

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

I play 50/50, and that's the same way in which I enjoy playing whichever role:

As Survivor, I play solo, so when you get those moments where everybody works exquisitly as a team with comms, or saves a Survivor during endgame it's brilliant! Likewise, I enjoy the tension of escaping or evading Killers.

With the Killer role it's that feeling of chasing and overwhelming Survivors, especially if I can create a panic or avalanche of attacks. I also enjoy the individual abilities.

Ultimately, I just like randomizing builds and perks, and seeing where they take me.

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68

If I feel like investing brain cells, I'll play killer. If I feel like just chilling, I'll play survivor.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I like survivor best, because i like the game not as a running-in-circles-simulatior, but as a hide-and-seek game. And how that plays is in the hand of a survivor, the killer can only react to that.

However, there are some killers i enjoy as well.